Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How does changing the title of series on Batoto work?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Narehate

Narehate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

I don't know how it happens or who does it, but someone on the We Can't Study page changed the title to the Japanese name (that no one knows it by) after 45 chapters have been out.

Majority of the comments section seems to want to keep it as the English name.  Since it's been kept as "We Can't Study" since it was first scanlated can it be changed back to the English title and locked so it can't be changed or something?  When the title switches after people have become familiar with the English title of it after so long it's just troublesome for people who can't easily recognize Japanese titles as English-speakers.

If it's popular vote that results in title changes then that's weird because I'm pretty sure most people would vote for it to stay in English.

Edited by Narehate, 02 January 2018 - 07:53 PM.

MAL: zanahorowa / tumblr: zanahorowa (inactive)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Isn't this the same comic and issue that was already discussed a week or two ago?

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28730-why-are-various-series-names-changing-from-english-to-japanese-on-the-lists/

https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bokutachi-wa-benkyou-ga-dekinai-r20774

and it's always a big help to include a link to whatever it is in question :)

Edited by svines85, 02 January 2018 - 08:11 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Narehate

Narehate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Isn't this the same comic and issue that was already discussed a week or two ago?

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28730-why-are-various-series-names-changing-from-english-to-japanese-on-the-lists/

https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/bokutachi-wa-benkyou-ga-dekinai-r20774

and it's always a big help to include a link to whatever it is in question :)

Ah, I didn't see that edit button.  It's kind of hiding in a weird spot.

Is it not possible to lock title editing away or something though?  I went and changed it back but I'm not so sure it'll stay that way.

Edited by Narehate, 02 January 2018 - 08:50 PM.

MAL: zanahorowa / tumblr: zanahorowa (inactive)

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Ah, I didn't see that edit button.  It's kind of hiding in a weird spot.

Is it not possible to lock title editing away or something though?  I went and changed it back but I'm not so sure it'll stay that way.

1. If you are going to change the main title back to the English translation, it is also your responsibility to put the romaji title into the Alt Titles section of the comic and remove the english translated name from that section. I've done that for you (just waiting on a cache update), but please remember this for any future changes.

2. It is possible to lock comic editing, but that is reserved for vandalization usually.

3. There is a very good chance that the title will be changed again within a week.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Yup, as Daktyl implies, you're probably just setting yourself up for taking part in an editing war, and I'd avoid it if I were you.

My opinion is that romaji titles are the best way to go in the context of this discussion, and if I were you I'd just get used to it. I can't speak for why Jaimini's Box went with an English translation of it, that's their business.........I mean, you do notice there's at least one other English interpretation of what it should mean, right?.........and yeah, you just don't get that problem (hardly ever) with romaji.

Tn7HA0h.png