Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Can a person not from a group be a contributor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

comicmaplestory

comicmaplestory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello, I'm currently scanlating "Comic Maplestory RPG Offline" and I am doing it completely alone. This is my first experience scanlating something, since I don't usually do this type of thing at all, but a chapter of mine has already been approved.

I saw that in the rules it stated that a member must be part of a group to be a contributor, but I am technically a one man 'group' and have applied my approved chapter as "No Group." 

Should I create a group or is it a possibility that a person with no group be made a contributor? Thank you. 

asdfblarg

asdfblarg

Newbie Mod

• Contrib Mods
  • 78 posts

Why would one get Contributor status?
1. If you're from a group, you may wish to use Batoto as your publishing medium. Therefore, delays caused by moderation would get in the way.
AND/OR
2. You're going to upload a large number of comics. This simply removes the amount of work moderators will need to do.

Qualifications: Goes for Each member-----

1-A. You're from a group to upload your releases/comics. You should still have at least 4 chapters to show you understand the system. Does Not Mean being  part of a scanlation Without uploading Anything will be granted Contributor automatically . ​

OR

.  1-B.  You Have uploaded at least 5 chapters previously. There are no hard limits as requirement (roughly 10+). But it shows that you're familiar with how the system works. 

2. Have Read and Understand the global rules and The General Hosting Guidelines/Policies .This is an obvious factor that applies to everyone. But contributors must pay special attention to it as you are making impact which carries immediate consequences. That includes Any Group's Hosting Restriction and their Delays. And here is the guide to uploading.
    3. (Optional) Being vetted/vouched by Contributor(s) will assist with the process.  

From: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1525-read-firstabout-contributor-status-application/

Note the "OR" in the statements. 

You can create a new group for yourself if you want, but it its not necessary. 

Also, OchaMeido❣ wants at least 4 to 5 chapters uploaded before even considering giving you the status. 

Please make sure you know how to change sort orders, and properly delete and archive chapters.

BTW, I'm also the one one who has approved the 2 chapters you have uploaded recently.

I'm still a new mod and I don't deal with the contributor requests at the moment.

Feel free to look for me on the discord for anything.

Batoto Discord Link: https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy

comicmaplestory

comicmaplestory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

From: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1525-read-firstabout-contributor-status-application/

Note the "OR" in the statements. 

You can create a new group for yourself if you want, but it its not necessary. 

Also, OchaMeido❣ wants at least 4 to 5 chapters uploaded before even considering giving you the status. 

Please make sure you know how to change sort orders, and properly delete and archive chapters.

BTW, I'm also the one one who has approved the 2 chapters you have uploaded recently.

I'm still a new mod and I don't deal with the contributor requests at the moment.

Thank you so much! I didn't realize there was an and/or, my apologies. I have read and understood the rest of the rules, and I thank you again for approving my two chapters! Have a nice day!