Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Make a Stand! (Literally!)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Slowdive92

Slowdive92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

LET'S GET CREATIVE!

Since the thread on here about renaming existing Stands sort of turned into a thread with a bunch of people (myself included) coming up with very minimalist, loose concepts for new ones based on song/album/band/etc. titles they liked, I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread about making up entirely new Stands from scratch! I've got a couple I've been forming in my head, but I'll start off with one of the concepts I think I've got the most solidly put-together. After that, let's see what all you wonderful people can come up with! Let your imagination run wild and try making it as fully-realized as possible! Constructive criticism is welcome in this thread but don't be a dick about it. This thread is nothing more than a fun, creative exercise using Stands as a medium. No need to zoom in and tell anybody they're "stupid" or whatever. Anyway, now to get the ball rolling!

「Relentless Assault

Music reference: 'Relentless Assault' by Evil Army
Stand type: Wearable
Stats:
Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: B
Precision: A
Development Potential: E

Relentless Assault acts as a wearable armor suit for its user with a very militaristic design to it. Visually it would draw heavy influence from various Mecha anime/manga. It starts out with the equivalent of a couple of light-caliber SMGs attached to the wrists and aim is assisted via the targeting system in the helmet, but it increases both the size and the power of the arms it has at its disposal proportionate to either the amount of attackers present or the spiritual power that an opposing Stand emits (or depending on how many Stand users are present). A strategy the experienced user would regularly employ is utilizing its lighter arms fire to draw more and more attackers into an engagement or antagonizing an opposing Stand user into putting more energy into their own attacks, thereby strengthening Relentless Assault's own power. Given enough outside feedback, Relentless Assault can produce deadly, wide-range explosive attacks that devastate everything around it. In this way it's basically an almost entirely reactionary Stand.

It would be used by a minor villain who fully understands but has grown to hate their power because of how much death it has caused. Likely the character who would possess this Stand would be ex-military, and whose abilities were witnessed by a bigger villain character say, in the context of a war they were both fighting in, where Relentless Assault was used to bring total annihilation to the enemy, and the user would be coerced into using a power they themselves loath and fear for the benefit of that bigger villain through the usage of a hostage or hostages (ideally the user's family). It would first be demonstrated when, for instance, an organization that is hunting the Big Bad sends a private military company after them only to be totally slaughtered as Relentless Assault cranks up its power as more of the brigade rushes the user. I envision their primary appearance as an arc where an ostensibly "weaker" Stand user and side-character in the story would be given greater opportunity to shine in a confrontation, utilizing unconventional methods to incapacitate the user while the main character(s) work(s) to save the hostage(s).

The key part of the lyrics to the track referenced in the name that inspired this:
"The enemy holds only one right
The right to die via military strength
Enemy action, fueling my aggression
Counter attack is suicide"

The song itself focuses entirely around the concept of an "army of one", the person from whose perspective the lyrics are sung, who crushes any and all who oppose them through increasingly deadly force that intensifies to overcome seemingly overwhelming odds.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! HAVE FUN!

Jekyll--

Jekyll--

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm narrating/playing a tabletop Bizarre Adventure rpg with friends of mine, we're currently on our fourth Part and I've created over 120 stands with that line of thought you gave, it has pretty much become a habit by now. I'm happy to have found this thread lol

Your ex-military theme reminded me of a character I'm playing that follows the same mood. He was an extremely dangerous and competent individual that changed the tides of an independence war in a small country in North Africa, serving under the French Foreign Legion in the early 1800's. He was falsely prized as a war hero while the true story behind the team he served with were erased for political reasons, which led him to a life of hedonism and inconsequence.
On a fateful night he placed bets he knew he would win against some poor bastard whose life ended up getting turned into hell due to extensive debts. He was approached by a Witch Doctor who placed a curse on him until he learned from his mistakes and turned his life from sin to redemption for both him and his fallen comrades. That curse is his stand from then on.

Sorry for taking so long, here's the stand:

Stand Name: [ VOODOO PROVIDENCE ]
Stand User: Warwick Carter

Power: N/A

Speed: A
Range: A

Staying : A

Precision : N/A
Learning : N/A

Voodoo Providence is a three inches tall skeleton with a pinstripe suit and a panama hat, rattle-laughing while smoking a cigar. It is a curse placed upon people who have strayed from the path of righteousness and led a life of sin and luxury, hurting others around them.

The stand's effect is to show the cursed person the way back to virtue, showing the way to solve problems, overcome obstacles and escape dangerous situations. Providence acts through the scenery scenery, appearing next to people and things, placing objects in the user's pockets, etc., in a way that will always force the strayed to face the reality of their past actions and pay for their sins.
The users of this stand are likely to ignore or go against it's intrusions, and will only risk themselves in perpetuating their own suffering. If they stray too much from Voodoo Providence's calling, it will punish them in the same faishon they think they're being punished with (when they're really being led back to who their better selves).

It never acts directly, and it's elusiveness makes it a hard target even to acknowledge. It silently rattle-laughs at it's user, making this stand mainly noticeable for it's user only.

The stand was based in the song NW5 (from the band Madness)

pretty much the whole lyrics were my main point for making both the user character and this stand ahahah,

Totally not the usual combat-type stand, but I hope you like it!

Edited by Jekyll--, 17 December 2017 - 09:52 PM.

Slowdive92

Slowdive92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Ooh, a JoJo tabletop sounds rad, I might bring that idea to my own group now! lol

Anyway, I like it a lot, actually. It presents a good "paying penance" character arc for the user, in a way almost having the guidance angle of Hey-Ya!, but with an antagonistic relationship. Sounds like it'd also have some decent potential for getting the rest of the party loosely involved with some of the stuff it does too, I can see it making for a nice little DM tool. Also the appearance is fun, I like imagining him just sittin' on the user's shoulder "cackling" at them while they sulk about it, lol. Thanks for sharing!

Stanex

Stanex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

STAND NAME: Space Oddity. (David Bowie) This stand is omnipresent, I mean, totally ignores the fourth dimension (which is time) and can be in several places at once ... it's just an idea, I'm really bored

Jekyll--

Jekyll--

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Your Space Oddity looks to me like some "it only exists when you look at it"/"it only exists when you remember it" kind of bizarre happening, I like that idea

Respect Blindfolds

Respect Blindfolds

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Stand Name: Go Robots

Reference: Red Hot Chili Peppers song

This stand is a legion of toy robots that reach the height of a poodle's knee. On the area where their mouths' would be is an LED signboard that shows the location it will memory wipe.

Power: C

Speed: D

Range: A

Durability: B

Precision: C

Potential: C

Ability: 「Robots don't care where I've been」

The robots mostly attack by shooting little laser beams that rebound of walls, but it's main ability is to erase the memories of the user and perception of a desired location. Say the user is being chased by the main protagonists and they have a lead that he or she was at a party. He or she will then ask the stand to make everyone forget that the user was there and make any evidence exclude their presence.

Nightray1

Nightray1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

STAND NAME:「FASHION」

In Reference to Jay Critch's "Fashion"

Power: B

Speed: A

Range: B

Durability: C

Precision: A

Potential: C

STAND ABILITY: Able to control all kinds of fabric. 

Pretty simple but low key broken imo. If you wear clothes you're fucked  

Edited by Nightray1, 29 December 2017 - 01:06 AM.

Slowdive92

Slowdive92

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Ability: 「Robots don't care where I've been」

The robots mostly attack by shooting little laser beams that rebound of walls, but it's main ability is to erase the memories of the user and perception of a desired location. Say the user is being chased by the main protagonists and they have a lead that he or she was at a party. He or she will then ask the stand to make everyone forget that the user was there and make any evidence exclude their presence.

I can see Go Robots being a Killer-Queen-level perfect fit for an altogether different kind of criminal, like a con artist or thief who goes after very dangerous and absurdly wealthy marks. Or for a spy, even.

Edited by Slowdive92, 29 December 2017 - 01:27 AM.

Kawaiiotakucat

Kawaiiotakucat

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Is this thread still alive?