Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

"Hey! you're bisexual right? rape this guy."- lets talk about this

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cautionary_Tale

Cautionary_Tale

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

so, in chapter 19 villain guy says this to one of like 5 potential rapists, and the guy is just like, yeah ok.

it just strikes me as odd. now i understand that he was looking forward to raping that totally sexy MC girl. understandable. he was very into that. fine. but to just turn around and be fine with raping the MC too? kinda weird. the MC isnt portrayed as like, an attractive dude or anything. there doesnt seem to be a real benefit to raping him over the girl. if they just kicked his ass and knocked him out, they could just go back to raping the girl, who is understandably attractive for that kind of thing. so why would the guy, bisexual rapist or not, be like, "I'm totally willing to rape this normal average looking skinny twig piece of crap MC guy over this comparatively super hot girl, because you, the main villain, and my cohort in this potential impending rape, tells me to."

i dunno yall, that looks to be pretty thin reasoning to me.

I only bring it up because people have some weird ideas about how bisexual and homosexual relationships and sexual desires work. many, and i feel the author of this manga falls into this category, believe that just because a sexual orientation is different from the norm, that the driving desire for sex with other people is completely arbitrary and mercurial. to the degree that they are seen as having no particular taste and will have sex with anyone of the desired sex regardless to looks, or any other criteria. which is stupid.

while i find that this character (the rapist bisexual) POTENTIALLY could have found the MC desirable in some sexual way or decided on a whim to go for an uglier target for his rape, i find the thread that connects it to believability extremely thin. the idea that just because he is a bisexual in this rape party, that he doesnt care who he rapes as long as he does get to rape someone, is kinda hard to believe.

some of you might think "hey man its a side character and he's just there for drama or whatever, dont overthink it." but i say to you, NAY! I WANT BELIEVABLE EVENTS TO HAPPEN IN MY MANGA! even the stereotypical, bs, contrived, annoying, cash grab, trope crap manga.

anyway, what do yall think of this character, this subject, and this event? do you feel its more believable than i described? tell me about it yall.

Azerlete

Azerlete

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Well, it's not like he would have anything better to do while his friends were taking their turn elsewhere.

Plus, the MC seems to be drawn as good-looking, even if it's not really brought up in the story.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hell, I'm tempted to pick this up just to read this part of it, sounds like some good action to me :D

Tn7HA0h.png

deathbahamutxxx

deathbahamutxxx

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Rape generally isn't about sexual attraction but power and domination over another.