Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto, please stop checking my browser!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Several times now, I go to read Batoto and I get delayed by a screen saying its checking my browser. Why does Batoto need to check my browser?!? Checking it for what??? I don't want to wait for something that pointless over and over.

Edited by truepurple, 28 November 2017 - 10:27 AM.

Wolvenworks

Wolvenworks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationJakarta

never had this.

Z128329.png

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

We're currently getting ddosed and it's a mitigation method. It's not there because I like it. It's there because site would freeze without it.

It's checking to see that you're a human.

I need sleep

I need sleep

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOn your couch

Yeah the same happens to me, it only happens for a couple of seconds tho, not that much of an inconvenience 

c8054d218a826cd971ef256fd1348dcc--funny-

If I got a minute of sleep for every time I browsed a meme then perhaps I wouldn't be sleep deprived

Primula

Primula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Like Grumpy said... lol

In the end it your choice of wait a few sec for the CloudFlare with access to the website OR not being able to access the website or run way to slow due to DDOS

Website popularity = more risk from hackers or DDOS to ruin your experience to website like this

Wolvenworks

Wolvenworks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationJakarta

oh yeah just got it just now. just DDoS protection. because nothing sucks more than getting DDOS'd while reading a whole page of waifus

Z128329.png

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Is it possible to inform people this is a bot check on the wait screen while it's happening? Alot of people aren't going to know what browser check means/is about.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

It does say ddos protection, so that's not really necessary, IF people actually read what it says.

Gnah

Gnah

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 64 posts

This DDoS is still going on? That's more than 24hrs now.

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

We're currently getting ddosed and it's a mitigation method. It's not there because I like it. It's there because site would freeze without it.

It's checking to see that you're a human.

The system is a bit aggressive... It IP-banned my PC just for opening a couple of new chapters in new tabs!

What procedure should I follow to get my IP unbanned?

-God Ginrai

Primula

Primula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

PM Grumpy or any forum admin for unban request