Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Vandalization of Manga Infos? - report here...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

CraftyxCrafty

CraftyxCrafty

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I know its a very small thing, however I find it extremely annoying, but for the Dragon's Rioting alt names someone is constantly changing it to things like "No Chinese" and it is currently "Stupid Chinese". I have changed the Alt names to correct ones a few times but every time I go to read an update it has been changed back. I was hoping a mod could possible put in the correct alt names and lock the edit if possible. Again, I know its a very small thing but every manga description I have seen so far as looked 'professional' or at least attempted to, but it is just a glaring annoyance for me. 

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

We'll look into it. Vandalizing comic information is an offense as stated in the site's Rules and Guidelines. :)

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Comic (Alternative Name) Fixed.

Anyone vandalizing Comics - Please stop. If you have got an issue with a Comic - be it Language Uploaded in, Art or Content, or anything like that... Then Make A Thread About It (Without breaking the rules). Don't go ruining things for others for whatever reason.

If you're found to be Vandalizing Comics, you will face the consequences. You have been warned.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Moved to Quality Inssurance , as it is about comics.
This thread changed to "Valizaluation of Manga Infos [Report here]"

================================================
This thread will be use for reporting any Manga series that has been
changed incorrectly, which includes the genre changes, the manga alts names.

IF anyone see any infos being changed incorrectly, please report it here.
Also IF Anyone remove our NOTICE
at the bottom of description, there will be consequence.

Edited by MarchClover, 26 March 2014 - 03:31 PM.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Marian5390

Marian5390

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIn the bushes. I mean, I am a snail, right?

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/wakabayashi-toshiya’s-4-koma-collection-r9820

Some annoying, racist troll added "The chinese are stupid as f*ck" (without the sensor) to the list of alternate names on a Japanese manga. Gosh, if people have to be racist, they could at least be educated racists. -_-

So I decided to go for a full signature upheaval but I have no real idea what to put here for now... So I guess just have a link to the lovely utaite Kradness's current newest song.

I mean, who could say no to this voice? (It's called Buraikku Jikoraizer by the way)

And you know what? While I'm at it take my favourite Reol song too. Reol and nqrse's (pronounced Naruse) cover of Mousou Zei is amazing.

Mousou Zei, or Delusion Tax, a song by Deco*27 originally done with the vocaloid Hatsune Miku

(Just as an extra note, Buraikku Jikoraizer is originally a Kagamine Len song by Jesus-P, if you ever want to find the original)

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/wakabayashi-toshiya’s-4-koma-collection-r9820

Some annoying, racist troll added "The chinese are stupid as f*ck" (without the sensor) to the list of alternate names on a Japanese manga. Gosh, if people have to be racist, they could at least be educated racists. -_-

Thanks for reporting.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/nekogurui-minako-san-r11698

repeated changing of genre tags and adding inaccurate (troll) genre tags  (http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/17953-do-not-add-more-tags-on-your-own-for-nekogurui-minako-san-please/#entry1227789)

edit: oh my god, it's had four more tags added just in the time from when I reported it to now, holy cow  >_<

Edited by svines85, 29 April 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

I'm leaving it alone for now, so some Admin can try to see who were the last people who edited it. Hopefully they'll be able to deduce who's doing it, then.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

Action taken: pm'ed the contributor KobatoChanDaiSuki . Removed the tags and closed the serie.

Added an notice in description.

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^

Mrvirus

Mrvirus

Potato

• Donator
  • 142 posts

some *beep* changes the alt names of this comic http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ruler-of-the-land-r660/

Posted Image

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

some *beep* changes the alt names of this comic http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ruler-of-the-land-r660/

it's fixed back but if it happens again, please tell us.

Marian5390

Marian5390

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Hello again! ^o^

...Ugh, I hate having to post here. -_-

Welp, some misogynist I am above insulting has added insulting alternate names to Ookami-heika no hanayome.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ookami-heika-no-hanayome-r1256

So I decided to go for a full signature upheaval but I have no real idea what to put here for now... So I guess just have a link to the lovely utaite Kradness's current newest song.

I mean, who could say no to this voice? (It's called Buraikku Jikoraizer by the way)

And you know what? While I'm at it take my favourite Reol song too. Reol and nqrse's (pronounced Naruse) cover of Mousou Zei is amazing.

Mousou Zei, or Delusion Tax, a song by Deco*27 originally done with the vocaloid Hatsune Miku

(Just as an extra note, Buraikku Jikoraizer is originally a Kagamine Len song by Jesus-P, if you ever want to find the original)

Marian5390

Marian5390

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Hello again! ^o^

...Ugh, I hate having to post here. -_-

Welp, some misogynist I am above insulting has added insulting alternate names to Ookami-heika no hanayome.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ookami-heika-no-hanayome-r1256

Huh. I'm not sure if maybe a staff member dealt with it or what, but the offending text is gone. I'll report if it happens again. Thanks! ^^

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I've got a question. I'm seeing a number of comics that are having the new "[no chapter]" tag put on them even though they do have chapters.......they just happen to be non-English chapters.........that's not right, is it? Or am I wrong?

I guess for my own part I have a hard time interpreting "NO chapters" as anything other than exactly that, absolutely "no" chapters at all.

But please, tell me if I'm interpreting it wrong and we can go from there.   :) 

Tn7HA0h.png

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

I've got a question. I'm seeing a number of comics that are having the new "[no chapter]" tag put on them even though they do have chapters.......they just happen to be non-English chapters.........that's not right, is it? Or am I wrong?

I guess for my own part I have a hard time interpreting "NO chapters" as anything other than exactly that, absolutely "no" chapters at all.

I wouldn't say vandalizing if they genuinely don't see the "no chapter" for their language. (For instance, I have non-English releases filtered at all times.)

And this kind of thing is precisely why we're better off with better way to sort this.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

You are right, svines . Only series that have absolutely no chapters should have that tag. 

Please remove the "No chapter" from those series. If they keep happening, report here.

~~~<3 

There is reason as state on the last post from mhh why we cant add that as tags... It isn't precise

same goes for "No chapter". No Chapter tags is an experimental tag mhh added.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

You are right, svines . Only series that have absolutely no chapters should have that tag. 

Please remove the "No chapter" from those series. If they keep happening, report here.

~~~<3 

There is reason as state on the last post from mhh why we cant add that as tags... It isn't precise

same goes for "No chapter". No Chapter tags is an experimental tag mhh added.

Outstanding, thanks for the info. 

Yeah, I've done that (removing the ones that weren't right) and we'll go from here. I can only swear to one or two of the total titles involved, but that tag was definitely added in those instances with non-English chapters already uploaded and available to read on them. 

(For instance, I have non-English releases filtered at all times.)

You know, being that I don't do that, I never thought about that possibility. I suppose that could well be how that happened........ though unfortunately it still results in the comic being tagged incorrectly. Hopefully this conversation will get the attention of those who might be making that mistake.

Tn7HA0h.png

Mrvirus

Mrvirus

Potato

• Donator
  • 142 posts

here is one http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/fuuka-r11026

Edited by Seraphic Mist, 21 June 2014 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I've removed the [no chapters] tag from this one three times now over the last week or so only to have it (now) be reapplied four times. It's actually a complete title here in Spanish.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/solanin-r12331

Tn7HA0h.png

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
Tag removed, comic locked.