Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Do I need to read Astro Boy to understand this?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

giro

giro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Topic, basically. I've heard this is great, but I've never seen or watched Astro Boy. Will I be confused?

truthseeker

truthseeker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Lots of replies here, huh?....

So far, no. Since I haven't! >.> Don't think I will, either, though I've put Astro Boy on my to-watch list, at the bottom. ^^

I'll put this here as well: "Complete" on Batoto means it is stopped in Japan. There are 8 volumes of Pluto. Could we get this coded in, so that the Batoto pages with "Complete" on them go: "Complete (X Volumes)"? or "Chapters" of course, for those scanners that don't put volume numbers.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Actually, "Complete" and "Ongoing" should refer to a titles scanlation status, and not it's publication status.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

p3pe

p3pe

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 389 posts
  • LocationChurabhaya
I've finished it without reading astroboy before. I still can understand the story well. So go ahead and read it :)

My avatar is taken from this pixiv user: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35996065 ♥

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

It's perfectly okay not to know much about Astro Boy. I actually forgot this arc even existed to begin with.

That being said, however, it is highly recommended to grab Astro Boy later. It is, after all, considered as one of the greatest manga series ever written.

Edited by Cake-kun, 20 August 2013 - 02:48 AM.