Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How will volume 10 be handled?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cyex

Cyex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Since the volume is being released separate from the magazine how will it be translated?

tltl

tltl

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

We have access to the volume raws, so the scanlation work itself is not a problem.

The chapter numbers will be updated to reflect the correct chronological order.

Here's a progress report for you:

Scanning 100%

Cleaning 70%

Translation 60%

Typesetting 0%

Redrawing 0%

Engineerman

Engineerman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

We have access to the volume raws, so the scanlation work itself is not a problem.

The chapter numbers will be updated to reflect the correct chronological order.

Here's a progress report for you:

Scanning 100%

Cleaning 70%

Translation 60%

Typesetting 0%

Redrawing 0%

How long do scanlators take to finish these chapters given these progress? Not being pushy, just curious bout how you guys do it.   

tltl

tltl

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts
Before I bother going into specifics, the bottom line is that volume 10 chapters "should" start releasing sometime this week, at a rate of 1 chapter every 1-3 days.

Translator Man is really quick on the turnaround. I could mark translation as 100% right now and you'd never know the difference, because he doesn't need weeks to translate it, he's just waiting on me to get off my ass.

Shipping the book from Amazon Japan takes 3-5 days typically.
Scanning the entire volume was I wanna say 7 hours in total? I watch anime while I do it, not paying that much attention to the clock.
Basic filters are automated and run while scanning or overnight.

Rotating/cropping/burning/dodging/leveling is... 4 hours? Again, I use this time to listen to podcasts, not really timing myself.

Typesetting is about an hour per chapter.
Redrawing is...3-5 hours to a chapter? It varies wildly with how much lineart needs redrawing and how lazy I'm feeling.

Edited by tltl, 29 November 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Cyex

Cyex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Ah alright also is volume 10 gonna change what time we see the magazine releases

tltl

tltl

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

Yes.

I'll be delaying the current magazine chapters while I work on getting volume 10 out.

Last week was the first magazine chapter I've skipped in this fashion.

Qrowin_Shitposts

Qrowin_Shitposts

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Yes.

I'll be delaying the current magazine chapters while I work on getting volume 10 out.

I just want to thank all of you for doing god's work. As I understand it, it's a very "We'll get them out as soon as they're done" sort of deal and there's not much point trying to predict release dates, and that's fine. Honestly, the fact that we got so many chapters as once is a blessing. I kind of feel bad for you guys, but really I'm just grateful to you and Wakabayashi. This arc has had some amazing chapters so far, and the ones that are to come are getting me really excited! Same is true for the rest of the fandom. The discord has never been as alive as it has been recently (at least, since the anime ended). Which, granted, still isn't all that alive due to its small size, but it's still been really fun.

Edited by Qrowin_Shitposts, 11 December 2017 - 07:18 PM.

secretdarkmind

secretdarkmind

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Yes.

Thank you very much