Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What is Batoto's stance on uploads of official translations by publishers that have gone out of business?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

tsugumi

tsugumi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I don't understand, I just wrote a wall of text and it's all gone.

Okay, trying again:

My favorite manga, Tactics, was rescued from a dead Tokyopop, only for its rescuer, JManga, to also go out of business. While scanslations of volumes 1-6 and 13 exist, volume 7 is a zip folder of Tokyopop's translation from a physically scanned book. Additionally, volumes 9-12 are zipped folders of clean screenshots of the JManga pages taken in the days after it was announced the website would shut down. This makes it hard for new people to get into the series, as no one wants to commit to downloading zips when other manga can simply be read with ease online, in one place.

Therefore, I was hoping to learn what Batoto's policy is on hosting translations by companies that no longer exist are.

Tactics currently has no english publisher and remains unlicensed.

Edited by tsugumi, 13 November 2017 - 01:42 PM.

psychopa-ncakes

psychopa-ncakes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
Huh, good question. I also kinda wanna know now lol.
I doubt the translations by Tokyopop or JManga can be rehosted
but if [out of business] implies they don't hold the rights/anything to it anymore, I'd still be paranoid about hosting it since it has a name to it.

Imo, I'd hope they host them esp. if it's an unofficial/fan translation.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

The answer you seek is located under General Hosting Guidelines and Policies...

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/18201-general-hosting-guidelines-and-policies/

63d9566715.jpg

and it's basically that (for all intents and purposes) Batoto only allows fan scanaltions, no "commercial" type works. So no, no ripped official English language publications, none of what was published by JManga, none of the CrunchyRoll stuff......matters not if they've gone out of business/defunct/whatever.

Tn7HA0h.png

Nezperdian

Nezperdian

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Well, first it depends of the laws of where the server (of batoto) is located, and then the rules of the site itself. So I'm curious how the law applies to those cases of material from bankrupted companies.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

I don't understand, I just wrote a wall of text and it's all gone.

Okay, trying again:

Basically, Batoto only allows Scanlation work  & only those publisher that approved us hosting their work here at batoto.

So if you want to upload the offical eng scan of anything , you must still seek permission from the company for Batoto to 

accept those official scans. Which in 99.9% cases will be an No. x'D

Even if an company runs out of business, they still have copyrights and terms of agreement stuff...

just like how we still go by the scanlation delay even if that scanlation isnt active.

If any group can get their hand on the raws and do an scanlation work on it, then we will accept it. It means that

translation and editing cant be same as the official ones.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.