Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

bbcodes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
pretty self explanatory, however is not mandatory.

if somebody could help a fellow potato out with a link,
that would be much obliged.
In time's of elimination
We've got nothing to lose
Please repeat the message
It's the music that we choose

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

if you're having trouble getting a link to become clickable either use the chain icon below the "size" dropdown (for fancy editing you can select/highlight some text first) or just paste a full url (including the http part) into the text.

• Nyu likes this

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts

i know the most basic codes, as in spoiler tags and url's, however this is a constant issue for me. recently i dropped a song into the music thread, and as i am checking out all the neatly organized spoiler tags i noticed that it displays a video. my post, however, only displays a link which i would like to avoid.

im asking two things, could someone tell me why a link is present rather than the video, and lastly i would appreciate it if someone could drop me a link for all the bbcodes available to batoto so i can bookmark it for later.

much obliged, fellow potato ✌

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 31 October 2017 - 07:30 AM.
threads merged

In time's of elimination

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

could someone tell me why a link is present rather than the video

Because you need to embed it first (same with images). There was an auto-embed for this (like with urls) a few years back but it was annoying so it's gone now.

a link for all the bbcodes available to batoto so i can bookmark it for later.

aQ0h4pu.png
here^

You should take a closer look at the two not-crossed-out buttons in the upper left corner. The left one switches between the semi-wysiwyg default view and the bbcode view (hint: you can quote posts with fancy formatting you don't know and check them too that way), and the right one lists anything not represented with a button (like the [media] tag you're looking for).

In case of media embedding there's a list of working/accepted flash (and currently mp4 too if they updated their embed code) sites here (general rules, point 6).

If you use the "More Reply Options" post editor (at some point in the ancient past of teh internets fora it was the default posting option but it got replaced by the quick post one) you will get options to enable/disable emoticon auto-embedding and your signature in that particular post, an option to attach files (it may not show up in certain subfora and you have 1 MB total storage for your account so it pretty much says "don't use me" - better use free image/file hostings and link to them instead), and the most important "Preview Post" feature that will let you view how exactly your fancy post will turn out (some stuff, like spoilers, doesn't display end results in the wysiwyg editor). In case you get a captcha prompt from using this then you can blame cloudflare for thinking you're a spambot :<

• Nyu likes this

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
now that makes sense, i really do appreciate you taking the time to break it down to me, obviously im not much of a spammer (i average 10 post a year) but let me tell you, i feel like a total dumbass for missing that...unrelated issue, even though i am following the thread i never got an alert, this or the last time..
you know...the entire time ive been typing the codes out manually...

anywho, i believe the air has been cleared and i am most grateful.
by all means feel free to lock the thread.

Edited by Nyu, 31 October 2017 - 05:13 PM.

In time's of elimination

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

unrelated issue, even though i am following the thread i never got an alert, this or the last time..

do you have "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" in your notification options enabled?

• Nyu likes this

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
Your awesome, this is exactly what it was. I got it working properly now.

On a somber note I've concluded why I am having issues posting the videos, do you reckon using a mobile device, such as a galaxy 4, might have anything to do with it? I'm noticing from the screen shot you provided previously, I am missing a few features. A desktop is out of the option (and my budget) so I swapped to the mobile version, and still no dice.

Edited by Nyu, 01 November 2017 - 07:11 PM.

In time's of elimination