Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Inktober 2017

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Doing Inktober again this year with my cousin Oddeum !

We decided to use the same list of prompts from last year, to add an additional challenge of stretching ourselves creatively.

As always, if anyone wants to hang out, talk about inking, or show off your stuff than feel free.

I'll be posting each of my drawings here, and compiling them into this masterpost.

Prompt list:

Spoiler

Day 1: Mask

Spoiler

A bunch of monsters dressing up for a masquerade party by putting on human faces!

tumblr_lqx5fbcBGM1qif2tzo1_500.gif

Ahhhhhh潚

Ahhhhhh潚

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMinecraft

hey, that's pretty good.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 2: (Decay)

Spoiler

I regret my colour choices very much. I added like three washes to try and tone down the 'red' of the heart, and then just slapped brown over all of it instead.

hey, that's pretty good.

Thanks man! o/

Ahhhhhh潚

Ahhhhhh潚

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMinecraft

instead of blood it looks like liquid dirt think.pngeither way it's good to me my guy :)

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

instead of blood it looks like liquid dirt think.pngeither way it's good to me my guy :)

I was supposed to be like, 'rotting goo' but then it just looked gruesome AF like the poor guy had just been hit up by a drive-by.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 3: Bridge

Spoiler

I kinda want to draw more of this girl, lol. I love big pink hair.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 4: Alchemy

Spoiler

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 4: Cursed Royalty

Spoiler

This one's a sort of 'sequel' to last years 'cursed royalty'. The younger brother breaks the curse he was put under by his sibling, turning him back into a human.

Ahhhhhh潚

Ahhhhhh潚

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMinecraft

To me this is Van Gogh levels of art, good stuff.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 6: Amphibious

Spoiler

Why was the amphibious hero tired? 

Spoiler

Best joke I've ever written, tbh.

To me this is Van Gogh levels of art, good stuff.

Thanks man!

I'm actually embarrassingly lacking in my knowledge of the classic stuff, so I can't remember which one Van Gogh is, but I'll definitely take it as a compliment!

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 7: Enchanted Clothes

Spoiler

A mask that lets you live/breath on the moon. And also summons rabbit servants to take you there? idk

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Day 8: Spices
(it's shit + drawing from reference; wanted to do a blood-mage-penguin-on-a-bear from another reference for teh amphibians instead but then gave up and went back to this)
2 colours; mouse + paint xp because it has no brush antialiasing (yay) but only three undos (couldn't undo the mess that clouds turned out to be)

edit: actually just posting to say that van gogh lost an ear and used to draw himself (short red hair, beardy, looking like a starved dutch worker) and sunflowers but in the end forgot to say it .-.

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 08 October 2017 - 07:46 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 8: Spices

Spoiler

Do any of you know that during Black Plague Era, nutmeg was worth more than gold because people made them into talismans to ward off the plague?
And do you know that it actually sort of did?

AND do you know that sailors during that era found a 'nutmeg island' full of CROCODILES and CANNIBALS, and became super ridiculously rich?

It's basically the greatest story ever told.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
Day 9: Abandoned
Tried drawing something nonintuitive using weavesilk (i.e. disabled all the kewl symmetrical stuff you're supposed to use)
blue, green, gray, then gray->yellow (drag one colour onto another in the settings). suuupposed to be some desert/wasteland wanderer but it's open to interpretation .-.

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 09 October 2017 - 10:19 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Spoiler

I missed this day because of a black out. :U

Tried drawing something nonintuitive using weavesilk (i.e. disabled all the kewl symmetrical stuff you're supposed to use)
blue, green, gray, then gray->yellow (drag one colour onto another in the settings). suuupposed to be some desert/wasteland wanderer but it's open to interpretation .-.

I'm super into fractal art, so I tried messing around with this thing, and for some reason everything I try to draw just looks like pelvic bones, lol.

download_by_celesol-dbq519c.png

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I'm super into fractal art, so I tried messing around with this thing, and for some reason everything I try to draw just looks like pelvic bones, lol.

try making faster gestures and not crossing the lines too much. releasing the mouse button quickly or abrupt drawing direction changes will also make more pale lines and tree ring-like patterns.
Spoiler

https://imgur.com/pytFyKJ?tags
^in this one you can't really make anything that doesn't resemble nebulas so it should be pelvis-free. has lots of settings but no undo that I know of (so hard to remember effects of mixing sliders and easy to ruin teh image). mostly reliant on the settings and cursor movement matters little. setting maxage too big will take it forever for the lines to finish drawing, but changing sliders works in real time on anything still being drawn/generated. using "clear" only clears the background and any ongoing drawings are not stopped.
 I have no ideas for the current topic that wouldn't be time-consuming :​(

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 10 October 2017 - 07:15 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

try making faster gestures and not crossing the lines too much. releasing the mouse button quickly or abrupt drawing direction changes will also make more pale lines and tree ring-like patterns.

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/pytFyKJ?tags
^in this one you can't really make anything that doesn't resemble nebulas so it should be pelvis-free. has lots of settings but no undo that I know of (so hard to remember effects of mixing sliders and easy to ruin teh image). mostly reliant on the settings and cursor movement matters little. setting maxage too big will take it forever for the lines to finish drawing, but changing sliders works in real time on anything still being drawn/generated. using "clear" only clears the background and any ongoing drawings are not stopped.
 I have no ideas for the current topic that wouldn't be time-consuming :​(

Ahaha, I realize my problem was I couldn't find the control panel, oops.

I was looking for a gear symbol like every other site uses and now I feel like a idiot, lol.

Day 10: Underwater

Spoiler

This is my favorite picture so far. Very pleased!

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

found a new toy after all o:
no idea about anatomical and botanical correctness e.e

d / f = smaller / bigger brush
alt + click = eyedropper tool
circles and grid are locked to certain invisible points and generated around them (no free-placing; brush position in relation to these points affects how they are generated).
switching a tool to a different one clears "connections" memory and you can then switch back to the same tool if you don't want any links generated between the two lines you're drawing next to each other.

no undo it seems but you can eyedrop the background colour and try to paint something over with the squares brush (most brushes have shading that makes the end colour different)

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

found a new toy after all o:
no idea about anatomical and botanical correctness e.e

d / f = smaller / bigger brush
alt + click = eyedropper tool
circles and grid are locked to certain invisible points and generated around them (no free-placing; brush position in relation to these points affects how they are generated).
switching a tool to a different one clears "connections" memory and you can then switch back to the same tool if you don't want any links generated between the two lines you're drawing next to each other.

no undo it seems but you can eyedrop the background colour and try to paint something over with the squares brush (most brushes have shading that makes the end colour different)

Love this! Jellyfish are fuckin magical, man.

exorcist_florist_shop___lo_rez_by_celeso

Had the idea of 'cactus ghost' for sometime now, and here's the story to justify it:

A guy who people perceive as an 'exorcist' who can free people of their ghost problems - in reality, he just traps the ghosts into plants, where the energy of their soul helps feed and nourish the plants. 

Didn't have much time today, so went for something more simple. Not sure if the picture is actually clear.

I like the story more then the result, haha.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 12: Fungus

Spoiler

Creepy fungus fairy who consumes animals from the inside out with her mushrooms.

Another super quick one b/c I had less time.