Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Cannot Add New Translated Chapter! Always Error!

Best Answer OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 29 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

"[/size]An unknown URL format was given and could not be processed. Please make sure you are attaching a .zip or .rar file in http(s) or ftp." [/size]

'Unknown URL format specified' error.

you're doing something wrong, the url you get from copying the link has to end with .zip or .rar

for example:
  • first you add the file to upload (no registration or email-giving necessary)
  • after the upload is finished, you end up here
  • then you right click on this button to get the context menu with "copy link location" (or possibly something similarly worded depending on the browser you use): QgqgaBG.png
Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

GAZ ADMIN

GAZ ADMIN

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Everytime it finished uploading, it says that an error occurred. Error 524. Already tried the lite upload but still the same result. My rar is not password-protected! HELP!

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

Which series and link to your file would have helped , its not like it can be one cause only.

Spoiler

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have the same problem with me as of this moment:

Case: Uploading chapter 95 to Maken-Ki! using direct upload. (In case this matters, file name is: Maken-Ki!_v019_c095_[Aoitenshi].zip 10.5 MB)

Result: Uploads up to 100%, then returns an HTTP error 524.

I tried several times, which include:

- Using Firefox, flash upload

- Using Firefox, lite upload

- Using Chrome, flash upload

- Using Chrome, lite upload

Featured Projects:

- Lady Ayane is a Sanova B**chi

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Buy Me a Coffee [link here]
Become a Patron! [link here]
Send some bitcoin (too expensive) satoshi? 1KjFCmpFiXDBLL6RwKJGkDhaQwe9JMx6nf

The Watchful Gent

The Watchful Gent

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

Sorry for hijacking this thread x2

The same happened with me while uploading Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo and Q.E.D. While I was able to upload the latter on IE after 3 tries, Kindaichi uploads are resolutely stuck at Error 524. I've also used Chrome, IE and Firefox and updated Flash twice.

GAZ ADMIN

GAZ ADMIN

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Which series and link to your file would have helped , its not like it can be one cause only.

Ok, ok. Its Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou. I want to translate in Malay. Here is the rar files

https://openload.co/f/IE9HdAdsiPI/Vol.1.Ch.1.Budak.Lelaki.Sekolah.Menengah.Dan.Skirt.rar

Edited by GAZ ADMIN, 28 September 2017 - 01:54 PM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/27840-error-524-when-uploading-a-chapter/

tried the lite upload

have you tried with remote upload?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

The Watchful Gent

The Watchful Gent

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/27840-error-524-when-uploading-a-chapter/have you tried with remote upload?

Which website would you recommend for a remote upload?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Which website would you recommend for a remote upload?

from my recent search:

random testing - seems like you can "copy the address" of the blue download button @ sendspace.com and it works (i.e. there doesn't seem to be any session lock or captcha involved and the remote upload with said link went through). they say they delete files after 30 days of inactivity; couldn't find any 1-2 days temporary hosting

ignore it saying to buy premium account or register, upload using the free option, on the download page and right-click -> copy the link of the download button/bar, paste it in the remote upload field on the add chapter page

if someone knows a better place, feel free to suggest it (my filehosting interest nowadays mostly ends at up-for-a-few-days-top, no-registration stuff)

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

CircleSquid

CircleSquid

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

Same, I can't get an upload through via either of my browsers.

uou

uou

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

Hi I've been getting the "ERROR: HTTPError (524)" for about a week too. I've tried uploading on Firefox, Chrome and IE, tried direct upload, lite upload, enabling and disabling flash, redownloading flash player, uploading using a different computer, all without success.

Also, when I tried uploading via remote upload while using the aforementioned sendspace, I encountered this error: 
"
An unknown URL format was given and could not be processed. Please make sure you are attaching a .zip or .rar file in http(s) or ftp." 

The series in question is Yi Chui Wu Yue Tiao Man Ji, btw.

Please advise, thank you!

The Watchful Gent

The Watchful Gent

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

Same, I just tried the Sendspace remote upload, and it threw up an 'Unknown URL format specified' error.

Hopefully one of the mods can spot this, it's pretty worrisome.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
✓  Best Answer

"[/size]An unknown URL format was given and could not be processed. Please make sure you are attaching a .zip or .rar file in http(s) or ftp." [/size]

'Unknown URL format specified' error.

you're doing something wrong, the url you get from copying the link has to end with .zip or .rar

for example:
  • first you add the file to upload (no registration or email-giving necessary)
  • after the upload is finished, you end up here
  • then you right click on this button to get the context menu with "copy link location" (or possibly something similarly worded depending on the browser you use): QgqgaBG.png

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 29 September 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

• note the name of the zip/rar file at the end of the path

You're a hero.

Featured Projects:

- Lady Ayane is a Sanova B**chi

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Buy Me a Coffee [link here]
Become a Patron! [link here]
Send some bitcoin (too expensive) satoshi? 1KjFCmpFiXDBLL6RwKJGkDhaQwe9JMx6nf

uou

uou

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

Holy smokes.

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU @OMGWTFBBQPONIES for taking the time to do a step-by-step tutorial!!!
YOU'RE AN ANGEL!! <3 <3 <3 :batoto_022:

Yu Ominae

Yu Ominae

Fingerling Potato

• Balikatan Group Scans
  • 54 posts

Was told to check here.

My error is like this when I try to upload a manga that's not here on the site.

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Edited by Yu Ominae, 19 November 2017 - 01:00 PM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Was told to check here.

My error is like this when I try to upload a manga that's not here on the site.

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

uh... you and sea otter said that you can't upload chapters, and so I linked to threads explaining the issue and possible solutions to it so you would try doing them.

this thing you quote is a comic database error. 99.9% cases of it appearing is when you try to add a new comic entry but it already exists in the database (i.e. has the exact same name - if you're trying to add a different comic with the same title you should modify it a bit, like by adding the author to the title in parentheses).

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 19 November 2017 - 02:23 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Yu Ominae

Yu Ominae

Fingerling Potato

• Balikatan Group Scans
  • 54 posts

uh... you and sea otter said that you can't upload chapters, and so I linked to threads explaining the issue and possible solutions to it so you would try doing them.

this thing you quote is a comic database error. 99.9% cases of it appearing is when you try to add a new comic entry but it already exists in the database (i.e. has the exact same name - if you're trying to add a different comic with the same title you should modify it a bit, like by adding the author to the title in parentheses).

I'll try and upload it again after I find said manga.