Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

i cant upload chapters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Lxpizlx

Lxpizlx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Edited by Lxpizlx, 23 September 2017 - 11:05 AM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Um, can we get some more details? Does the upload page error out for you? If so what error do you get?

Does the upload page succeed, but then you can't access the chapters afterward? There can be two reasons for this:

1. The chapter has to be approved by staff if you aren't a contributor. The uploader and staff can access the chapter, but nobody else

2. The chapter you uploaded had a corrupt zip file, so the images couldn't be properly extracted.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

bit18986244

bit18986244

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

Hijacking this thread to report the same issue over the last day.

I'm unable to upload anything successfully, as I keep getting an Error 524 message after every attempt. Likewise on the Lite upload page.

I ultimately uploaded the .zip via a remote upload (through mediafire), but the chapter simply says "CDN SG" when you open it on bato.

Which is strange, as the staff supposedly uploaded these files themselves, so there shouldn't be an issue.

You can view the chapter in question here: https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/torajima-no-mi-me-r22324

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I ultimately uploaded the .zip via a remote upload (through mediafire), but the chapter simply says "CDN SG" when you open it on bato.

To my knowledge mediafire doesn't offer direct download links so it won't work with the remote upload -> nothing gets actually uploaded and it just generates an empty entry in the database

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

bit18986244

bit18986244

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

To my knowledge mediafire doesn't offer direct download links so it won't work with the remote upload -> nothing gets actually uploaded and it just generates an empty entry in the database

That explains a lot. Which site is recommended for remote UL to bato?

Edited by bit18986244, 25 September 2017 - 04:09 PM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

That explains a lot. Which site is recommended for remote UL to bato?

Well, I hardly ever upload anything and there's enough roation in file hosting sites that I don't really know .-. plus the bigger free ones that survive seem to hide behind captchas, ad pages, scripts, premium accounts and the like nowadays.

random testing - seems like you can "copy the address" of the blue download button @ sendspace.com and it works (i.e. there doesn't seem to be any session lock or captcha involved and the remote upload with said link went through). they say they delete files after 30 days of inactivity; couldn't find any 1-2 days temporary hosting

Edited by OMGWTFBBQPONIES, 25 September 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |