Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Team Fortress 2

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Emalkave

Emalkave

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLondon
I have searched for a TF2 thread here in the 5 or so pages and there isn't a Team Fortress 2 thread. So I'll start it off.

What is Team Fortress 2?
Team Fortress 2 is focused around two opposing teams competing for a principal objective. These teams, Reliable Excavation &amp; Demolition (RED) and Builders League United (BLU), are meant to represent two holding corporations that between them secretly control every government on the planet Players can choose to play as one of nine classes in these teams, each with his own unique strengths and weaknesses. Although the abilities of a number of classes have changed from earlier Team Fortress incarnations, the basic elements of each class have remained] The game was released with six official maps, although 25 extra maps, 9 arena maps, and four training maps have been included in subsequent updates. In addition, a number of community assembled maps have been released. When players join a level for the first time, an introductory video shows how to complete its objectives. <- Taken from TF2 Wiki.

More information can be found here: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page and the main website here: http://teamfortress.com/

If you do play TF2, what class do you usually play? What do you think about it going from a paid game to a free game with a cash shop that is entirely for cosmetic items? Or just general TF2 thread.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well I played TF2 when it came out till it became free. I didn´t stop playing it because it became free, its just I played it so much that I can´t see it anymore^^
I loved to play the medic and the Scout.
I think that it became free to play is a very good idea, I mean with time there will be less people willing to buy it so to switch to free to play and open an item shop was a very good idea.
I am still waiting for "meet the pyro" xD

but what do you think about it Emalkava?

Edited by hero, 02 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.

Emalkave

Emalkave

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLondon
I mostly play as a soldier or spy, two of them have a total of at least 300 hours played. I agree with you that TF2 needs new influx of players and thus the company decided to go free to play to get a bigger audience. The item shop for me is both good and bad, good because it gets more people to come join and bad because I get a lot of random trades and generally most people spam "Trading X here for X" which is too much.

Also, I can't seem to find any decent pub servers here in the UK and the majority of them have premium, bots or just new players coming to grips with the game. And I too, am waiting for meet the pyro :)

Raika

Raika

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLook I'm right behind you! JK~
I love to play spy with your eternal reward, i just love to troll ppl. Beside spy, I play demoman, love putting traps. I mostly troll other players by doing things that would piss them off.

0538eac231a9237c46d026939ba7d82d.giftumblr_mauva6OqqX1qbuna9o1_400_zps7278aa

Spoiler

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
I've played lots of spy and pyro. I love pyro. I'll always love pyro. It's the one thing that can always make me smile :).
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
I usually play as a Spy, and I troll a lot. I absolutely love getting that 10 man stab-trains in Coldfront.

I also play as Sniper. I thoroughly enjoy counter sniping.

I also use Scout. While not the best scout, I tend to do OK.

2z50p6t.png

freekidd

freekidd

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLondon
when on surf maps I tend to go scout. the double jump and speed is well satisfying(?)

in general i use engineer (level 3 sentrys are the way forward!) and pyro..gotta love em :P

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
I usually sit in DeGroot Keep servers, practicing my backstabs. Just kidding, the spy-cicle is too addicting.

Olmond

Olmond

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts
I mostly play Pyro, Heavy and Medic, though I guess I don't play TF2 too much anymore.

Kojiro_S

Kojiro_S

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLa Cruz, Chile
I'm better at assisting than attacking, so I often play either Medic or Engineer.
When I play with a friend, we switch to battle medic mode and go chop meat with an ubersaw-assisted chain uber that may last for quite a while, especially when there are a few Heavies lolling around.

iRPj8ii.gif
Let's kick some shell

Zap

Zap

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
I need a Medic over here :o
*Thus I show us*
I play medic 90% of the time.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
i started today
it looks good
i will play with my pals ;)
they know who they are ^_^

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Seed

Seed

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
I sort of suck at it, but ill play from time to time. I love playing as Engineer/Demoman, and sometimes medic. I suck at Spy and Sniper, and sometimes get a few lucky kills with the other classes. But yeah, only good at Engineer.. xD. Love taking out Spys with a wrench.

Die you impractical heathens!

And have yall seen the "meet the.." episodes? So epic. Especially the Medic and Spy one.

Kojiro_S

Kojiro_S

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLa Cruz, Chile
Talk about the Meet episodes... do you believe in maaagic? ROFL pyro confirmed for magical girl.

I friggin' LOVE the new rainblower's taunt, btw!

Edited by Kojiro_S the Landsknecht, 16 July 2012 - 11:17 PM.

iRPj8ii.gif
Let's kick some shell

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~

Bumping this threadddd, for If anyone is there to play togetherrrrrrr :)

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

you can add me on steam, nigsilog. I'm a pretty pro scout

Paranox

Paranox

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 63 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed :}

I like tf2! It's a good game. I play with my bro all the time hahah

I'm good with sniping and healing so....Sniper and Medic are meant for me. I also like playing Scout and Engineer in MVM...........man I just love fish-slapping those robots ._.

Posted Image

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Haha, I just reinstalled TF2. I like playing as sniper, but I'll use anything to get the job done :D

We should make a Batoto TF2 team. XD

lilcrybaby

lilcrybaby

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts
  • Locationbieng the breeze that tenderly lifts a young womans skirt up

yeah, im up for making a batoto team, heres my nick for starters.

LadrenperrAs

lets beat the potato out of everyone there ..... hahahahaha

⌊KuroiInazuma⌋

⌊KuroiInazuma⌋

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSummit of Interest

I play amby spy. I get off on seeing that -102 damage. 

tumblr_mygyl9DLOD1r501n2o2_500.gif