Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Manhua vs Novel (with link to the novel)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TheJoanne

TheJoanne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
The promised link: http://www.princerevolution.org/halfprince-main/ (I can only link to the main page due to their rules, but I love this site and their work, so need to spread the word about them the way they want it spread)

Personally, I'm enjoying the manhua. It's nice to have a visual that you can use to follow the story.

BUT: the novel is better. More detail, funnier, and you get a lot more insight into the characters (like I can't even remember if in the manhua it is discovered that Gui was originally just pretending to be gay.) Additionally, you get to imagine how hot the people are. The manhua, being good, just doesn't quite live up to how hot Prince is in my mind. No-one would, but that is beside the point. Imagination is why we read, right?

I'd be interested in others' opinions on this.

Jo

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
well, per default the novel is usually better in my opinion. But not everyone has the patience and time to read the novel an even if they do the manhua is still a nice read :P and damn how could I not have noticed it was a manhua not manwha :/

and yes indeed the fact that Gui wasn't gay is mentioned in both versions... poor guy I kinda feel for him as fellow man....
Posted Image
Spoiler

Aiuca's Idiosyncrasy

Aiuca's Idiosyncrasy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between my mind and reality
thanks for the link for the novel version, i think ill be reading it in the near future, the manhua was interesting and funny but i found it a bit lacking, i feel they skipped a lot of minor details which would have made it a more enjoyable read, again my thanks for the link
Posted Image
ART BY: artsed.deviantart.com

"do not assume to know the answer before you know the full details of the problem~"
"I dont know why, but it just irritates me everytime I see people demanding for faster releases~"

Yeo Ling Xuan

Yeo Ling Xuan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
8D the novel was wayyyyyyyy better than the manga ^^ laughing non-stop here....
(note : i still like manga though ;d )

darkambrosia

darkambrosia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I personally really liked both versions for different reasons. For example, the novel might have more details, like with what each character was actually thinking. But the novel also had a writing style that just seemed like it would be better seen than written, like what the author would write out "three black lines down their face" or "sweatdrop" .. visuals that show emtions in comics and anime, but when written almost seem silly... but thats just my thoughts.

I love that website though and recomend everyone check it out, and if you like it, tell them! They do so much for free so they deserve some praise!

sibkid

sibkid

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
First, I think the novel was much better than the novel. The manhua (especially in the beginning) simply skipped too many important and/or hilarious details from the book, like, most of the first chapter.

Second, if you like the manhua, you'll love the novel. 9 times out of 10. and only in providing that the 10nth is semi-illiterate.

taunt

taunt

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I enjoy both. I do agree that the novel has more detail and imagination is required for imagery. (One of the reasons I will always pick a book over a movie.) That said I would have never known 1/2 Prince existed if it hadn't been for the manhua. I also enjoy the imagery of the manhua. Even though it's not really the image I would imagine for Prince had I only read the novel, it's still great to have it. I think Prince is more 'cute-ish' in the manhua than I would expect from the description in the novel. There was a lot more humor in the novel due to the greater understanding of what was occurring in the background of the character's minds. 
I'm not sure why I'm weighing in since I think there are pros to having both. Though if I had to pick just one, I'd probably pick the novels though, because I can read through it quicker [Less loading time]

Edited by taunt, 31 December 2016 - 05:41 AM.