Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Regarding CH7 Fatal migration-Speculation about the ending.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Do you suppose she changed her mind and decided to stay with him? It only makes sense for them to.  He could follow her since her career path has more promise where as he seems to have given up on his. There was no need for them to give it up. 

And the fish analogy cuts both ways. Their relationship could be a doomed path, but it could be worth trying. Unlike the fish, they have very little to lose by trying.

And I just don't see her beaming like that just because she came to some resolution within herself, especially with her breaking down about it the night before.

I thought it was interesting, seeing the character from chapter 1 come back in 7.

Edited by truepurple, 22 August 2017 - 07:44 AM.

Psi

Psi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

And I just don't see her beaming like that just because she came to some resolution within herself, especially with her breaking down about it the night before.

I just thought I should point out that the part where she breaks into tears happens on the same day the chapter ends. She arrives home in the evening after that final day of school.

...Unless there's some strange progression I don't quite get. =S

Anyway, more on topic:
I don't see any reason for her to suddenly change her mind about splitting up with him, and I don't think such a sudden reversal would be in line with the themes of the manga as a whole.
I'd say there is a cyclical theme to the stories, and hers is about the stage of renewal & new beginnings. Additionally, whatever it is the characters do, they seem to do it steadily and firmly, whether it's being stuck in a rut, digging their hole deeper, or progressing onwards with their lives.

With that in mind, I see it as her looking forward to uni as a new stage in her life (e.g. get a proper boyfriend or whatnot; see the things she wants to see now) now that her relationship with the teacher has ended... or at the very least, she's putting on a brave face and is attempting to move on.
I can't see her getting back with him in the short-term, but in the long-term, who knows? (I still don't see such a reunion happening, but tbh, it's all a bit of a toss up once you go that far ahead)

Edited by Psi, 22 August 2017 - 05:54 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Not sure why I said the night before, I meant to say the the scene before/just before.

Well I agree there is a unchanging theme of unchanging within the stories so far.  Seeing that, dang, kinda hard to not notice now. And if it's always going to be like that, kinda annoying.

Why can't you see her changing her mind in the short run?

Psi

Psi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

It's mainly due to what I perceive as the characters' "resolve" (or their "unchanging" nature as you so put it ;-). If she's decided to separate, I doubt she'd get back together any time soon.

But if it's specific details that interest you, then I'm afraid I have no such speculation to offer. =P

I can, however, offer speculation on the themes of the manga as a whole...

I wouldn't say that there's a "theme of unchanging" per se. I can't really explain this very well, but I feel that the theme is about a "life cycle". Not one that is tied to the span of one's life, but to one's ever changing situation or mentality. It could just be the title (migrations) railroading my perception of the manga, but I see it as somewhat of a metaphorical salmon run (or some other migratory life cycle), but where each individual correlates not to individual salmon, but to the species as a whole.

• People return to the "forest" when some aspect of their life is at an end, and they leave "reborn" to begin a new stage of their life, only to one day return to the "forest" and repeat the cycle once again.

...That's just my vague perception of what's going on, though. It obviously doesn't correlate exactly with the stories, as some don't even feature any sort of "forest", but I have noticed that "water" appears to be a co-motif, such that all stories have either a "forest" or "water" motif if not both.