Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Yeah, so, current recipe . . . um, chapter . . . discussion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
One of the cool things about Addicted to Curry is the recipes. I've only tried one but it was really good. I should really try a couple more.

Well, it took ages for the main pair to acknowledge some kind of feelings for each other. Where usually the problem is that one of the two is dense while the other is shy, or sometimes they're both shy and gutless, in this case it seems both of them were dense--for like eighty chapters.
So now they've kind of agreed that they're into each other, probably . . . and it's still going way slow. But you know, there's still lots of good curry and decent humour and little life lessons and stuff, which is what always kept this thing going. So what the heck, Addicted to Curry is what it is.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
My friend owns 36 volumes of Addicted to Curry in Japanese so we're way behind with the storyline with English translations. I've liked what I've read so far, but I heard it's really good when you go through the whole series.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

LittleMelon18

LittleMelon18

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 266 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
You should tell your friend to scan the volumes and donate it to the group currently scanlating Addicted To Curry right now.

Love the series. I wish I could try the recipes out.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
There's no way he could find the time to do that.....haha he does a lot of sports.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
36 volumes?! The author must eat, drink and breathe curry just to have gotten his hands on 36 volumes worth of recipes.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
A culinary expert aids the author in writing his manga so it's not that surprising. Has anyone tried on of the recipes? I tried the curry ramen introduced near the beginning and it was a disaster for me, not that I'm that good at cooking in the first place. <.<

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
I tried the leek curry one time. My advice: Use much more leeks than the recipe calls for, and be very careful not to fry the cooked part too much because it cooks way down. For a "leek curry" it ended up being not very leek-ish at all. But! The curry itself was still really tasty, with a nice thick gravy and a lot of, I dunno, texture to the flavour. It called for a grated apple and I think that worked quite well both for the flavour and to add body to the sauce.
Chapter 91 has a Vindaloo recipe--pork vindaloo to be exact. Looks fairly simple, too. Might be worth trying. Actually, I can't believe they've had 91 chapters of curry recipes and this is the first vindaloo--I guess there really is a lot of curry in the world.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
WTF!!! i have seen some raws and...

WARNING: CONTENT MATURE, BIG SPOILER --- MAYBE IS A FAKE, RIGHT NOW IS IN DISCUSSION.

Spoiler

dunno, i knew it was seinen and mature content, but this is too much to this manga

Edited by Neobosco, 25 February 2012 - 03:57 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well thanks for the spoilers -.- (not really, put some better warnings) but it is in weekly young jump......along with gantz and so forth. The content is approved for that manga.

Edited by Saphsin, 15 February 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
OK, call me suspicious, but that "spoiler" sounds unlikely to me. Doesn't fit the tone of the manga. I'm betting this is a troll.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

OK, call me suspicious, but that "spoiler" sounds unlikely to me. Doesn't fit the tone of the manga. I'm betting this is a troll.

c'mon man, dont be so suspicious, im not a troll. maybe is fake, when i read was pretty sure but now there's some doubts

u can see the pics here:

WARNING: BIG SPOILER, CONTENT MATURE

u can read comments about this on mangaupdates.com:

this doesnt fit with the tone of the manga? i agree,i hope this wont be true

Edited by Neobosco, 25 February 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Butter Doge

Butter Doge

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

c'mon man, dont be so suspicious, im not a troll. maybe is fake, when i read was pretty sure but now there's some doubts

this doesnt fit with the tone of the manga? i agree,i hope this wont be true

It is fake. Check the more recent comments on mangaupdates.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Well, having looked at the links and read the comments on mangaupdates, I'm going with fake. All tone and plot and publishability reasons aside, the composition looks weird. The bits with Makito don't seem to fit the rest of the page they're on. It looks like someone took a manga with a rape scene and photoshopped on a couple of frames of Makito without taking time to get the size/positioning right, which I'm thinking is exactly what it is. If it was real and someone wanted to be convincing, they would have shown pages where Makito finds her and is thus in the same frame together with the brutalized Rui.

Given the links, Neobosco I don't think you're a troll. But this is the internet/photoshop age, you need to be a bit more wary. Don't want to end up sending all your money to Nigeria, right?

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I think I read the manga that these images come from. It was a rejected girl getting revenge plot. Damned if I can remember the title.

gopackgo555

gopackgo555

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Locationoc
man i wish someone would tell us if the two main characters ever get together :'(

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Well, this last chapter almost seemed like an ending, but if there is 36 volumes and we're only on the 9th right now, I guess we are only 1/4 of the way through. (Note, just checked mangaupdates, and they said 46 volumes and ongoing in country of origin!) I guess Papa's return and Makoto's departure to Osaka was NOT a denouement.

I always loved curry, and had made dishes with curry powder and curry sauce in them, but could never get the kind of taste I had at The Bengal Lancer in Malibu or the restaurants in San Francisco's Japanese Trade Center. After reading this manga, I searched the web for some recipes, and kind of combined them into an easier way to put it together, and then bought a couple of curry cookbooks from Amazon. I couldn't find a Japanese curry cookbook, but I have had a blast making different curries with a base of pureed, sauteed onions, pureed tomato, pureed anaheim peppers, different meat,vegetables and so on. I am currently using an Indian curry powder from the 99 Ranch Market (a fantastic oriental foods store), as it is about 1/5 the price of the ones in supermarkets, and tastes better. Next, I want to start mixing my own curry powders from turmeric, cumin, fresh ginger, and all the other stuff that goes in it. It's funny, but when you make curry yourself and experiment around, you like it even more

Like the title, I have become addicted to curry. It's like my Dad's friend from Japan told him about 50 years ago, "Don't let your kids eat sushi/sashimi, or they'll be bugging you for it all the time." I'm that way with sushi (especially mackerel), and I'm that way with curry now. Maybe I should intern at a sushi house, so I can make it myself, like I do with the curry. Anyhow, I have a ton of experimenting left to do with curry, and I still have to try most of the recipes in the manga.

Long Live Curry!

Edited by Comadrin, 16 August 2012 - 10:15 AM.

leyend

leyend

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
I really want more chapters xD.......this manga is good o_o!!!!!!!

my question: why if it has so many chapters........there is no anime?.....because I've seen baaaaaad mangas getting an adaptation and they don't even have enough chapters -.-

-I'm The Pure Red-

Samoak

Samoak

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I just felt like adding that there are over 500 chapters...This guy must really have a lot of curry recipes...

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Well, the new arc starts in Osaka, with our perverted mc still looking for his father. I do hope that Rui isn't out of the story (although I could do without her father, the stupid jerk). I'm looking forward to seeing more of the forty-six or so volumes showing up.

Dylmos

Dylmos

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

These are all real:
Pic 1 is from v28_p201(Kadena Hekiro kicks ass later), pics 2&3 are from v11_p196-197(Koyuki almost raped), pics 4&5 are from v12_p198-199(Makito molesting Mahiro while she is asleep and gets kneed in the groin next page), pic 6 is from v10_p088(Makito's Fantasy of Mahiro), pic 7 is from v44_p166&170(no rape, Makito saves her), pic 8 is from the inside cover of v38(vital stats for Fukushima Kyouko)

Edited by Dylmos, 01 July 2015 - 03:16 AM.