Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Do you ever Re-read Manga?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Do you "or" have you ever Re-read a Manga?

I tend to re-read manga that I really like (often). Though I don't finish it and then re-read it again. I usually wait about 1-3 months the start reading it over again. Each time I do it feels like the first time I've read it. All those emotions come back to me and I simply can't get enough of it. I get fully absorbed back into the stories, they'll make me laugh, sad, and ever cry again. For me re-reading a Manga helps my love for it grow and I tend to enjoy re-reading them again more than the first time and appreciate them more.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
I do. Most especially mangas that I find really attached with (e.g. rave master)
Reading it for multiple times made me understood more of it and appreciate it more.

The Roady

The Roady

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • LocationElder of Past Times
I like to reread Scott Pilgrim...... :D cant get it on batoto tho...

Edited by Neoruto Nacura, 30 November 2011 - 08:30 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

LittleMelon18

LittleMelon18

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 266 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
No, I don't. I have this weird thing that I can never re-read the same material more than once. Exceptions for things I need to read because something is at stake eg. a textbook because of grades etc.

Synchrostar

Synchrostar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
Sometimes when I have spare time or i really like it. usually just playing games tho =/

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I re-read all the time since I read tons of manga at the same time(multiple tab) and occasionally my browser crashes or something and I lose my tabs =/ + there was a period of time I stopped reading manga and when I came back to it I totally forgot where I left off so I tend to just re-read the whole thing.
I've re-read Record of Fallen Vampire completely about 7 times on purpose though, because the manga is just so awesome to me. As well as hayate's past arc and Tennousu Athena arc in Hayate the Combat Butler. Probably also read Aishiteruze Baby for about 3 times.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I re-read manga, but just those manga that I really liked but I dont read every sentence again, some times I just skip throw and read something that I liked in the chapter.

b-werx

b-werx

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 31 posts
I only re-read a manga if there is a new update on a long forgotten series to refresh my mind.

rockiNangeL

rockiNangeL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationN/A
Yes only my favourites ^^

tumblr_nllawmmmfo1qdpo2no1_500.gif

yumeshi

yumeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMy subconscious
I have too many mangas actually reading, so sometimes one takes a lot of months or even one or a few years to get a new chapter then i re-read them to remember the plot. But apart from that, just some exceptions when i dont have anything to read.
Posted Image
He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
Yeah, I do reread often. I've read Battle Angel Alita about 15 times and all of my top 10 at least 5 times.
heck, I've even read Hajime no Ippo twice

Posted Image

Sun-Ken RockGunnmMemories of Enamon

Spoiler

Lukis

Lukis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLatvia
Only one's I have re-read is Berserk and Vagabond,Shamo,maybe will re-read Sun-ken Rock when it will be over

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
There are about 6 or 7 series or so that I've reread; if I recall a scene that I enjoyed from a manga, I often go back to read a chapter or two from that. I don't know but I usually find that the flavor runs out if I reread a manga though so it's not something I do too often... But I also find that I'm sometimes fine with reading the light novel or watching the anime version of that series.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

freekidd

freekidd

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLondon
I only re read when I havnt read one for long and it has finally updated and I have no clue whats going on.....and for personal favourites...only if I havnt read it for like over a year

EdHuCast

EdHuCast

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCali
I rarely reread comics, but there are a few that I have, One Piece, Angel Densetsu, and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer(Hoshi no Samidare). Which happen to be my top 3 favorite comics.

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts
Cant say i do ,though i would watch the anime adaptation of them but since most of my favorite manga are long like one piece or are r get popular enough to become anime i just end up watching those
Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)

bumblebee310

bumblebee310

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
Yep. Especially, those that I really like.. Or a good series that went on hiatus and came back again (HxH, Liar Game).

---------- In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. ----------

Nick

Nick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
Yes. I tend to reread manga as well. Of course, only those I like; or maybe when I forget what the premise of the manga is about.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
i reread a manga or novel every day :/ unless it's a long one then I use multiple days rereading it :lol:
Posted Image
Spoiler

Finlay

Finlay

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCroatia
I reread well a lot of my faw manga . Like berserk , Sun-Ken Rock ( read it like five times already) ,Umi no misaki , Bleach , The breaker . Well I just finished rereading Nurariyahon no mago yesterday . :)