Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Dr. Stone released chapters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Japanese culture and translation differences really showing in ch17 "Somehow I have completely fallen for you." really not a platonic way to take that in english. I suppose it could be like idle worship "fallen".

And LOL her getting upset at being called a Lioness. Cats are often viewed as feminine in many western cultures (actually kind of lone creatures, thus masculine? or whatever nonsense)  To be offended at being called a lioness is a strange concept, if she was western, odds are she would be complimented by that. Even being offended at being called a gorilla is kinda strange, and its somewhat common in mangas, "how dare you call me strong", really? Is Japanese feminine ideals that apposed to strength? Also, she's suppose to be one or more generations removed from anything like Japanese culture, and lives in a tribe that survives by strength, so especially strange to take strength as a insult with her.

Edited by truepurple, 30 June 2017 - 12:34 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Ch 21 page 11 https://vatoto.com/reader#5af68827e9d7acb4_11What's this mean? I can't make heads or tails what's being talked about here with immaturity and stuff.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Fake bloods not so easy to make in a world without modern conveniences. And damn the stupid advertisement/plug. Cola is the worst drink ever anyway.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

She won the contest, she should just become chief then according to their own rules and skip having her sister married  off randomly like that. I mean the whole point is to determine the strongest person in the village to become chief, and she's clearly the strongest so... And if they are concerned about someone taking care of her, well if her sister is the strongest in the village as well as chief, that won't be a issue. If they are concerned about bloodline, well the priestess girl is already dying, not exactly good conditions to leave a child, and her sister is of the same bloodline.

It doesn't make sense for this primitive village to have devolved back into a completely sexist patriarchal society so much. I mean even in japan, ideas of equality have penetrated, surely that wouldn't have gone away completely. Especially when you got girls naturally becoming so strong, and surely it wouldn't go from zero to her strength in a single generation.

Yet somehow the idea of gorilla as a insult for a strong girl survived, even in a culture where strength is supposedly everything and would theoretically never be insulted or thought of as a negative. so inconsistent.

Edited by truepurple, 15 September 2017 - 09:36 PM.