Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Rescan of a manhua?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

akumi

akumi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

If a scan that has already been uploaded to batoto has incorrect grammar (text hard understand because of flow at times) and has multiple bits of untranslated text that may be missing and lastly has not been updated for ten months, would it be possible for someone to rescan it to a higher quality and replace the previously scanned chapters?
I'm not sure if this kind of question has been answered already but I couldn't find it in the forums so I decided to ask here. Thank you^^

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 25 June 2017 - 02:20 PM.
moved from QA

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

are you asking if it's fine to translate again some comic another group did, or if you can borrow their translation?

if you use own raws + own translation, then it's 100% fine (hundreds of projects with multiple groups doing them in scanlation history). if you're using parts from an existing scanlation, you should try contacting the group (or the person directly responsible for the part, like the translator) first and asking them if they're ok with it (likely will be), plus include them in your credits somehow

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

would it be possible for someone to rescan it to a higher quality and replace the previously scanned chapters?

Just so we're all clear on this (and yes, I've seen exactly this come up here before and there be all sorts of hard feelings over it) while Batoto allows for multiple versions of the same work, yours will not replace the one already here.....it stays too.

Tn7HA0h.png