Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

FAQ Cookie Revolution Scans (stamps etc.)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Akilovescookies

Akilovescookies

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts

Hey guys,

Unfortunately it seems like this has turned into an ever-lasting discussion. As the comment section is not the place to have it, I made this thread to answer some of your questions.

1) Why the obnoxious stamps (leaves, memes, animals etc) in the background in addition to the group stamp?

Spoiler

2) Why are the obnoxious stamps on bato.to and the forum version as well? I thought coming here would enable me to read them without those!

Spoiler

3) I hate stamps! I won't read this!

Spoiler

4) Why should I buy the manga if it's not available in my own language or one I understand (i.e. Japanese or Chinese)?

Spoiler

5) I can't spend all that money on buying all the books of the series!

Spoiler

6) I've got an idea on how you could forego the obnoxious stamps!

Spoiler

7) How can I contact CRS?

Spoiler

8) (Not a question but a statement :P ) We give out obnoxious stamp free versions of our releases to those of you that can prove they bought the Japanese original.

Spoiler

9) I've got another question about this scanlation!

Spoiler

hateshinai

hateshinai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsouth of France

ye<insert stamp because that's my great work>ah, good job with the st<insert stamp because that's my great work>amp, way to spoil the re<insert stamp because that's my great work>ad. thank you so mu<insert stamp because that's my great work>ch for this, now I ca<insert stamp because that's my great work>n unfollow this.

(and just so you know, you actually saying you don't want to post this anymore would be a GOOD thing)

Edited by hateshinai, 12 June 2017 - 07:38 PM.

Akilovescookies

Akilovescookies

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts

ye<insert stamp because that's my great work>ah, good job with the st<insert stamp because that's my great work>amp, way to spoil the re<insert stamp because that's my great work>ad. thank you so mu<insert stamp because that's my great work>ch for this, now I ca<insert stamp because that's my great work>n unfollow this.

(and just so you know, you actually saying you don't want to post this anymore would be a GOOD thing)

Well, can't say anyone would miss an ungrateful leech with zero constructive energy. If you really liked this manga, you could buy it and get the not-watermarked version. But then again, you either can't be bothered that much by the stamps, don't like the manga enough to actually support Shimotsuki-sensei, or you're too self-involved to do so. Either way this is good riddance. There are enough people who value our work and we will continue to release the way we want to. If all that b*tching, which people like you do, would have any effect towards your desired outcome, do you seriously believe it wouldn't have yielded results by now? In fact, all the elementary-school-level insults and whatnot have quite the opposite effect on us. They show us how self-indulgent and arrogant a lot of readers have become and how it's only right that they should, once again, buy mangas again to realize the value of scanlation. Be careful not to choke on your hateful words in the future.  :batoto_024:

hateshinai

hateshinai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsouth of France

well, I have a job, I own an appartment and a car, so I can take your criticism and understand it, at least.

but, man, what a laugh. like this would make ANY difference. I want to read, I read. what I like, I buy. sometimes even in US version if it's not available in my country. if I can't read, I won't buy. so sorry, but your desired outcome is ... that I won't buy this because I didn't read it.

so keep up the good work ;). and if you feel the readers are so ungrateful, why don't you just quit and do something more rewarding, be it a job or a hobby ? (well, I'd be grateful if your scan were readables, but with the watermark, it's not)

are you some kind of evil last boss that lives by the hate it induces and receives ?

Akilovescookies

Akilovescookies

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts

You're actually contradicting yourself, so the laugh's on you. This manga is far beyond the first volume (with the previous chapters done by non-watermarking groups), so your "I don't know if I like it" is nothing but a sorry excuse. Also, the fact that you even answered, shows that you're still following our release or you wouldn't have seen the post. A+ for effort on hypocrisy.

If you cannot see through the watermark (which you apparently can do nevertheless), I recommend visiting an optician because you must be visually impaired.

Our releases work fine enough for other readers. Strangely enough, we even get praise for a project that another group, who doesn't use watermarks, has also started working on. And we even inspired purchases of said manga like that. Strange, indeed.

Our staff members belong to different age groups; we have both students and employees among us. One of the "hobbies" that connects us all is scanlation, as is the case for all unpaid scanlators. Contrary to your beliefs, scanlation is also rewarding for us. We're especially happy whenever we can inspire someone to support the mangakas we love. And we actually have quite some fun with the dumb "mimimi watermark mimimi" whining. Thank you for your "last boss" remark. That one was actually new and made me snicker, because, yes, we transform hate into giggles quite often.
PS: Since you "own an apartment and a car", now might be the time to follow up on capital letters at the beginning of a sentence. Try it, it will enrich your life and is such a worthy investment!

GrimeLongjohns

GrimeLongjohns

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

Firstly.. Thanks for the scanlation work. I also appreciate the watermark's existence, but I'd love to suggest maybe a lower opacity just for the text surrounding the cookie shape? So it would still be there, and the cookie would still remain in its size and opacity as its simple round shape doesn't quite affect legibility. The 'Cookie Revolution Scans' text has a pretty dark outline and 'wriggly?' shape, so toning down its opacity would ease up the reading flow a lot. 

Then again, it's just my cent. Please do as you seem fit. After all, we're the ones in benefit from your hard work. Thank you again!

Akilovescookies

Akilovescookies

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts

Firstly.. Thanks for the scanlation work. I also appreciate the watermark's existence, but I'd love to suggest maybe a lower opacity just for the text surrounding the cookie shape? So it would still be there, and the cookie would still remain in its size and opacity as its simple round shape doesn't quite affect legibility. The 'Cookie Revolution Scans' text has a pretty dark outline and 'wriggly?' shape, so toning down its opacity would ease up the reading flow a lot. 

Then again, it's just my cent. Please do as you seem fit. After all, we're the ones in benefit from your hard work. Thank you again!

Thank you for that suggestion. I'll forward it to Hisshou, who created our logo. I'll ask her if she can play around a bit with the settings and then we'll see if we can change it somehow. The difficulty always is that, if we lower the opacity too much, people will try to erase it entirely. Just take a look at social media pages.. People already do play around with levels, light and contrast in order to try and outdo the watermark. Obviously, we're not too thrilled about this because it's a direct effect of me actually lowering the opacity by a few percent before because I wanted to be nice. But instead of appreciating it, people are now actively kicking me in the shin for it with their attempts of making the watermark invisible or less visible. So yeah.. We'll have to see. Right now the lettering is the part they do have the most problems with trying to erase. But that's a plus from our standpoint...