Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LACK-OF-LOGIC: Tastes are registered in the brain, not in the body.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts
One's tastes aren't controlled by the body that eats them, but the mind/personality that eats them. So their tastes would be no different than if they were swapped or not. The brain processes taste, and the only thing the mouth does is send that food's signal to the brain.

Source: Biology Major

Edited by Töten, 05 June 2017 - 08:40 AM.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts

When you create the technology to swap two people's conciousness over and prove your theory get back to me.

Sauce: Chocolate is my favourite

Shikirei

Shikirei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location55.827118, 37.446834

So they literally "suck each other's brain out" each time, in order to swap!

Now it all makes sense >_<

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

You are correct, but the manga could still be correct in its depiction if we assume *only* their memories are swapped. I would say its a bit of a stretch to say that someone's personality affects their tastes, as that doesn't seem very scientific. At most, ones personality might affect what one would be willing to *try* eating, but shouldn't affect whether one finds it palatable or not. I can't say whether the smell thing would be true here, but if only their memories are swapped, the brain would be the same one that processed the taste as good/bad for the original person.

Xtreme90000

Xtreme90000

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
If thats the case then it should be possible to make a medcine that affects the mind/pensonality so people that would have an allergic reaction to that type they cannot eat, would be able to eat because it is not the body but the mind that people cannot eat peanut butter, shellfish, etc.

Sauce: Chocolate is also favorite, but I like Dark Chocolate more

mogu

mogu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
The author has commented that she imagines it feeling like when she was pregnant and had cravings for certain foods she didn't normally like which suddenly tasted delicious.

Nermie

Nermie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I'm gonna fix this whole thing right now.

Applying logic to a manga about cute girls being cute and yuri with each other. You're missing the point.

mogu

mogu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Also, since their brains aren't being physically switched, you can't really apply biology and brain processing to this.

You've just got to accept the underlying mechanisms as magic.