Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

VK is disappointing me

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Valéria

Valéria

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil
After some point, that I don't know exactly where, guess after we learned abour Yuuki being a vampire, Vampire Knight is walking a long way down. The characters have lost all their charisma and the plot is faaaaar away less interesting than it was when the series began.

Everyone is so different from the were at the beginning, Kaname who treasured Yuuki more than his life now disappears from her sight and threatened to kill Kaien... I thought there was a bit of loyalty, gratitude or whatever in him but doesn't it seem that he'll even get rid of Yuuki if she really faces him and says she's against this pure blood massacre? (btw, is he a villain, the hero, or he can't be labeled?)

Zero also loved Yuuki a lot and now, because he found out she's a pure blood all he wants is to stay away from fer, I mean, I don't give a damn for his hatred of vampires (you can, for example kill Sara with a single shoot and I'll thank you :D) but Yuuki is still Yuuki, the girl he grew up with, helped him so much when he lost his family and such. If he wants a reason to give up on her, say it's because it's really annoying how she'll ever follow Kaname no matter where, when or what he does, cause this prejudice towards her is unreasonable and only get on the nerves

Then there's Ichijou, he should be the main follower of Kaname (he was the one who killed his own grandpa for Kaname, or am I wrong?) and now he's even helped Sara creat those blood pills from hell... I think he isn't two-timing Kaname (the hell, Valéria, what are they, lovers?), maybe it's something like 'keep your friends close and your enemies even closer' and that's my only hope for him

Sara is that freak with psycopath looks that I can't really tell what she's after...

For me the quality of the story, the plot, is going down and I'm really afraid that the manga's ending is as crap as the anime's '-'

Hope Hino-sensei does somewhat a revolution in the story's flow and makes that something great and really good happens from now on

Posted Image

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Yeah, i think like that too. I can't really understand what's happening and where this story heading to..

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Kaname seems to have an agenda of his own (which appears to me to be purposefully concealed for the sake of mystery/suspense) which should be explained as the story continues.
The author is trying to portray Zero to be in a dilemma due to his hatred for vampires and his love for Yuuki so his actions tend to be hovering from one end to another. + the fact that he's now a vampire yet also a vampire hunter as well. Well, basically it just means his situation is extremely confusing even to himself.
Ichijou - brainwashed by Sara's blood apparently.
Sara, like Kaname, has her own agenda.

I tried to decrease the confusion by explaining certain things covered in the manga (hopefully), but I do agree that things went downhill and became rather confusing after the end of the 1st arc where Yuuki is found to be a pure blood vampire and when Rido Kuran died. Still, the manga isn't exactly hopeless yet, I just hope the author actually had everything planned out well and knows how to explain all the inconsistencies thus far.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Freesia

Freesia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I pretty much completely lost track of the plot once Kaname went AWOL.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

I pretty much completely lost track of the plot once Kaname went AWOL.

hahaha me too... the character got mixed up as well... i dont know who's who on each side... it got mixed up pretty well for me... although.. disliking sarah still... the villain that you really tend to dislike..

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
VK has disappointed me ever since Yuuki awakened her vampire blood and her personality did a complete 180. Pre-vampire Yuuki was funny and strong in that she was determined and independent. Post-vampire Yuuki is none of that and she clings to Kaname like lint to electrostatic wool. Only in the more recent chapters has Yuuki started regrowing her spine, but frankly it's too little too late. My main man Zero deserves better.

I actually like Sara. She makes the plot more interesting, and I'd rather see more of her than Yuuki any day. Out of all the purebloods I've seen so far, Sara is by far the most sane, evident by the fact that she's actually trying to stay alive when Kaname is killing every pureblood remaining.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
same, it's rather chaotic if you ask me, it's to blended if you ask me

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

666Shinigami666

666Shinigami666

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Locationover your head
I was so dissapointed when it got out that they werent real siblings...
(dont get me wrong, I dont like incest. It just felt as the bond between them became weaker)

Sara should die, a bloody, disgraceful, ugly death (the same as her personality)
how could Zero drink her dirty blood! (such a cheater)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle
i stopped reading it when
Spoiler

yuki's character annoyed me and the plot just started to get messed up - couldn't see a good ending ahead :(

xStere0x

xStere0x

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
It's kinda sad to see the manga going nowhere. I do hope Matsuri-sensei would have something up her sleeve.

The one and only~

18779577.png

thebrokenpencil

thebrokenpencil

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I really liked VK in the beginning, but now... I don't see where the story is going anymore, it's feels like I'm walking around in a fog. I know the story supposed to be getting intense after all it's soon reaching its climax but for some reason it going more and more downhill... :( I agree ever since Yuuki "awakening" the series has been a mess.

naturalwinter

naturalwinter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTerca Lumireis
Zero is well...racist. The plot is going down the hill. This could have been good, but...it's all about the money. Hino Matsuri might not really have something good, but she also might. Knowing the fact that VK actually started kind of good at the beginning of the whole story.

Though all in all, I'm still reading this.

minikuken

minikuken

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Careful possible spoiler! (I don't know how to hide it...?)

I think Kaname's plan could be that he wants the "vampires vs hunter war" to have a balance: if there is no pureblood anymore, there is no possibility left of turning humans into vampires, and it leaves the mixed blood families against the hunters families, that have the same "reproduction rate".

And about Yuuki, I believe I read (although I don't know where) that Kaname wanted to sacrifice himself to make her human again, as did Juuri when Yuuki was five. So that he would offer her a new and safer life (if it's so, he could have asked her first! Remember that he doesn't want her to sacrifice herself as did the mysterious ancestor...)

I'm not sure I dislike the plot, but I'm sure waiting for an explanation about the sudden twist in the personality of Kaname! Could it be that he wants Yuuki to grow on her own? Even so, it doesn't fit the Kaname of the beginning of the story...

About Ichijou I could still understand that during the year he was held captive he was at first forced to drink Sara's blood, and became eventually her slave, because of the blood effect.

And I still have hopes for the story! Matsuri-sensei, you can do it!!

grandking3

grandking3

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
Vampire Knight is like the Twilight saga, A lot of pretty faces and unhealthy relationships to go around but no substance to keep you interested.

Devil's Ivy

Devil's Ivy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I agree with the person above me. What I like about VK is haha pretty faces and those smuts. Honestly it keeps me going on, the story was interesting but after yuuki awaken, I find it so hard to keep track of the events. I feel like it keeps going back and forth and back and forth.

Insania.Fox

Insania.Fox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
hm...the moment that girl choose the vampire dude instead of zero I was like" Hm...so it just like that" ---> drop

HiddenSky

HiddenSky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Yea, the plot went downhill once Kaname went haywire, as was mentioned. It's because Matsuri Hino is trying to keep an element of mystery by not revealing a crucial part of the plot, but as a result it ends up making everyone confused about what's actually happening. This strategy would work if there was only some clear angle to the story that readers could still follow along, but since there are too many mysteries it's been getting hard to follow. At least the art this chapter was better than some of the last ones.

zircone68

zircone68

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 9 posts
  • LocationItaly
At chapter 85 I think everything is much clearer... but I contue to hope for more scenes like the beginning of this manga... the story is so cold now =.=

Shiseina

Shiseina

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
Ehh... i did doesnt like it when she chasing after kaname ready!! but i plan to keep following and read till the end! even with the disappointed in the early past chapter before ch.85 & 86

Posted Image

Shamune

Shamune

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
The last page of chapter 88... it will be ending soon?