Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I don't know if some people haven't realized, but this is an exact copy of MTG

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

I don't know if some people haven't realized, but this is an exact copy of Magic the Gathering

IF THE DESCRIPTION WASN'T CLEAR... which is sad, mind you

Edited by Töten, 22 May 2017 - 11:40 PM.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

AFriskyJacket

AFriskyJacket

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Since when could you play spells face down in MTG?

minkulus

minkulus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I mean, the game itself isn't really the focus of the story.

Himawarisan

Himawarisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAsia

It actually does feel like a mix of different card games since I can see lots of MTG and Yugioh rules in the game, and besides Minkulus is right, the real story isn't about the game; it's just a tool meant to show the story and drama of Manaka and her past experiences by trying to win at a game she doesn't want to play anymore.

Deathhappens

Deathhappens

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

With 10 000 life points, soul crystals, offense/defense positions no indication of lands or card tapping, and facedown cards, hell no it ain't.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. Your end has come!"

valentz

valentz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

exact? no. Similar? sure.

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationCHILE, santiago

I don't know if some people haven't realized, but this is an exact copy of Magic the Gathering

IF THE DESCRIPTION WASN'T CLEAR... which is sad, mind you

did you even read the omake at the start of the series??

just something from the comment section

"as the omake in the first volume stated she was suddenly hit by the urge to start playing again, and had to pitch a new series to her editor anyway, so she scratched both itches at the same time.  It also mentions the matches are based on scenarios she cooked up with consulting friends who are better players than her."

Kurono

Kurono

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

I'm pretty sure everyone noticed, and that this was the author's purpose. The story doesn't revolve around the game like a shounen, so the author doesn't have to actually create a game from scratch, make up rules, keep everything balanced, introduce every single card so the reader learns everything as well... etc.

The game is just a tool to move the plot and you could exchange it with any other similar activity without changing the story much. But the author liked TCGs, so there's that.

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts
Exact copy? God no. Heavily influenced by? You bet. The author makes sure to point that out very early on in one of the omakes.

-God Ginrai

Edited by God Ginrai, 18 October 2017 - 09:14 PM.