Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Once you think about it, quirks are categorized just like devil fruits are.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Quirk

Transformation (But not limited to animals) = Zoan 

Emitter = Logia

Mutant = Paramecia

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

Moro

Moro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Well, Horikoshi Kouhei took a lot of inspiration from Oda and One Piece growing up, so I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of parallels between the two manga. 

Zilthuras

Zilthuras

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm not going to deny that there can be a link but with just that little information it looks a bit far fetched, just because it uses logic and is categorized in a trinity, likely the most common amount since 2 is too little and more starts being too much information.

Omoikane

Omoikane

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

No, emitters aren't logia, they're not made of the things they emit.

Like, Todoroki can emit fire and ice, he's not made out of fire and ice.

Darius Drake

Darius Drake

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Quirk

Transformation (But not limited to animals) = Zoan 

Emitter = Logia

Mutant = Paramecia

I'm going to have to disagree. Please note, the below is completely in my opinion, and not meant to be insulting.

Transformation Quirks are similar to Zoan, but Zoan have wider utility while Transformation Quirks have more options (aka, Zoan give three forms, minimum, while Transformation Quirks only give two. Alternatively, Zoan only gives animal type transformations, while any activated change to your body is a Transformation Quirk). Basically, the only similarity here is that they both change the body.

Emitter and Logia is a worse comparison. The main benefit of being a Logia is the ability to transform into your power's element. Being able to throw fire or lightening around is fine and all, but without that transformation into the element a Logia isn't a Logia, and instead is just a Paramecia.

Mutants and Paramecia is the worst a comparison. While, yes, there are Mutants with Paramecia-like powers, there's also Paramecia's with Emitter Quirk Powers and even Transformation Quirk Powers. Meanwhile, Mutant Quirks have people who's power is nothing more than having a tail, or are Frog-People, both of which wouldn't be a Devil Fruit Power in One Piece, and more likely be a Racial Variation (from what we've seen).

It has to do with how loosely One Piece actually organised it's Devil Fruits. Zoan are Animals Form Fruits, Logia are Elemental Form Fruits and Paramecia is ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT DOESN'T FIT INTO THOSE OTHER TWO CATEGORIES Fruits. Boku no Hero, however, has Mutant Quirks as those who's body has changed due to their Quirk Awakening, Transformation Quirks as those who can change their body in some way, and Emitter Quirks for those who's powers affect the world outside of their body. To abbreviate Quirk Variations, Mutant is a Permanent Change, Transformation is a Temporary Change, and Emitter is an External Use. Compare that to the trio of what Devil Fruits are at the top of this paragraph, and it's clear that they're fundamentally different.

So, yeah, I disagree.

Edited by Darius Drake, 13 December 2017 - 11:39 PM.