Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

After thoughts

Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Crystalstars

Crystalstars

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Just making this thread for people for have finished reading the whole series to share their thoughts.

Also for people that might want to look into what to expect before starting to read this series.

I marathon-ed this series in 1 day and I can say I can't believe I found this treasure just laying here after all these years.

The concept of real life family and game (fake) family consisting of the same members is fairly new to me.

The way this manga switches POVs and scene between the mc in real life and and the character in game is done in a way that is natural and fluent.

This makes it easier for me to follow what the mc is thinking and the circumferences leading him to think and act that way.

I also liked the way how more things are revealed one by one in the story revealing more about the family IRL and at the same time making more mysteries pop up.

The story turned from an easy going RPG setting at the start to an in depth explanation of the mc's past life and troubles that led him to live the way he does in the present.

The plot was generally interesting throughout the whole story and the ending was satisfactory (but some questions were left hanging).

ALERT!! SPOILER STARTING HERE

I was especially caught off guard when Piko (pirate guild leader) was revealed to be an AI then killed (uninstalled) right after. (I really liked her)

That was when everything started to become all dark and emotional to me. (I mean some scenes before that were dark and emotional as well but didn't get me)

At the end, I was all teary when the boss was revealed to be customized after Aya (mc's dead sister) and the father was finally forgiven by the mc (implied).

Some questions I would like answered are what happened to mc's mother afterwards and where did mc's father and his dead (?) disciple go?

SPOILER ENDS HERE

Anyway, I really recommend those of you who haven't read this manga yet to do so. Also for better feels I recommend to read it all in one go if possible. Enjoy!

For those of you who read it already, feel free to say your thoughts or give a review below. See you guys around!

Edited by Crystalstars, 12 May 2017 - 01:08 AM.