Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Suggestion about publicity on the site

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Philippe Carpentier

Philippe Carpentier

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I use batoto for reading scans, thanks a lot for the site (and to all the scan-trad's groups).

I know that the site need money (for maintenance and improvement) and as such I don't use add-block on the site (even if it's only a small gesture in regard of donation).

The problem is that since some time, there is some publicities which : Cover part of the scan and Can't be closed

It's irritating and it force me to reload multiple time the page before being able to read it (or enjoying it fully).
I think that if it continue like that it'll force people to use add-block on your site, or making them leave and it's a lose-lose situation for the site and the users.

I suggest that you either move the publicity away of the scan or be sure that the publicitiy can be closed.

I put an example of the pub in the attached file.

Thanks,

Phi.

Attached Files

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Please report any such ads here:

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/23670-annoying-ads-v3/

+ provide any info mentioned in the first post that you can

(tl;dr, ads come from ad provider chains -> these tend to be further localised/personalised for each viewer, based on one's location at least -> some bad ads will always slip through despite batoto's and ad providers' filters -> to block/remove these grumpy needs to be told (1) that they appear in the first place and (2) where they appear)

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Caminante

Caminante

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
The same as the first poster, I follow scans on Batoto as a usual basis of reading. I understand that is necessary some kind of economical support, but the software used it's too much a load at the client side; a usual page on a series delays about more than one full minute loading in my browser (iPad 2 with Safari) then I abort it and go to another site .

Edited by Caminante, 12 April 2017 - 05:32 PM.