Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Better than I expected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I liked this a lot better than I thought I would. The art is not my favourite style and on average I tend to like manga better than manhwa. And there's nothing really unusual about the basic setup.
But I like the way it's handled. The writer has a light touch--the romantic stuff is there, but a lot of the time it's just subtext to their lives instead of dominating everything; she takes her time developing character, building the brother-sister relationship with some depth and with real uncertainty just what they ultimately think of each other. I mean, the bro-sis relationship would normally be written transparently--he'd be acting like a jerk because he can't admit he has a thing for her, yadda yadda. But this guy really is a jerk. And their hostility, a lot of it at least, is real "sibling totally gets on your nerves" hostility. But there's other stuff there. Will it develop more? Well, some people might say they can see the ending, but there's a lot of plausible uncertainty there.
Some of the characterization is pretty good too. I particularly like the tall girl with the countrified accent--she's an original, and a great person. Doesn't fit any manga/manhwa stereotype at all.
So I'll be watching this one with interest.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I agree with you.
I also like the humor and I like how those 3 girls are friends and that the beautiful girl didn´t even apologize to the tall girl but just said what the tall girl should have done.
well I hope it won´t be getting all about love so that we see a hole chapter where the main character just says her feeling and we don´t get any plot development.

Kaybee

Kaybee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
I don't usually read manhwa, but on a whim read this one. I actually enjoyed what I have read so far. The humour is refreshing and the characters are developing nicely. I just hope it doesn't go all typical shoujo on us.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
The art is so-so.. but i'm liking the story... and its development...

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image