Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Current chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
well, like always, let's discuss that manga.

so, with it being a monthly and the common hiatus I'm a bit lost. who is that "lost love" mentioned by Canute at the end of chapter 78? was it already mentioned or did it happens in the time skip?
that scar on his face seems to be related to it and from what I remember I think it'd be explained with yet another flashback but if I missed something please enlighten me.

and again another month without release coming? is that for real? that manga shouldn't be categrorized as monthly but rather as trimestrial... such a shame that it blow the tension everytime

Posted Image

Sun-Ken Rock – Gunnm – Memories of Enamon

Spoiler

takehisa

takehisa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Location7 layer of reality
try to look when canute having conversation with the drunkard priest, maybe u'll find something, and yeah, its not monthly anymore, i wanna see thorfinn action so bad =.=

------------------------------------------------------

He has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!..................................................................................But He loves you.

Posted Image

zambofan

zambofan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Chapter 78 - Treason; page 17.

The math is wrong: 32 + 72 = 104, NOT 102.

And in checking the answer to Weaper's question (which i am still searching for) I was reminded of the awesomeness of Thorkell-v-Thorfinn in Chapter 37. :D

Fortune

Fortune

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Canute's lost love is a reference to how he believes that mankind was not granted love by God hence his raging transformation from a princessesque look to a more normal guyish look. In his conversation with the drunken priest he comes to the conclusion that since God has failed to dispense love to mankind, (IMO love in this context is peace) Canute wants to develop a form of paradise on Earth. Ironically he needs warfare to spread his 'love' (peace) so this paradox just adds more depth in the manga.

poikpoik

poikpoik

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
@ Weaper
that scar on his face is a gift from Thorfinn but i doubt it has anything to do with this "lost love" thing
I wonder does it remind him of thorfinn though

and btw are you sure there'll be no chapter this month? that text at the bottom of the last page wasn't translated

@ zambofan
maybe the leaders ( canute and floki) weren't counted? it's not like they are going to fight anyway
Hox already stated that it was his mistake in counting P:

Edited by poikpoik, 29 December 2011 - 09:57 AM.

poikpoik

poikpoik

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
yay, no hiatus and we at least know just who this escaped slave is
guess he was after ketil then
and I knew Thorinn would eventualy become a christian >__> it's only a matter of time till he gets baptized lol

TRMshadow

TRMshadow

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe Internet (Florida)
HEAAAAVVYYYY!!!
damn this series is good!
Certified Grammar Nazi

hadluk

hadluk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSweden
It's really too bad that this isn't a weekly updated manga :( It's one of the best I've read since Psyren (altough Psyrens only good in the beginning and middle part).

Divide et Impera
- Julius Ceasar

Zaraf

Zaraf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I wonder when the next update will be....

Kaida

Kaida

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

It's really too bad that this isn't a weekly updated manga :( It's one of the best I've read since Psyren (altough Psyrens only good in the beginning and middle part).

I'm okay with it not being weekly, really. I think if they rushed it like that then the quality of the art would go way down, and that would suck like a Dyson.

hadluk

hadluk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSweden

I'm okay with it not being weekly, really. I think if they rushed it like that then the quality of the art would go way down, and that would suck like a Dyson.

Well, that is true I'm just saying that for my selfish and greedy needs it would be awesome if it would come out once a week :) But I do idd see where ur going and it's acceptable that it's a monthly one for me because I read a lot of other stuff too.

Divide et Impera
- Julius Ceasar

Baltaz

Baltaz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Im fine with it being monthly but the author needs to stop teasing me with thinking farmland saga is gonna end because it never does. 54 chapters of tons of action and battles and were just about at 30 of farmland. Its been almost 3 years of it. Story needs to move on. Looks like it might be, but again could just be more teasing.

VanderDeckenIX

VanderDeckenIX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

With an art/drawing as good as this, don't expect it to be a weekly release. Hell, I think it would take them a day or two just to draw one page.

Torchcamp

Torchcamp

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSweden
Wow! The last chapter really is awesome, can't wait for the next one! Finally some fighting :)

hadluk

hadluk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSweden

With an art/drawing as good as this, don't expect it to be a weekly release. Hell, I think it would take them a day or two just to draw one page.

Not that I'm sure of this or can verify it in any way but, tbh don't you think the authors capacity is greater than just one/two pages a day? I think this is a side manga for the author, he probably does another one at the same time.

Divide et Impera
- Julius Ceasar

shengar

shengar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Yukimura Makoto need 10 assistant if we want Vinland Saga to have weekly releases :D
I hope that Snake doesn't die from that grip

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts
With these past few chapters, I think we can safely say that the story is moving on from "Farmland Saga". The change of pace after the timeskip was criticised by some fans, but looking back (starting from chapter 55), I think everything turned out just fine. All of the character development was particularly excellent, imo.

StoneDeathGaze

StoneDeathGaze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
What a useless filler chapter!! If the mangaka intends to create 20 page chapters, then the title should be coming out on a weekly basis. We all knew these are the king's strongest soldiers. Fillers like these should be added directly to the tankobon. The readers after a month of waiting instead of being satisfied with another "dose" of the manga are mad because of the disappointment like chapter 90...

ThinkPositive

ThinkPositive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorway

Farmland end. Vinland part could take 10 years, I hope I'm still reading manga when the end of that comes :)

I_enjoy_reading

I_enjoy_reading

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thorfinn.. ohhhhhhhhhhh I just can't wait to see him TCOB.