Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Donation is back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

The subscription module we've been using previously seems borked for good. :( So, a new simple one is here to replace it. :)

https://vatoto.com/donation

We're also in our worst ad-performance months of the year now*. To top it off, one of my ad networks just died on me (you'll notice a lot of amazon ads now -- which is my default ad). So, kinda strapped for cash until I find a good replacement. Would appreciate any help. 

* To clarify, ads in general perform worst during jan ~ mar. They slowly go up as the year goes on and peaks at nov/dec. It's then a sharp downhill and repeats itself. It seems to be the general trends in ads for NA-centric systems. According one of my ad network advisor, end of year is when marketing dept decides to blow rest of the cash set for the year. And early months are when they're too busy planning the new fiscal year to actually have much a budget to spend. As a result, there aren't a whole lot of ads to show and even if there are, they are worth very little.

Edited by Grumpy, 10 February 2017 - 02:10 AM.

Dragon_ANGL

Dragon_ANGL

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Would a Patreon account work well?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Would a Patreon account work well?

I'd have to setup one. I don't have one right now.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I'm not certain this would fall into Patreon's Terms of Service, as Grumpy isn't necessarily "creating" things, so much as he is "hosting" them. I've not tried Patreon myself though, or read through their rules completely, so I wouldn't know for sure.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

kazanjion

kazanjion

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Call me paranoid, but do you have a email on the PayPal account that I can send to? I never send money through a link of any sort. I love this site and will gladly donate.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Call me paranoid, but do you have a email on the PayPal account that I can send to? I never send money through a link of any sort. I love this site and will gladly donate.

It is [email protected]

Thanks!

NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTake a guess

I uh.... disabled adblock after I saw this.

So, where are the ads?

Keep scrolling, nothing here

Daviot

Daviot

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 8 posts

To use the meme:

1143362243714.jpg

You have my $10, Grumpy.  Keep being awesome.

Lvxi

Lvxi

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

And my axe, Grumpy! Thanks for all the work keeping batoto alive!

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

I uh.... disabled adblock after I saw this.

So, where are the ads?

They appear on the pages of various comics as you read them

Edited by Subpyro, 09 February 2017 - 01:52 PM.

Elbow

Elbow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Sure, seeing as using Batoto is pretty much a necessity for viewing some manga I'll happily donate a little to keep things running.

Don't expect me to donate any sums like blue did for MT though, where he donated the owners like 1.8k$ after the email leak and they shut the site down and ran off with the money.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

Sure, seeing as using Batoto is pretty much a necessity for viewing some manga I'll happily donate a little to keep things running.

Don't expect me to donate any sums like blue did for MT though, where he donated the owners like 1.8k$ after the email leak and they shut the site down and ran off with the money.

The recommended value, which is also the minimum requirement for the Donator title and status, is US$10. Anything above that is really your good will and display of appreciation for the site; but it is in the end all for hosting and upkeeping costs, so no profit is made from these donations.

Though I say that US$10 is the recommended value, really anything you feel like is fair goes, above and below alike.

Techno Smith: Arthur

Techno Smith: Arthur

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 2 posts

I'm using Batoto for I don't even remember how much time now, that's why I think that donating is the most natural thing to do.

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts

Just sent $10 your way Grumpy. Hope everyone's donations will be able to cover the expenses for the time being.

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Can we have an bar with donations intake and whats still needed to fill the hole?^^

And a button on the site would wokr better~

--

PS: I have adblocker on always (since sometim ago). As i have been served bad ads for my smartphone once already (novel site, not here). So i see this as a chance to put in my gratitude for the next few years ;D.

Edited by MidoriKitzune, 12 February 2017 - 01:40 AM.

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

Ah sigh. I want to donate too, but one Nintendo Switch is coming next month, so sorta a little outta cash after pre-ordering that thingy.

Will have more next week. I hope donation will still be available.

Posted Image

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Hi Grumpy, I'm interesting in donating, but for some reason I keep getting this screen.

Spoiler

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Hi Grumpy, I'm interesting in donating, but for some reason I keep getting this screen.

Spoiler

It looks like your default currency isn't USD, so that's why you're getting that extra screen. Anything roughly equivalent to 10USD is sufficient for donation benefits. I can convert any paypal supported currency myself as well.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

It looks like your default currency isn't USD, so that's why you're getting that extra screen. Anything roughly equivalent to 10USD is sufficient for donation benefits. I can convert any paypal supported currency myself as well.

Oh, my issue wasn't the currency. It was the missing part of the screen, for some reason the button wouldn't show up for me.

But it's all good now. For some reason it worked properly today, so I guess it's not a browser problem.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

Hiya

So I was a little stupid and stuff.

I just sent a little over 10eur as a donation, but forgot to add my forum name into the notes ;_;

Can I have the donator status for street cred and so that i'd have something to be proud about in my life pls?

Posted Image