Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 3 discussion raws

• Please log in to reply
1649 replies to this topic

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

The baby is Ananta finally reborn. When Ran gazed upon him in the rift and only he was able to see him, it was at this moment he bonded with him. By being bonded with Ananta, when him and Rana had a baby it allowed for Ananta to be reborn in this world. This child is the savior of this universe. The pic of the girl from the blog was the baby all grown up. That pic is a preview of her doing her hair getting ready to take action and hop in the game.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

In real life, the baby would likely be Rana trying to absolutely cement Ran to her because she's soooooooooooooooooooooooo unbearably needy and insecure.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

In real life, the baby would likely be Rana trying to absolutely cement Ran to her because she's soooooooooooooooooooooooo unbearably needy and insecure.

What's there to be insecure about? It is a game over, she won, he will spend the rest of her life with her. If anything, she has a short life-span and he will live longer, this baby could be a gift from her before she's leaves him. 

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

What's there to be insecure about? It is a game over, she won, he will spend the rest of her life with her. If anything, she has a short life-span and he will live longer, this baby could be a gift from her before she's leaves him. 

As if insecurities are typically based on logic. But to answer your question, she would be insecure about losing him. While she might not appear to age due to the god-level item, he could always want to trade her in for a newer model.

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts

As if insecurities are typically based on logic. But to answer your question, she would be insecure about losing him. While she might not appear to age due to the god-level item, he could always want to trade her in for a newer model.

But the whole point of the item is lessen her fear of him getting a newer model. Like, the item was given to her to ease this insecurity, and you say you expect to persist, despite her taking her best cautions for this...?

Also, isn't it a bit too hasty to think that she would always be like that? It could be just a passing moment of weakness and insecurity after 18 years of secret pining...

Besides, a baby is kind of a strong assurance that neither party would leave, if only for the kid...

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

I agree, she won. I will continue to hope that she continues to play an insignificant role in the series even if she's affiliated with/ the wife of one of the most important characters.

If the baby is 1 year old then 2 years probably have passed. I hope in this season Yuta stops being emo and Leez won't become too emo, because I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Ah yes, the issue with characters getting all moody and depressed. It wasn't an issue before because there was some levity to balance things out, but given how grim things look to get and the tone of The Finite, there's a very real chance that we're going to be getting angst on par with reliving your teenage years.

I really, really hope that Ran doesn't get all depressed because he was one of the few bright spots in a series filled with characters feeling sorry for themselves. Now that Leez is broken inside and out, she probably won't be offering the same.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

Just now getting around to sharing Birdie's quickie translation of the last blog post that came out last week.

Kubera Season 3 News - Part 5

Currygom is releasing Season 3 in April even though she wanted to release it in March (not her decision, Naver already had a lot of new March releases). The release date is most likely the first week of April. The weekly release day will be on Thursday. (That will be Wednesday morning in the U.S. when the raws come out.)

Ran dozing while carrying his and Rana's baby is a 'spoiler'. (Refer to her N17 blog post.) That baby won't be a baby anymore in Season 3 because of the time skip.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

But the whole point of the item is lessen her fear of him getting a newer model. Like, the item was given to her to ease this insecurity, and you say you expect to persist, despite her taking her best cautions for this...?

Also, isn't it a bit too hasty to think that she would always be like that? It could be just a passing moment of weakness and insecurity after 18 years of secret pining...

Besides, a baby is kind of a strong assurance that neither party would leave, if only for the kid...

I don't expect it to necessarily continue, but it should because people don't change and jealous and insecure people don't suddenly become less jealous and insecure.

I literally said that she'd want to get pregnant to tie him further to her, so why are you bringing that up? And note, that's not a permanent solution since parenthood and domestic life can kill the sexy time which could motivate a wandering eye. (or at least fear of one)

Edited by Boggyb, 23 March 2017 - 09:50 PM.

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts

I don't expect it to necessarily continue, but it should because people don't change and jealous and insecure people don't suddenly become less jealous and insecure.

I literally said that she'd want to get pregnant to tie him further to her, so why are you bringing that up? And note, that's not a permanent solution since parenthood and domestic life can kill the sexy time which could motivate a wandering eye. (or at least fear of one)

But the reasons for her insecurities were already solved. Ran and Leez aren't a thing, and Ran told her that he would always love her even if she looked like a grandma. Even if Rana cares about that, she now has the anti-aging item. They're married anyways, there isn't any reason for her to fear Ran leaving since he's a great guy overall.

On another note, I think it would be fitting for the characters become more grim. They're dealing with the destruction of the universe after all, things are going to get really bloody and complicated, it'd only be natural that people crack.

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

But the reasons for her insecurities were already solved. Ran and Leez aren't a thing, and Ran told her that he would always love her even if she looked like a grandma. Even if Rana cares about that, she now has the anti-aging item. They're married anyways, there isn't any reason for her to fear Ran leaving since he's a great guy overall.

On another note, I think it would be fitting for the characters become more grim. They're dealing with the destruction of the universe after all, things are going to get really bloody and complicated, it'd only be natural that people crack.

People aren't math or logic problems. Emotions don't get "solved" then magically go away forever immediately. The idea that an emotion has to be based on something legitimate or logical is also pure nonsense. Under that line of reasoning, Rana never had anything to worry about (and that was obvious to other people), so she was being irrational in her fear and thus isn't a rational person and thus can't be expected to behave rationally in the future in regard to the object of her irrationality.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

I don't have much opinion about Rana. She's one of the characters I just ignore, so I'm not too familiar with her personality. But I didn't really get the vibe that she's needy. She even tells Ran to stay back because he can't cast hoti asvins that well in the midst all the chaos of the battles. She comes off as strong and independent. And it's normal to be a bit insecure about herself when it concerns someone she really likes. But perhaps it's not all about insecurity.

And I've seen a video somewhere that was this old lady who never had once taken off her makeup in front of her husband. She would even sleep with makeup on. And she'd been doing that for decades. Her belief is that she must always look stunning in front of her husband. I doubt it was about her insecurity, just a form of love she has for her husband. Oh and that video actually showed her first time without her makeup in front of everyone (and she still looks so beautiful, by the way.)

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Rana is still more likeable than 75% of the characters in the story.

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

People keep talking about the baby but who's the woman with the pink hair?

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts
That's baby Raman all grown up.

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

People keep talking about the baby but who's the woman with the pink hair?

There seem to be two opinions in the chat room:

1. It's baby Ranana pre-teen

2. It's Mirha because of the stuffed bunny, and she's filled out a little.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

Somehow I thought of Leny at first. My image of her is pink/red. But that might be because she is surrounded by pink/red headed people. 

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

That's baby Raman all grown up.

Sounds like dry noodles....like... you want to subconsciously feed her to the suras and increase their sodium intake.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

Sounds like dry noodles....like... you want to subconsciously feed her to the suras and increase their sodium intake.

No, I believe she will be as awesome as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

I think Sagara is salty enough already :P