Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch and Wii U)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
This thread serves as a discourse platform for the upcoming Nintendo game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, scheduled to be released worldwide on the 3rd of March, 2017.

This game is a line breaker, as it is the launch title for Switch while the last game for Wii U, being available on both platforms.

Quoting from Wikipedia's page: "... It is the 19th main installment in the The Legend of Zelda series and the first original game in the series developed with an HD resolution. The story is set in Hyrule and follows amnesiac protagonist Link, who awakens from a 100-year slumber to a mysterious voice that guides him to defeat Calamity Ganon.

The title's gameplay and mechanics constitute a departure from the series' conventions, featuring an advanced physics engine, an open-world environment, voice acting, and the ability to play through the game's dungeons in any order..."

What are your thoughts on the matter?

I've personally started the Zelda series with Phantom Hourglass, it also being my first Nintendo DS game, I believe. Seeing how this is going to be the first game with an HD resolution makes me quite hyped, as I actually put a lot on the quality of visual display. Also makes me hope that I'll be able to potentially experience it on a bit bigger screen, such as my computer monitor, while playing from a bit bigger distance than one normally plays handheld consoles.