Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Good websites to post my own light novel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RayGun

RayGun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPig Sty Alley

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to post a light novel/ maybe with illustrations out there to see what happens. Anybody have any recommendations on sites? Thankx

tumblr_lzsh2olFj21qm9791o1_400.gif       tumblr_m018qiFNGK1qeumowo1_500.gif

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

AFAIK, the best light novel site out there is Baka-Tsuki.  Just as many manga are selected for publication in English based on the attention they receive on Batoto, some light novels have been selected for publication in English from the attention they received on Baka-Tsuki (Spice & Wolf, for example).

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

wasn't baka-tsuki a translation project? raygun wants someplace to host his own writing.

google says this blog entry says these sites offer good exposure:

http://www.writersandauthors.info/2012/08/where-to-publish-stories-online-for-free.html

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

wasn't baka-tsuki a translation project? raygun wants someplace to host his own writing.

They host a number of original light novels too.

RayGun

RayGun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPig Sty Alley

Thanks guys! I never knew Baka-Tsuki hosts web novels too, I definetly check into it

tumblr_lzsh2olFj21qm9791o1_400.gif       tumblr_m018qiFNGK1qeumowo1_500.gif

ClearMadness

ClearMadness

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

I would suggest RoyalRoadL. They make no claim on your story, allow linking, and have a large base of LN readers. 

I wrote a in depth post about How to Promote Your Web Serial or Writing at NovelUpdates. 

Edited by ClearMadness, 22 December 2016 - 03:36 PM.

IronAdBanner2.png
Author of The Iron Teeth, a dark fantasy web serial with comedy and goblins.