Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Original Comic] The Crawling City

Manga Anime Weeaboo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

R. Merryweather

R. Merryweather

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts

Created a comic and put it here on Bato.to. Would love to hear what you guys think!

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/the-crawling-city-r20183

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Art is great, keep it up!

I love yuri...

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

Dude, that is an awesome premise! I really love the Alice-in-Wonderland-like vibe that it gives off, and the art style is just beautiful. I am genuinely jealous of the art style, because I am terrible with art; I can write the most fantastical stories, but I am only decent with sketching or painting of any kind. Do you happen to have any advice on that?

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
My gut feeling when I read through this is that the strips feel like they never quite connect with each other; it feels like it's really jumping quickly between topics. Though I suppose you're going for a 4koma style of comic, in which that would make more sense.

That said, I concur with the others - the setting and artstyle are absolutely gorgeous. Definitely some of the better stuff I've seen on here, regarding self-published series. (Don't tell anyone else I said that.) I also like the strange little details you add in the backgrounds sometimes, like the scene in that house in the Halloween strip. Always funny to scan every panel to find little Easter eggs to enjoy.

UIqflpq.jpg