Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

now that everyone is on edge about the anime, have your opinions of this manga changed?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

I love with when I see unpopular manga become mainstream anime. It's a great process that I've seen with World Trigger (to which I was once part of a SL group), Boku no Hero, this manga, and many others.

My opinions haven't changed, but I still can't get a boner from this manga (like before), no matter how many times I read it.  Don't know how the mainstream plebeians can do it.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

shadowbringer

shadowbringer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

no opinion changes from me either, but I've been following the scanlations for this manga for a long time :D

Cub Ramen

Cub Ramen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

i don't even know there's such a good manga like this before the first keijo pv :(

b2a383ec588fa0e0f0bf1d3682c8b02d.gif

Papa Shango

Papa Shango

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Well its anime clearly flopped badly as Only DVD sold around 700 units only and BDs didn't rank.Also no boost in the manga sales as well.This anime actually created confusion for ecchi lovers as well as shonen lovers.

Edited by Papa Shango, 02 December 2016 - 10:42 AM.

shadowbringer

shadowbringer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I don't think that anyone should expect immediate increase in manga sales, or expect the BD/DVD sales to stay at 715/? forever. The first volume was released on the 23th, 9 days ago, and the BD/DVD sales information is from just a few days ago.

Hwa Ryun

Hwa Ryun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

anime fails in Japan. But this is also the most viewed show this season on CR

Edited by Hwa Ryun, 11 December 2016 - 05:22 PM.

imercenary

imercenary

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

I don't think that anyone should expect immediate increase in manga sales, or expect the BD/DVD sales to stay at 715/? forever. The first volume was released on the 23th, 9 days ago, and the BD/DVD sales information is from just a few days ago.

If your argument is "just wait a couple more weeks", you already lost.

Demand for anime BD/DVDs only goes down, never up. 

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

If your argument is "just wait a couple more weeks", you already lost.

Demand for anime BD/DVDs only goes down, never up. 

Yeah, demand usually never goes up. Only an exception with a few of them. And those happen rarely.

Spoiler

shadowbringer

shadowbringer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

what I meant is that the numbers shouldn't be locked at 715/145 (BDs/DVDs) forever, and manga that gets an anime adaptation tend to get an increase in manga sales. Hopefully the anime producers (and/or the manga publisher) make some money at Comiket 91 at the end of the year (through BDs/DVDs/merch/manga), there seems to be event tickets still available in the 2nd volume's promotional video (I can't read japanese, though, confirmation and/or corrections would be welcome)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

s2 when? anime of the season by far so on with chapter did the anime left off?

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

shadowbringer

shadowbringer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

s2 when? anime of the season by far so on with chapter did the anime left off?

chapter 90 was the graduation and welcome to the pro world chapter (latest translated chapter is the 98th one, latest japanese chapter is the 161th one, it's released weekly, save for few exceptions)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Damn the TL is that far behind eh? so did the anime change anything from in the manga?

shadowbringer

shadowbringer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Damn the TL is that far behind eh? so did the anime change anything from in the manga?

yes, it compressed some things (shortened or didn't adapt them), altered some events (such as the matches, details of Nozomi's training), added or moved others (training and research parts that were shown as flashbacks in the manga, but were foreshadowed in the anime instead, which was nice)

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Ah I see thanks for the info!

codetaku

codetaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I love with when I see unpopular manga become mainstream anime. It's a great process that I've seen with World Trigger (to which I was once part of a SL group), Boku no Hero, this manga, and many others.

My opinions haven't changed, but I still can't get a boner from this manga (like before), no matter how many times I read it.  Don't know how the mainstream plebeians can do it.

World Trigger was already a Shounen Jump manga... it's not even comparable to this one. Nearly every young boy in Japan reads Shounen Jump.

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

World Trigger was already a Shounen Jump manga... it's not even comparable to this one. Nearly every young boy in Japan reads Shounen Jump.

It wasn't initially when I started reading it (even before I started reading it on Batoto). 

Spoiler

codetaku

codetaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

It wasn't initially when I started reading it (even before I started reading it on Batoto). 

You must have it confused with some other series. It did not move magazines. It started in Jump, and continued in Jump until its hiatus started a few months ago.

Unless you thought I meant Viz's Jump...? I don't know why you'd think that because I said "every young boy *in Japan*", but it's the only explanation I can think of for why you're so incredibly wrong right now.

See, there's this magazine in Japan called Weekly Shonen Jump. AKA the real Jump. It's where Dragon Ball was serialized decades ago, it's where One Piece is serialized at present, and it's where World Trigger started in 2013. You did not start reading World Trigger before it appeared in Jump, because World Trigger literally did not exist before it appeared in Jump.

So yes, really, World Trigger was incredibly mainstream before its anime because it was featured in the premier manga magazine of all of Japan. The fact that your friends hadn't heard of it yet doesn't contradict that. Try again!

Edited by codetaku, 22 March 2017 - 02:11 AM.