Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOCD] Rise of the Goblin Nation

re:monster ooc discussions role-play mature

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
Spoiler

Welcome to Rise of the Goblin Nation! In this RPG you will play as a goblin, weakest of all the monsters in the known world but also the one with the greatest potential. As a newborn goblin you will have to learn how to fight and survive in this harsh, new world.

RGN (Rise of the Goblin Nation) combines the Rank-up System from Re:Monster, the Job System from Final Fantasy Tactics, and the Skill System from Skyrim to create something new and different -- a sandbox system where anything from what you eat and how you play, will help mold your character into a living legend.

How the system works. Most actions you take in the story are represented by a skill: if you swing a weapon for example, you just used a skill; if you go swimming, you're using a skill. And the more often you use a skill, the better you become at performing the associated action.

Items are also important, since they will improve the damage you deal (DMG) and increase your total health pool (HP).

Finally, combat is a turn-based system where the fastest character always attacks first. At the start of the story that will be the players. If a monster survives the player's attack, I will then take control of the monster and attack for it. If a player's HP reaches 0, they'll die and will have to start all over again as a newborn goblin. The only exceptions to this rule are resurrection magics and revive potions. None of which will be available at the start of the game.

Skills. As I said before, skills represent your actions in the story. And the more you use them, the better you become at performing those actions. There are 7 tiers for each skill, and pushing them to their limits will unlock some ridiculous abilities for your character to use, like being able to jump over a castle's walls.

Items. Items come in various forms and have unique effects. Armor items will boost your health. Weapon items will boost your damage. Potions will restore your health instantly, while elixers will give you health over time. All of these can be crafted, bought, or traded for.

Combat. When a fight begins, the fastest character will always move first. If players group up to take on a monster, then the monster will wait it's turn until all of the players attack. If the monster survives, I will take control of it and take an action. After that it will be the players turn again. If the monster dies, players can loot the body for useful items -- provided they have the necessary tools to do so.

Every night while your goblin sleeps, they'll get relevant updates on their skills, items, health, ect. Goblins will also heal as they sleep. The more injured they are, the longer they'll need to rest to recover. Eating food will help with their recovery.

- Rank-up System.
- Job System.
- Skills and the Rank-up System.

- Character Sheet, and Rank-up System explained further.
- Blessings explained.
- Hobgoblins, Hobbes, Sidhe, Fae, Álfar, and Dökkálfar explained.
- Sidhe explained.

- Basic Jobs explained.
- Default Job Skills and Rank-Up changes.
- Basic Job Skills.

- Important NPCs and Locations.

- Novice Items and their prices

Edited by The Illuminati, 23 January 2017 - 03:27 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Finally!!! thanks a lot man!

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Once more unto the break, dear friends, once more.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Goblins Naifu Style.

Huzzah!

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
What does a goblin look like in this rp?
Are they what you would normally think a goblin looks like?
Do they have human appearances?
Are they more monster-like?
Does their appearance change as they get stronger?

I'm asking for the sake of images and coherency.
Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
Current Rank-up System:
- Goblins that favor heavy weapons (hammers, greatswords, greataxes, ect) have the option to become Orcs, Ogres, and Minotaurs.
- Goblins that favor medium weapons (swords, shields, axes, ect.) have the option to become Hobgoblins, Hobbes, and Sidhe.
- Goblins that favor light or ranged weapons (daggers, bows, crossbows, ect.) have the option to become Fae, Álfar, and Dökkálfar.

- Goblins that drink enough fresh blood have the option to become Vampires, Dhampirs, and Alucards.
- Goblins that eat enough rotten meat have the option to become Ghouls, Trolls, and Wendigoes.
- Goblins that eat enough raw meat have the option to become Skinwalkers, Shapeshifters, and Werebeast.
- Goblins that eat enough plants have the option to become Dryads, Nymphs, and Druids.
- Goblins that eat enough magical herbs have the option to become spellcasters:
* Ranged Spellcasters: Spell Knights/Dames, Mage Lords, and Magic Kings/Queens.
* Close Quarter Spellcasters: Quarter Spell Blades, Half Spell Blades, and Spell Blades.

- Goblins that earn divine blessings can become:
* Holy Blessings: Nephalim, Aasimar, and Celestials.
* Infernal Blessings: Tieflings, Fiends, and Teufel.
* Elemental Blessings: Lesser XXXX Lords, Medium XXXX Lords, and Greater XXXX Lords. (XXXX is your specific element)

- Goblins that unlock every rank-up will become: Super Goblins, Master Goblins, and Goblin Gods.

@KDP: Goblins in this RP look like what you would normally think a goblin looks like. Short, mischievous, green, big ears, ect.

Do they have human appearances? They're humanoid (2 legs, 2 arms, 1 head) but are the size of human toddlers.
Does their appearance change as they get stronger? Yes. Heavies (heavy weapon users) are the biggest, and most mostrous. Mediums look the most human (in size and appearance). Lights, Ranged, and Spellcasters look the most elven.

Edited by The Illuminati, 23 November 2016 - 03:09 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
Current Job System:
- Basic Jobs: Warriors (War), Archers (Arc), Chemists (Ch), Merchants (Merc), Brawlers (Br), and Rangers (Rng).

- Advance Jobs: Barbarians and Fighters (War), Hunters and Snipers (Arc), Alchemists and Mages (Ch), Orators and Arithmaticians (Merc), Monks and Ninjas (Br), Beastmasters and Monster Tamers (Rng).
* Second Advance Jobs: Duelists (War, Arc), Warmasters (War, Arc, Br), Battlemages and Guardians (War, Ch), Shadow Disciples and Spellcloaks (Arc, Ch), Rogues and Smugglers (any basic, combat job, Merc), and Jacks of Skills (master all of the basic jobs).

- Expert Jobs: Gladiators (Barbarian), Knights (Fighter), Witchers (Hunter), Assassins (Sniper), Potions Masters (Alchemist), Priests and Wizards (Mage), Bards/Dancers (Orator), Prodigies (Arithmatician), Iron Fists (Monk), Kages (Ninja), Beastlords (Beastmaster), and Monster Ranchers (Monster Tamer).
* Second Expert Jobs: Avengers and Slayers (Duelist), Warchiefs (Warmaster), Champions (Battlemage), Crusaders (Guardian), Shadow Masters (Shadow Disciple), Arcanists (Spellcloak), Anarchists (Rogue), Pirates (Smuggler), and Kings/Queens of Skills (master all of the advance jobs).

- Master Jobs: Samurai (Gladiator, Sniper, Battlemage), Lancers (Knight, Beastmaster/Monster Tamer, Monk), Paladins (Witcher, Knight, Priest), Black Knights (Assassin, Knight, Wizard), Sorcerers (Priest, Wizard), Sages (Potions Master, Sorcerer), Mystics (Alchemist, Sorcerer), Illusionists (Bard/Dancer, Mage), Gokages (Kage, Mage), Apex Predators (Beastlord, Iron Fist), Terreres (Anarchist, Pirate), and Gadgeteers (Prodigy, Priest/Wizard, Alchemist).

- Legendary Jobs: Time Mages (Sage, Mystic), Holy Knights (Paladin), Hell Knights (Black Knight), Machinists (Gadgeteer), Gunners (Gadgeteer, Sniper), Elementalists (Sorcerer, Arcanist), Archmages (Sage, Mystic, Shadow Master, Arcanist), Gods of War (Avenger, Slayer, Warchief, Champion, Crusader), and Ace of Skills (learn every expert and master job).

Edited by The Illuminati, 17 October 2016 - 03:28 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
So we can learn every skill under every job

So I guess the skills are pre made?
Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
Do you guys have any questions so far?

A quick note about the rank-up and job systems: you rank-up/unlock a job once you clear the objectives for that specific rank-up or job. So for a warrior, you just have to use a weapon until the weapon skill hits 100 points. Then, once you go to sleep, I'll give you your stats and you can choose to rank-up or not/choose a job.

Rank-ups are irreversable. So if you become an orc, then switch to magic, you'll stay an orc until you switch back to using heavy weapons. You'll also only do half of the expected damage and take twice as long to become a mage. This applies to every instance of playing against type.

Character Sheet:
- Picture/Discription
- Name
- Personality

So we can learn every skill under every job? So I guess the skills are pre made?

No. You get to create your own skills and abilities. I'll just say what each job is basically supposed to do. If someone needs help with skills/abilities, then I'll suggest something.

For the items, minerals, and such I do have a list.

Edited by The Illuminati, 14 October 2016 - 03:14 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

I lurk no more.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Are he classes just classes and we can go based off of obviousness?
Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. The classes/jobs are there to help shape the fantasy that you want to create. That said, they do come with real restrictions. For example, a barbarian would never use a shield. And if they tried to, they would only get half the benefits from using one.

On the other hand, you can master every job in the story, if you put the time and effort into it, and become the most powerful being in the game.

Edited by The Illuminati, 14 October 2016 - 02:54 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

For Consideration

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 15 October 2016 - 01:51 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Thanks illumi
Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

- Goblins that earn divine blessings can become:
* Holy Blessings: Nephalim, Aasimar, and Celestials.
* Infernal Blessings: Tieflings, Fiends, and Teufel.
* Nature Blessings: Half ... Lords, ... Lords, Greater ... Lords. (... is your specific element)

Surprised no one asked, but you can earn blessings just like regular skills. Just perform actions that please the gods and they will bestow their blessings on you. Holy = Good (charity, kindness), Infernal = Evil (murder, hate), Nature = The Four Elements (fire, earth, wind, water).

I'll post my CS too. Think I'll go with a male...

Character Sheet
Spoiler

Edited by The Illuminati, 14 October 2016 - 11:56 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Here is my little Goblin. It's a shame I'm not using Patch this time. But this guy is a very similar soul. I like to thing that perhaps he is Patch in another life. :3

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 14 October 2016 - 11:47 AM.

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

I wanna join.

Spoiler

Edited by Juro, 14 October 2016 - 04:58 PM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
I know X is in, but what about you KDP?

If he's in, that'll bring our group to 6 players. You guys think anymore will join, or we should leave it there and start soon?

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Yeah I'm in I'm just at work so the ability to sit and think peacefully is minimum. But I'll be placing my character.
Spoiler

Here he is
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Here's my Gobby

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif