Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Inktober 2016! [COMPLETED!]

ink inktober 2016 again sleepy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Inktober is here again, and I'm gonna particpate this year, too! If anyone wants to hang out, talk about inking, or show off your stuff than feel free.

I'll be posting each of my drawings here, and compiling them into this masterpost.

Oh yeah, every drawing is going to have a "prompt" that corrospondes to it. The prompt list is here, if ya wanna follow along or read ahead:

Spoiler

which was written out by me and my cousin, who's also going to be doing Inktober with me. You should check her out because she's freaking amazing.

Day 1: Mask

Spoiler

Day 2: Decay

Spoiler

Day 3: Bridge

Spoiler

Day 4: Alchemy

Spoiler

Day 5: Cursed Royalty

Spoiler

Day 6: Old Magic

Spoiler

Day 7: Enchanted Clothes

Spoiler

Day 8: Spice

Spoiler

Day 9: ABANDONED

Spoiler

Day 10: Underwater

Spoiler

Edited by Ravenous Raven, 01 November 2016 - 04:20 AM.

tumblr_lqx5fbcBGM1qif2tzo1_500.gif

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
I was thinking of doing the Inktober thing, too, this year. I'm not gonna use the prompts, though; merely getting a daily drawing down on paper should be exercise enough. ^^ So, I'll use this post as my master.

UIqflpq.jpg

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

I was thinking of doing the Inktober thing, too, this year. I'm not gonna use the prompts, though; merely getting a daily drawing down on paper should be exercise enough. ^^ So, I'll use this post as my master.

Yay! More participants is always fun.

I can totally understand not wanting the prompts - my cousin and I are actually mostly using them so we don't run out of creative-steam and we just blank on what to do. Plus, it's kinda fun seeing the differences between what I make and she makes.

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I forgot there's a limited amount of images per post, so I'm hijacking this!

Day 11: Ghost

Spoiler

Day 12: Fungus

Spoiler

Day 13: Wind

Spoiler

Day 14: Rooftops

Spoiler

Day 15: Potager

Spoiler

Day 16: New Magic

Spoiler

Day 17: Cozy

Spoiler

Day 18: Moths

Spoiler

Day 19: Pottery

Spoiler

Day 20: Remains

Spoiler

Edited by Ravenous Raven, 01 November 2016 - 04:14 AM.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 21: Dog

Spoiler

Day 22: Old lace

Spoiler

Day 23: Snails

Spoiler

Day 24: Treasure

Spoiler

Day 25: Bird

Spoiler

Day 26: Music

Spoiler

Day 27: Not what it seems

Spoiler

Day 28: Attic

Spoiler

Day 29: Fake Magic

Spoiler

Day 30: Upside Down

Spoiler

Edited by Ravenous Raven, 01 November 2016 - 04:17 AM.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

after looking at your cousin and your work, i get the feeling you draw inspiration from eachother, pretty cool

aovnZo7.png

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

such macabre themes

can you guys draw something blue?

blue releases serotonin in the brain and makes ppl happy

something like this but minus the shark and plus a dolphin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbqFBA2lIU4

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
Y'know what, I'll go by your prompts, after all. Cuz why the heck not. I'm a few days behind, but this should work if I slap some self-discipline in me.

Spoiler

I decided today that I'm gonna call these guys my "limbful", as opposed to limbless; they're surreal creatures with an array of oddly proportioned appendices and extremities, that usually pop up in my head when I'm sorta short on ideas. I'm not even sure why, because I hate drawing hands and feet and the like. Maybe that might be precisely it; to try and get a feel for drawing what I need training on the most. I also really enjoy drawing weird body joints for some reason.

such macabre themes

Think it's because it's October and Halloween spirit and what not. Some people are doing an even worse version called "Goretober"; I was flipping through my recommendeds-list on Instagram and was wondering why there were so many drawings of things with their guts hanging out...

UIqflpq.jpg

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 3 prompt: BRIDGE

Spoiler

I used a random pack of gray scale Fabercastle markers I found in the back of my cousin's desk for this one. Didn't blend well, but they were very juicy and smooth. Not bad.

after looking at your cousin and your work, i get the feeling you draw inspiration from eachother, pretty cool

Yeah, definitely! She's basically the cool older sister I never had. ^ ^

such macabre themes

can you guys draw something blue?

blue releases serotonin in the brain and makes ppl happy

something like this but minus the shark and plus a dolphin

Haha, not all of them are gonna be grim! (Example: Pretty girls where sparkly dresses for the one I just finished.)

Y'know what, I'll go by your prompts, after all. Cuz why the heck not. I'm a few days behind, but this should work if I slap some self-discipline in me.

Spoiler

I decided today that I'm gonna call these guys my "limbful", as opposed to limbless; they're surreal creatures with an array of oddly proportioned appendices and extremities, that usually pop up in my head when I'm sorta short on ideas. I'm not even sure why, because I hate drawing hands and feet and the like. Maybe that might be precisely it; to try and get a feel for drawing what I need training on the most. I also really enjoy drawing weird body joints for some reason.

Think it's because it's October and Halloween spirit and what not. Some people are doing an even worse version called "Goretober"; I was flipping through my recommendeds-list on Instagram and was wondering why there were so many drawings of things with their guts hanging out...

Nice! Welcome to the party.

Always happy to see Artists trying to draw the things they don't like.

Oh, gosh, I'm actually really not good with gore unless it's... 'natural'? Like an animal that got eaten by another animal or died naturally in a gory way is fine, but if it's like disembowled for no reason, I can not deal well.

Edited by Ravenous Raven, 04 October 2016 - 05:19 AM.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 4 prompt: ALCHEMY

Spoiler

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Day 4 prompt: ALCHEMY

Spoiler

i really like the colors in this one

aovnZo7.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

Now, I'm aware I've skipped a couple - I wanted to be on the "current" day instead of continuously attempting to catch up. I'll do the ones I missed, when I get the time. Fact is, I drew these in the opposite order, just in case I wouldn't have time for #4 today either.
So then -

Spoiler

This one was kinda tricky, as alchemy to me is kind of a fuzzy subject. I'm thinking Estus flasks, I'm thinking astrology and circles/symbols, I'm thinking FMA. So, this one became pretty surreal, with my own macabre touch. I googled some alchemy symbols just for the heck of it; they're really only there for the mood. In before ye olde alchemists screaming about appropriation.

Spoiler

I was originally thinking something classic - a lich king, or a mummy, or a skeleton on a throne, etc. But I decided that I wanted to do something unique. Into my head comes this guy, and refuses to leave. Allow me to present to you, Dhimsal, King Midas's lesser known relative. Whether his curse is less or more fortunate depends on who you ask.

UIqflpq.jpg

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 5 prompt: CURSED ROYALTY

Spoiler

Nearly ran out of time on this one. Anatomy's a bit wonky since I rushed it, but I still think it turned out okay. Heck yeah princely pantaloons.

^ Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

Now, I'm aware I've skipped a couple - I wanted to be on the "current" day instead of continuously attempting to catch up. I'll do the ones I missed, when I get the time. Fact is, I drew these in the opposite order, just in case I wouldn't have time for #4 today either.
So then -

Spoiler

This one was kinda tricky, as alchemy to me is kind of a fuzzy subject. I'm thinking Estus flasks, I'm thinking astrology and circles/symbols, I'm thinking FMA. So, this one became pretty surreal, with my own macabre touch. I googled some alchemy symbols just for the heck of it; they're really only there for the mood. In before ye olde alchemists screaming about appropriation.

Spoiler

I was originally thinking something classic - a lich king, or a mummy, or a skeleton on a throne, etc. But I decided that I wanted to do something unique. Into my head comes this guy, and refuses to leave. Allow me to present to you, Dhimsal, King Midas's lesser known relative. Whether his curse is less or more fortunate depends on who you ask.

I adore your cursed royalty - I can't stop laughing at it.

I can confirm as an ex-vegan that is pretty much exactly how I'd react to that.

Edited by Ravenous Raven, 07 October 2016 - 03:18 AM.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Fuck yeah princely pantaloons.

I KNOW, right? It's the single most telltale sign of royal royalty.
Gotta say, I didn't quite understand your picture's relation to the prompt until I saw the second title in the spoiler tags. It's nice; it's very feeling-inducing.

Spoiler

I had several dumb ideas for this, but decided to settle on a classic. Old = Natural and runic. I'm just saying, though - every so often I'm bound to interpret any of these prompts into something inappropriately silly. Also, this picture is not quite as serious as it may look...

Also, I had a look at your cousin's stuff, finally. Dang, you weren't kidding, she's pretty awesome at what she does.

Edited by Horn, 06 October 2016 - 04:26 PM.

UIqflpq.jpg

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Spoiler

The oldest thing I can think of!

I had several dumb ideas for this, but decided to settle on a classic. Old = Natural and runic. I'm just saying, though - every so often I'm bound to interpret any of these prompts into something inappropriately silly. Also, this picture is not quite as serious as it may look...

Also, I had a look at your cousin's stuff, finally. Dang, you weren't kidding, she's pretty awesome at what she does.

Aw, heck yeah. Bring on the silly. I am prepared.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Spoiler

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
Ahh, you went with wings too. I guess that one would be classic. Your pic became really pretty, though; I particularly like the dress you gave her. The patterns are really nice.

Meanwhile...

Spoiler

It's entirely possible that the anatomy became pretty wonky in this pic. Let's call it perspective and leave it at that.

Edited by Horn, 08 October 2016 - 01:44 PM.

UIqflpq.jpg

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Spoiler

I cheated hard on the prompt, haha. 

I also tossed a little bit of digital tones on because it seems a little flat.

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

Day 9: ABANDONED

Spoiler

Had a bit more time today, so I tossed on a bit o' watercolour.

Ahh, you went with wings too. I guess that one would be classic. Your pic became really pretty, though; I particularly like the dress you gave her. The patterns are really nice.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the only think enchanted clothes would be able to do is Protection or Transport magic?

Other stuff would be delegated to other kinds of objects.

At least, that's what video games have taught me!

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

why is there an arm coming out of the sewer? D:

aovnZo7.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
Damn it, I'm already losing steam. -_- Doing something daily just isn't my thing. Well, here we go.

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy with this; it just feels rushed for some reason. But oh well; some daily pictures will turn out that way, I guess.
It's also the first time I try out a weeb expression like that... I really don't do those normally. Boo hoo hoo, my integrity...

Day 9: Abandoned
Spoiler

Merely the picture itself is pretty morbid enough, and then when you remember the prompt is "abandoned", it turns on a new level of creepy.

Now, I know what you're all thinking. "Hey Rob, this is like, the first girl you've drawn for Inktober whatsoever, and you turned her into an abuse victim. Are you some sort of misogynist, or are you just a huge pervert?" And I assure you, there's a perfectly logical explanation for why this has happened:
Spoiler

Join me next time for more shenanigans!

UIqflpq.jpg