Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Puffington Academy

Magic Fantasy

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Everything seems okay. We just need to discuss the type of magic you went with. Could you explain your ability and below Vivid Art, could you include this Spoiler.

Spoiler
Since you went with 3 points in conjuration, what does each point actually mean. 

If I'd give you an example, if I wanted the ability to summon a sword, 1 point in conjuration would deal with the actual creation of the sword while Enhancement would make the construct durable and sharp.

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Spoiler

WIP!

Edited by Kida Nedakh, 05 October 2016 - 02:17 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
The Fairchild is back again

I believe the Bane of the fairchilds will arrive!!!
Muhahahaha
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Everything seems okay. We just need to discuss the type of magic you went with. Could you explain your ability and below Vivid Art, could you include this Spoiler.

Spoiler
Since you went with 3 points in conjuration, what does each point actually mean. 

If I'd give you an example, if I wanted the ability to summon a sword, 1 point in conjuration would deal with the actual creation of the sword while Enhancement would make the construct durable and sharp.

Edited. Will that be fine or too much? Let me know.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

The Fairchild is back again
I believe the Bane of the fairchilds will arrive!!!
Muhahahaha

Pft. Minerva has never had a bane of any sort. She is above the foolishness of Fausts.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Oh she is above but the memories are engrained into her soul. For she knows his name
Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Oh she is above but the memories are engrained into her soul. For she knows his name

Minerva: "Uh......who?"

Finished the CS! Waiting for acceptance!

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Also, Devi. If you wanted a better idea as to what Minerva is like, consider this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhza0DBAong

She moves like the gentleman with the sword.

Especially take note of how he bobs and weaves through shards of falling grass, while he is killing people. XD

Edited by Kida Nedakh, 01 October 2016 - 02:11 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Missy: reading her bio I almost feel like I should rename my character William xP

+ With what I have read, she doesn't look like she needs anymore tutelage.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 01 October 2016 - 03:33 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@Kida - Well, DR does have a point. Minerva's magic is quite potent as it is and if she's already this skilled and efficient in controlling it, I don't think she needs to be enrolled in the academy anymore. The academy is meant for beginners with potential but lack the means to hone their skills and magic.

@DR - Let's put it this way, Transformation would be needed to give  his magical energy the properties of ink, to actually create living constructs would be Conjuration, then Manipulation for their movement.

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Bah. She has no elemental abilities or anything of the sort. ._.

She could certainly use tutelage in sich a field. And mebbe her uncle is putting her into a school for a reason.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
Perhaps a little tweaking to the wording is what you need. Something like the family magic is full on mystic swordsmanship, and while the trainer in her bio taught the bare basics (move faster, hit harder, see better than average dude), she's at the school to learn the things past that (throwing fire and such, plus getting to super speed and strength). Kind of like a transfer from homeschool to high school.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

She could certainly use tutelage in sich a field. And mebbe her uncle is putting her into a school for a reason.

She doesn't have elemental magic because she has the Ultimate Eye. I mentioned it in the system that the magic you choose would act as a base and then other forms of magic would branch out from it, creating something different all together. With the Ultimate Eye, its not a base ability, but already branched and extremely well defined. 

Perhaps a little tweaking to the wording is what you need. Something like the family magic is full on mystic swordsmanship, and while the trainer in her bio taught the bare basics (move faster, hit harder, see better than average dude), she's at the school to learn the things past that (throwing fire and such, plus getting to super speed and strength). Kind of like a transfer from homeschool to high school.

Yup, we've got a winner. With an ability called the Ultimate Eye, the base would just be enhanced perception instead godlike perception and a full on buff on her physical prowess.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Kida - Well, DR does have a point. Minerva's magic is quite potent as it is and if she's already this skilled and efficient in controlling it, I don't think she needs to be enrolled in the academy anymore. The academy is meant for beginners with potential but lack the means to hone their skills and magic.

@DR - Let's put it this way, Transformation would be needed to give  his magical energy the properties of ink, to actually create living constructs would be Conjuration, then Manipulation for their movement.

Okay Gotcha. Didn't think it would play that way, my mistake. So with this I just don't an elaborate three point setup I did earlier, right? 

I just mention points in Manipulation, Transformation and Conjuration and I'll be good to go with a little explanation?

Spoiler
]

Changes made.

So you want a One woman killing machine? o_o

If you can then I think if you work along with GM, you could get a teaching position and then progress from their towards your goal.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@DR Accepted. Thanks for the patience.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

The Neko was playing with this post.... >.>

That aside, I'll have a CS up before the weekend is out.

Edited by Maia, 05 October 2016 - 09:33 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

The Neko also played with this post.

All I said was that i see Minerva more as a faculty than as a student. Plus somehow reading that imoji along with all that text  reminds me of this.

terminator-2.jpg

Edited by Maia, 05 October 2016 - 09:44 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

@Kida Regarding the initial power levels expected from those who were invited to the academy, I thought it was somewhat self explanatory. Sorry if I didn't mention it in a clearer manner in the opening post. I'll see if I can do something about that.

@Faye I appreciate the effort of pointing out the issues with Kida's CS, but lets avoid the bickering and fights. Those aren't that pleasing to the eyes.

@Hero and KDP Thanks for trying to diffuse the whole situation.

Edited by Deviruchi, 02 October 2016 - 09:05 PM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
im slightly almost done
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

@Missy: Is the Ultimate Eye an always on kind of magic or is there a trigger command? I mean when interacting with feeble/normal folk does she usually be extra cautious to not break them or can she turn it off?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler