Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Puffington Academy

Magic Fantasy

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Despite its fantasy-like setting, inspiration for this story will be drawn from quite a few animes and manga as well. I will not list down each and every one of them since such a task would be too tedious and would just produce a large wall of text. 

vfU4YFP.png?1

Puffington Academy of Magic

Greetings,

Reading this means you are finally aware of what you are capable of and it is something magnificently extraordinary. The world is filled with countless specimens of life and among them all, you are part of the minority that stand out as truly unique. You are gifted beyond normal; supernatural to be exact. This is a fact that you must accept.

You are different from the rest and with abilities of such potential, you must learn how to control and use them wisely. How exactly? Well, the answer to that is simple; through me. If you join me, you'll find yourself in a place built specifically to help others your age with similar gifts. Who you are now makes no difference to me; my only concern is with who you may become. Included in this message, you will find all the pertinent information about our organization. All you need do is to fill up the application form and leave the rest to us.

I trust you'll make the right decision.

Sincerely,
Varus, Puffington Academy Headmaster

Premise

Spoiler

Abilities

Spoiler

Student Registry

Spoiler

Edited by Deviruchi, 29 September 2016 - 02:55 AM.

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Noting moderate interest. Pending the CS.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Interested, but there doesn't seem to be a character sheet.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

I'll keep an eye out over here.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'll be adding the character sheet in the few minutes along with the abilities and possible stat system. Was testing the waters before adding more; wasn't sure if people would be interested in this.

EDIT:

Abilities

Spoiler

Student Registry

Spoiler

Edited by Deviruchi, 29 September 2016 - 02:51 AM.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Ah, so it's a Hunter x Hunter styled system.

Since you say we have 150 points and each property is 50, I'm going to assume we pick a central idea for our magic and we can have it cover up to 3 of the 5? Like how Gon's theme is Rock-Paper-Scissors and it features Enhancement, Transmutation, and Emission?

Follow-up if that's accurate, if we only have one or two Properties we'd like to use, what happens to the points not used to buy them? Do they pool for later, can we spend them on making the character particularly good with one Property, or do they go to waste?

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Ah, so it's a Hunter x Hunter styled system.

Since you say we have 150 points and each property is 50, I'm going to assume we pick a central idea for our magic and we can have it cover up to 3 of the 5? Like how Gon's theme is Rock-Paper-Scissors and it features Enhancement, Transmutation, and Emission?

Follow-up if that's accurate, if we only have one or two Properties we'd like to use, what happens to the points not used to buy them? Do they pool for later, can we spend them on making the character particularly good with one Property, or do they go to waste?

Yeah, that was the system I imagined to have the most variety but still remained controlled. Not necessarily, you can use all three with enhancement if you want. An ability won't end even when it has all five properties.

You can save the points and pool them.

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Ohh, so it's pick a theme for the magic and each spell/technique costs 50 (and invokes one of the properties).

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
This interests me. I assume we don't have to worry abou natural affinities and the like?
Spoiler

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Ohh, so it's pick a theme for the magic and each spell/technique costs 50 (and invokes one of the properties).

Yup, more or less.

This interests me. I assume we don't have to worry abou natural affinities and the like?

The base of your ability will be your forte, but affinity similar to Hunter x Hunter won't be an issue here.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

You call it abilities, but it's defined as magic throughout.

Does that mean there are other forms of supernatural powers? Or just an oversight.

I've interest in concept, nice and simple, but I'm just waiting around to see what more it may have to offer.

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Probably oversight. They're synonyms for me; at least for this RP.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Bruh,

With the magic, can we get more magic or I it just the one we are born with and that's it? Either way is fine wiff me
Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Ooh. Neat, simple system.

I like it, and 150 points is enough to rebirth the Ultimate Eye.

Edited by Kida Nedakh, 29 September 2016 - 09:30 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

I think I might run a Conjuration setup. Not sure on the details yet though. Hmm...

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

CS pending.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Transmutation for ya boi!!!!!!
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Will put a CS tonight.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Bruh,

With the magic, can we get more magic or I it just the one we are born with and that's it? Either way is fine wiff me

I think it's implied we can learn multiple categories. Our powers don't seem to be intrinsic like a mutant's ability in X-Men, but based on how we choose to shape it.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Spoiler
]

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 02 October 2016 - 12:50 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler