Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC/Concept] Vega Complex

Happiness is Mandatory Traitors Will Be Found

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

e52d717e6ed1e97fbbcf3d0efa82cb12.jpg

Vega Complex. A Paranoia RP.

Happiness is Mandatory.

"Welcome citizen. You may be aware that you are experiencing, for the first time, a mildly comfortable seating device. That is because of your recent activities. You have spotted and identified a traitor, mutant and/or a co-conspirator of a secret society. All these things are treason. Treason is punishable by death. The body and/or life-force of those identified has been terminated, and the memory of them DELETED. Thank you for your service citizen. As a reward for your actions you have been granted a promotion to a higher clearance. Thus explaining the finest seating devices you have ever seen. Please be warned. The seating devices are untested. Possibility of explosion is at 2%. This was deemed an acceptable risk. Enjoy your new sleeping confines and new seating device. That is yours now. Have a fantastic day RED citizen. You deserve it."

FriendComputer's monitor slides horizontally back into the dull metal wall. Citizen Dave-5 found himself exceptionally happy. And not just because of the mandatory happy pills. He had been raised to RED clearance. No more INFRARED. No more constant non-voluntary sedation pills. It was like, for the first time in his life, he was able to think clearly, and he was happy about that.

His new RED clearance jumpsuit was much nicer than his old one. For one thing it didn't smell overwhelmingly of musty lawn-chairs. It also fit his body for the most part. A large improvement. And all it took was the finding of one little traitor. Just one. Fantastic. Imagine if he could catch more. Maybe he could achieve ORANGE clearance. Imagine how their ORANGE jumpsuits might smell or fit. Citizen Dave-5 had had a taste of the good life now. He was a RED! And so he decided he would keep climbing the clearance levels. So what if he was on his 5th clone? He could do it! He could ferret out more mutants and traitors. He could and he would. Dave-5 got to his feet heroically. FriendComputer's anthem chiming in his head. Dreams of glory, and even ULTRAVIOLET clearance, swimming through his mind. Dave-5's mildly comfortable seating device exploded removing his legs, and also a few other bits and pieces that he didn't wish to live without. Dave-5 got his wish. He died.

Almost instantly a swarm of small clean-bots came skittering along the floor and got to work. Within the minute everything was sparkling clean once more. A tube descended from the ceiling, and, with a satisfying Foompfh! noise, Dave-6 was ejected carefully onto his feet. Good as new. A pedestal came up from the floor with a single shiny red apple upon it. "We apologize for the accidental loss of your seating device. Here is a consolation prize." Said a soft, friendly voice. Dave-6 picket up the apple with glee and took a nice bite. This was his first real food. An actual apple. That was more than worth the loss of his seating device. He would eat real food every day if he climbed the clearance levels. And so it was decided. And Dave-6 began his journey to climb the clearance levels.

ABOUT THIS

Spoiler

IDENTIFICATION FORMS

Spoiler

RULES OF VEGA COMPLEX

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 25 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Had a good laugh reading this, FriendComputer sounds like such a swell friend.

Anywho, does this mean Okahame Sunrise is dead (due to our slow ass posting) or this will be like something to do while waiting (due to our slow ass posting)?

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

He is!

I'm happy to do both RP's. Okahame is going slowly there shouldn't be any problems. I just kinda felt like doing some more RP stuff and it's pretty quiet lately so I thought I'd try my hand at this. :3

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Where do we start off clearance level wise? Is the secret stuff available immediately?

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

You start off RED.

Secret stuff is immediate yes. It's called secret stuff because it's secret from other players. Though, if they wish to take a peek then well... hopefully they don't get caught. If you get caught you pay the price for treason. And that price is Death. FriendComputer is always watching. :3

I shall also be giving out secret notes and such in a similar fashion during the RP if this gets going. Sometimes PM's too maybe, if the secret is too high clearance to risk the whole party being traitors. Disclaimer: Notes may or may not be secret. Notes may or may not be useful. Notes may or may not be cat pictures

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 23 September 2016 - 04:46 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Hoorayy, long live FriendComputer!

"You will actually get points which you can spend at any time to try and help or hinder the actions of anyone or anything in sight. "

I'm just curious, but once this RP gets Rollin' will you list the points needed to do a certain interference or whatever in the Update/OOC when the time comes to potentially screw someone (literally or figuratively)? Like, a general list of how many points a certain task (way to use points) and/or things that sound similar? Or is it something we ask in OOC and/or PM and you tell us how many points it'd cost us?

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

There won't be a list of specified actions and costs. You'll just say you want to try and make something happen with your Magical Friendship Powers, then it costs a point. The thing may or may not happen. If you want to throw more points at it you can make it more likely. If you want to be more specific: 'I want X to fail at Y causing Z to happen.' You'll probably want to throw more points in too. But if you just want something to go wrong at some point with a thing, less points if probably fine. There's always the chance I might do something for free if I enjoy the idea too.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷
Even the RPs are becoming competitive now? What would a non-competitive pacifist like me do? D:

*furiously follows thread*

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila
Spiffy.

Reminds me of Happy We Few.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Even the RPs are becoming competitive now? What would a non-competitive pacifist like me do? D:

*furiously follows thread*

There is no competition! Merely happy troubleshooters doing good wholesome jobs for FriendComputer. Competition is often a path that leads to treason. And that path ends badly. That's why FriendComputer outlawed competitiveness, for the safety of all!

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 24 September 2016 - 12:33 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

It's sad that no one is making CSs for this. I myself have never found the time to make one. : O

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

I'm a conservative person, so I don't feel like being the one to pop this RP's cherry >.<

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

:C

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 07 October 2016 - 03:53 PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

If you insist..

(is it possible for me to have a #2 clone straight away tho?)

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Wanted to crazy loli but this will do

Spoiler

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

If you insist..

(is it possible for me to have a #2 clone straight away tho?) [Yes. Citizens are assigned a limited number of clones. Citizens tend to go through their allocated Clone Allowance at a surprisingly fast rate. A rate that would even surprise me, your friendly FriendComputer, if such a thing were possible. More clones can be bought or earned through honourable, loyal, non-traitorous and exemplary service.]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Congratulations of the submission of you Identification Forms Citizens. FriendComputer has read, deleted, re-read, archived, re-deleted , re-formatted, re-written and re-plied in a most hasty manner. You will now officially be Upgrafted to [RED] Level Security Clearance. Additionally you will be given the Job Title, [Troubleshooter]. Have a Happy Day!

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 08 October 2016 - 03:05 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I honestly wasn't sure if the whole 'registering as a mutant Yes/No' thing was regarding whether you'll have a mutant power or not or if it mattered considering FriendComputer is paranoid AF and would probably kill everyone in the future anyways. Lol

I guess it's too late to change it to 'no', eh? Was going to have her play off her mutant powers by taking advantage of FriendComputers Paranoia/insanity by convincing him that she is his kin that he (never had) had forgotten (for laughs since obv FriendComputer is a computer thus impossible) and thus much superior than the 'average citizen' or something. rofl

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Hey, if you wanna spend some time trying to convince him of that you can go for it. :3

Maybe you'll end up with a robot body or something if you convince him. Who knows? Not me. Only FriendComputer would know.

Note that I, FriendComputer, am not easily fooled by mere [RED] Level Citizens. FriendComputer knows all, after all.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Looks like I need to save up my friendly points then!

One day, they shall be bffs, surely.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

[Were you lying to FriendComputer when you chose [YES] on the previous question? This seems highly suspect Citizen.]

We can choose no? Or do I need to make one after all? XD

That English though..

Spoiler