Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion [Spoiler Alert]

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
So far so good, and the art is freaking amazing. 3 new Abyssal Ones come into play and I'm guessing the team of Claymore from outside should be arriving soon. I'm also wondering how strong Raki actually is and if he comes into play anytime later.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
lol yeah really want to see Raki. hmm but what I'm wondering more about is, well... what do you guys think this will all end with?
Personally I don't think it will end at all hmm, because I simply think that it will continue on till there is no author to write anymore.
I mean even if all that about the current land will come to an end wouldn't they just take it to the big continent with who knows how much content? this seems beyond me...
Posted Image
Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well if they kill the people that "made" them, then there won´t be any abys ones or whatever that is in the big continent. yeah, in the big continent there is war, but they probably won´t care for it, I mean they just want their peacefull life´s.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
are you really sure about that? how could you trust a continent that used you as an experiment to leave you alone ? i for sure would not... (neither north no south)

Edit: even if not they will just be attacked and then forced to fight back, a golden rule is you don't create a world if you don't explore it. If they truly had been destined to stop after stopping the organisation, why would the author even have bothered making another continent, we simply have wouldn't need to know.

Edited by roaringrain, 04 December 2011 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
yeah, but who can kill them? the organization is now bringing back dead solders that where strong to fight the current one, so who could kill them if they win against them?

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
hmm, who said that the abyssal ones are even that strong, we know that the organisation was researching a new type of weapon, that doesn't mean they don't have any other weapons nor that the other Region in the continent isn't developing something even more terrifying.
Posted Image
Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well we could both be right, only time will tell xD

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Indeed but perhaps we could get closer to the truth by discussing some more think i'll re-read some of claymore someday to find a few examples (perhaps) in one of the following days :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
My question is what actually determines the power level of an abyssal one.... I mean Cassandra is only #1 not because of strength,speed,yoma perception/manipulation, but solely through the effectiveness of her technique, otherwise her ability as a claymore is only #4 or 5. Does that ability somehow determine how strong she is when she's awakened?

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
most likely her technique isn't really lost when she turns into an awakened being, but her strength rises as normal, possibly she might also be faster to ''master her new powers'' thereby also having an advantage in her new form but you can't really be sure. :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Roxanne commented on how her characteristic as "dust eater" remained as an awakened being, can't tell if that's a coincidence or not.... probably is.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I am sure next chapter will be really good, now that the "gang" is back^^

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
When was the next chapter ever not good. <.<

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Wow, OP much. Hysteria's speed seem to make her far superior to even Isley.
And I think #1 is based on overall and ability to kill yoma/awakened being, and after awakening everything gets a boost i.e. str goes from A to S, technique stays at SS but gets more effective due to being supplemented by her speed etc. + multiple attacks.

Also, Awakening seems to give different claymores different boosts, so it might not be an even boost.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
......An awakened being gets a boost of their physical abilities, what else are you actually implying.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts

My question is what actually determines the power level of an abyssal one.... I mean Cassandra is only #1 not because of strength,speed,yoma perception/manipulation, but solely through the effectiveness of her technique, otherwise her ability as a claymore is only #4 or 5. Does that ability somehow determine how strong she is when she's awakened?

well claymores are assigned territories and no.1 gets the most dangerous territory so I think #1 is given based on their ability to kill yoma. Assume Cassandra's every stat is B, with technique at S. after awakening, base stats improve to A, with technique remaining at S, but gains ability to multi-attack. But because her base stats go up, the effectiveness of her technique improve as well even though there was no actual rise in the stat itself (i.e. the supplements to the technique improved). So those base stats (ability that you mentioned in your post) do affect how strong she is.

however for hysteria, her boosts appear to be something like base stats at B with speed at S. after awakening, her attack became S, speed became SSS and everything else would be A. So boosts for awakening beings differ for each claymore. then compare hysteria and cassandra and you can see that their boosts are different.

that's just an estimated example of what I think is sort of going on for the awakened beings. And, abyssal one is actually loosely defined as any ex-no.1 who has awakened. on another note, I think Teresa can easily slaughter any of those 3 abyssal ones 1 on 1, her base stats appear to be something along the lines of S in everything before activating any yoma power...(Irene's flash sword easily reaches rank S or SS in speed, yet Teresa can block it all w/o using even changing eye color)
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

666Shinigami666

666Shinigami666

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Locationover your head
I hope Clare will appear in the next chapter (somehow)
it would be funny to see the expressions of the 3 abyssal one´s
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I hope Clare will appear in the next chapter (somehow)
it would be funny to see the expressions of the 3 abyssal one´s

I don´t think she will appear in the next chapter, because all the girls are working together and found a way how to defeat that abys one.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
We're not even sure of how both Clare and Priscilla are going to turn out...... it's unlikely for them to come out any time soon.

gopackgo555

gopackgo555

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Locationoc
awwwww i feel like I've been waiting for 5 years to get back to claire!!! i can't wait to see what happened with her and it looks like well finally get an answer to what she put in her(theresa's head)