Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What did you learn today?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

There's a saying that you learn something everyday.  Well, let's put that to the test.  Post anything that you learned whether it be educational or common (ex. friend getting married).

----------------------------------------

Learned a few useful techniques on the gimp application.  The cloning tool being one of them.

Posted Image

Video Game Development | Manga Scanlations

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
I like this topic!

Learnt that I should not delay completing my homework (even though I have time) under the pretext that the deadline is too far away. :/

Also learnt Aegisub karaoke templating and made a somewhat fancy effect.

Edited by sjoe, 31 August 2016 - 04:11 AM.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

I learned today that sjoe likes this topic and shouldn't delay completing his homework under the pretex that the deadline is far away anyway. I also learned that sjoe learned Aegisub karaoke templating and made a somewhat fancy effect.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I learned that Kokai likes to learn about things about sjoe... good luck dude

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

I learned my mom prefers my driving over her neighbor's.

Edited by Final_Boss, 31 August 2016 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

I learnt that a missing apostrophe can change the meaning of a sentence from being a simple opinion about someone's driving, into an approval of their children running their neighbours over in cars.

Edited by sjoe, 31 August 2016 - 08:59 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

There is a bit of debate growing over the racist third verse of the US national anthem so I was listening to other countries national anthems.

I decided to listento to the le marseilles and read the lyrics was like "And the soldiers came and slit the throats of our sons and our female companions...To arms, citizens!"  Wow these are some really bold lyrcis for a national anthem of o_O

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

I learned there's a website that lets you extract text from images.  This will really come in handy for translating manga.

Posted Image

Kusunoki

Kusunoki

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 360 posts

I learnt that a person whom I thought of as a friend is actually a very irresponsible person who would abandon his duties even though he's practically the leader of the entire project.

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

I learned the importance of traps on MHFU.

Posted Image

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there
I'm learning how to make solar panels and battery banks.  I can't install them in my apartment unfortunately, so plan B is to make a bunch of them and sell them on ebay.  Once I make enough money, I'll buy some property and a couple 20' shipping containers then make a house.  It'll probably look something like this:

242ybew.jpg

Posted Image

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

I learned that wearing makeup makes people honk at me :/

keep it in your pants, assholes

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

SNMS6

SNMS6

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationBogor , West Java , Indonesia

I learned that we need to keep our foot warm in order to get some quality sleep and wake up healthier and earlier ...

20801.jpg

19.jpg

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

TIL that (amurican) selfie addicts have no idea how to pose as a t-rex.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Ms.sheep

Ms.sheep

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCA
What I learned today
The infamous yet not widely thought of STD gonorrhea could one day put an end to humanity, it is becoming a superbug meaning it is becoming untreatable(not responding to medication), with gonorrhea having a side effect of making reproduction impossible for men and women. Many don't get treated and many don't even show symptoms spreading this STD(sex not being the only way to contract it). If everyone got this untreatable disease and no one could reproduce, no more people. Though it would not happen for a very very long time it is still possible..In case you were wondering.

"All hope abandon, ye who enter here."

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

I learned that Ben Stein made a documentary that defends intelligent design. I always assumed he was an atheist, so this came as a surprise.

Edit: I also learned that scientists discovered organic matter on the planet Ceres. It wasn't carried over by comets either, its origins lies underneath the planet itself. This is exciting news since it is now official that the building blocks of life are spread all across the universe and may have origins much earlier than recently thought.

Edited by Final_Boss, 22 February 2017 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

Ms.sheep

Ms.sheep

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCA

Today I learned about the Bamboo Union- Established in the 1950's it is Taiwan's largest crime organization with 68-88 branches and guessed to have over 100,000 members. Their reach can expand anywhere from Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Philippines, Mexico, Brazil, U.S.A and so on. They hold interests in, drug, guns, human trafficking, gambling, assassination, and most of all business and politics. When the former boss died over 20,000 people attended his funeral (mob bosses, gang members, politicians, singers, actors, 100s of Buddhists, and over 1,000 police officers to keep the peace between gangs) and his coffin was surrounded by rows of bamboo. Most of the former bosses left their millions/billions earned threw criminal activity to charity and most of the former bosses died of some type of cancer. In case anyone else was wondering!!

"All hope abandon, ye who enter here."

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there

I learned how to use numerous machines for cutting/drilling into certain metal.  It'll be useful when I start making my solar panel.

Posted Image

Metroxylon

Metroxylon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I learned how to do soil conservation from water erotion.

And that soil recovery is possible in critically damaged soil by doing a long and ardous process (It will take about +- 20 year).

Frankness is good, frankness is ma friend, frankness help mi undastand relationship. (Hick Citizen #1)

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
TIL not to order choco coffee with cookie bits if you're a straw biter.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |