Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anime discussion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal

I don't see a lot of activity over here but I'm down to discuss it if people here feel like it.

If not then where could I go to see others opinions about the anime episodes? Thanks.

Anyway, I'm loving it to bits and I only feel slightly worried about the pacing being too fast. I think it felt a bit rash on the latest one (6th ep).

Cheers

ProJFURY

ProJFURY

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I agree with you. The 6th episode felt rushed. They cut a sizable amount of dialogue, and crammed 3 council meetings into one, and other stuff. I hope they add in some of the stuff next episode. I still love the anime though. I just hope the rest of the anime isn't rushed to the degree ep 6 was. They added some news scenes in ep 6, but I hope they slow down the pace somewhat.

Edited by ProJFURY, 15 August 2016 - 11:53 PM.

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal

Yeah me too. I was thinking about this having to do with the length of this season and them having to reach a certain arc in the future but I have no idea how long it'll be... do you?

ProJFURY

ProJFURY

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Yeah me too. I was thinking about this having to do with the length of this season and them having to reach a certain arc in the future but I have no idea how long it'll be... do you?

It is heavily rumoured that there will be another season of 12 episodes, but If they adapt everything well they won't get farther than the Mogami arc I don't think. The chapters after Chapter 50, which is where the anime is probably going to end, start getting split into parts each somewhat equal to a normal <50 chapter. I really hope they don't chop their way through the arcs after the Scar Arc. The arcs after the Scar Arc are the best of the series, and Bones needs to do them justice.

Edited by ProJFURY, 16 August 2016 - 05:20 AM.

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal

What's your opinion on this last episode term for Mob's emotion between animosity vs hostility? The latter sounds cooler but I guess it isn't an emotion..

ProJFURY

ProJFURY

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Animosity literally translates to strong hostility. It doesn't really matter. The anime has been going great so far. Honestly, everything else makes up for the stuff they cut, and even so, they only cut some stuff from ep 6. Every other episode has been fine. The manga seems to tell you everything to your face, but the anime challenges you to look deeper and find the things the manga would just blatantly tell you. Neither is best than the other in my opinion. They both have their own pros and cons. I'm still loving the anime, and I hope BONES keeps up the amazing animation and adaptation! 

Edited by ProJFURY, 03 September 2016 - 01:03 AM.

cAPS_lOCK

cAPS_lOCK

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

I'm really excited for the end of the Scar arc. I love the flashiness and intensity they're putting into the animation, even on simple things like Reigen's flashy movements when he's trying to show off or save face. I am disappointed that they cut a lot from the student council arc, because I really liked that part off the manga; Ritsu's envy of his brother's powers and his turn to corruption seemed much more gradual in the manga.

PR - RedHawkScans

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal

Another thing that I noticed from the start but never commented until now, is the intro bit where Reigen eats something that tastes bad. Along with the broccoli imagery behind we can all assume what it was and what was being foreshadowed ;) Nice detail from the team there.

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal

Haven't got the chance to talk much about the anime but I hope they didn't cut the dimple and stubble story! Although it was inserted as an omake so it might not see the light of day this season.. perhaps as an ova.