Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Foreign viewers of Naver's webtoons outnumbered Koreans !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

whatever3004

whatever3004

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVirtual World of a certain MMORPG

Here is the news article.

If this is true, then I'm really confused, why don't they hire even a decent translator for one of their most popular webtoon :/

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts

Do they make money from LINE?

JFfDYT6.jpg

Spixel

Spixel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

Wow that is awesome.

@BoldChild, you mean the creators? If i remember correctly they do, somewhere in an interview they said they pay them $2000 per month and also more if it's viewed. 

Here copied that part:

DC: As I understand it from looking at Webtoons site, you can be paid for you webcomic. How does that work and what is the Challenge League?

Mr. Kim: This is correct! We are excited to offer opportunities to artists to become a partnered artist with LINE Webtoon. We’ve been doing this consistently for 11 years in Korea with artists and are excited to offer the same opportunity now here in the U.S. and around the world. We are always looking for the best and brightest cartoonists and webcomic artists to join our LINE Webtoon platform, where we can offer ongoing monthly payments to our official artists starting at $2,000 a month with the potential to make much more.

Link: http://www.comicbastards.com/comics/an-interview-with-junkoo-kim-creator-of-line-webtoon

Edited by Spixel, 26 September 2016 - 11:21 AM.