Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Father? and other questions and concerns

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

I have many questions. Feel free to post your own questions too. 

Is she single? Who is the father? So many questions. 

Most animals don't form partner relations in parenting. Sometimes only the Mother, or sometimes the father raise the young. 

From What I can gather, since the baby is breastfed, she likely gave live birth and didn't lay an egg. Some Animals like certain cockroaches and fish which aren't mammals can also give live birth and produce something like breast milk. Just because she is part dragon doesn't mean the species specifically lays eggs. 

rozzak

rozzak

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
She has a wedding ring. My thoughts are he's either some ultra strong type like the guy in t-rex kanojo, and he's out fighting some demon lord (probably has some noncommittal or playboy tendencies, since it's almost like she deliberately avoids thinking about him). Or he's just a shitty self-insert, scrawny, black hair, glasses, probably named Yamada or something...

Saihamaru

Saihamaru

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

how about no father?
demons can accumulate magical energy and then condense it to make offspring.... or something like that

WolfHikari

WolfHikari

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

how about no father?
demons can accumulate magical energy and then condense it to make offspring.... or something like that

I doubt it actually, considering she had the Wedding Ring like rozzak says.

What I wanted to know is where is he? Did he died for something? Where did he go?

Then suddenly, the father is the 1st person camera. Welp, that could be just anyone... (jk www)

rage bunny

rage bunny

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

The world concept also quite a mystery.

She said she stole food and water from human long time ago, demon is almost extinct, the mother and baby lives in remote place, they're in 'global age' where demon image is low (??), and a human the sister asks about direction seems afraid of her. Did the human and demon used to be in war? Also...

I'm curious about the compensation the mother need to pay for destroying toys shop. 

I hope the school girl is not her main benefactor.

Edited by rage bunny, 05 August 2016 - 07:21 AM.

:batoto_001:

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha
the father is me... end of story...

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

I think the translation is just a little wonky at times, which makes things harder to understand in certain cases.

As far as demons and Lorem's situation go, I took it to mean this:

Demons and humans have a long history of conflict, and in modern times their numbers have now dwindled. Due to that, the remaining demons have decided to keep their heads down and not antagonize humans lest it "bring the hammer down on them" and they get wiped out. Especially in Lorem's case where she needs to raise her child, it would be counterproductive to go "kill all humans" in the area with Gospel at home. She would get hunted down and bring harm to her child.

It seems that while demons are sparsely populated now, they aren't a total unknown by humanity, so as long as you are law-abiding and don't stir the pot they leave the demons alone.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Does anyone think there will be some kind of "hero" who turns out to be the father?

I mean, the hero falling in love with the demon(lord) is some kind of trope if you think about it.

RedWings

RedWings

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrazil

I don't know, but he better have a very good reason to abandon his wife and baby.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Maybe he's dead? Maybe he was never told he became a father? Maybe he has another good reason to be absent and it just didn't come up because it would've been infodumping?

Maybe the author wanted to make a mother&baby-son story with the twist of both of them being demons and didn't care at all about the father?

Just because he's not there one shouldn't assume he's secretly (or not-so-secretly) Hitler.

For all we know She could've just found the baby in one of the villages she destroyed when she was still rampaging.

Maybe SHE is the monster in this story, having slaughtered a random settlement and kidnapped the sole survivor on a random whim^^

yuriym21

yuriym21

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

No, in chapter 19 when chiharu found her, she was pregnant with the kid. The kid is definitely hers.

For all we know She could've just found the baby in one of the villages she destroyed when she was still rampaging.

Maybe SHE is the monster in this story, having slaughtered a random settlement and kidnapped the sole survivor on a random whim^^

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Okay, but considering that we don't know how demon pregnancy works it is still a possibility, even if it is a infinitessimally small one.

(I'm saying that because of that one WN setting that comes to my mind when I think about demons and pregnancy. I forgot the title, but the gist of it was that the protagonist had a demoness as mother and went out to gather the ultimative harem, like no other protagonist ever did before. It was apparently so harem-y, that even the protagonist's own mother decided to sleep with him or at least become a member of his harem. As a result, the author had to find a way to avoid the incest issue and continued to bend him-/herself into a pretzel, spinning a yarn about how the demoness found the protagonist as a small child/baby who was about to die and decided to take him into her body, thus re-borning him as her son-yet-not-son. She basically un-birthed the human baby and carried him to term. And now they're mother and son, yet not, just to ensure that nothing stands between the protagonist and his newest, bonable harem member. Except maybe a boner...)

PS: I never read the WN in question, only checked a discussion forum for it. It's also been quite some time since then, so my memories of the series may be inaccurate. Anyway, my point was that if the author wants to, a pregnant demon can always not be what it appears to be... ;)

Kapten-N

Kapten-N

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSweden

*Something* *something* unbirth

THAT'S MY FETISH!

I mean... I need more info on this. For... um... science.

Fetish science.

Kamo7293

Kamo7293

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I don't know if anyone responded but in the latest chapter
Spoiler