Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The more he fights it, the worse it gets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

I am of the opinion that the reason why he is doing so poorly is because he is fighting it. It may become a distraction, but if he embraces it instead of fighting it, he wouldn't be as stressed. The moment he stops being at war with himself and embrace it, I swear his test scores will go up. Of course, that might also spell the end of the series. 

Edited by lygarx, 29 July 2016 - 07:10 AM.

ExceleXodusKurokami

ExceleXodusKurokami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

I partially agree with that statement, but he is also underestimating his opponent. Amano clearly likes him and is purposely sabotaging him after a certain chapter, or at least we know she has been actively doing so since the picture chapter. She waited over half an hour and claimed she had just gotten out of class, just to meet him. I believe that this has been a continuing trend since they started school. There is also no way she didn't know which picture she chose to send. She did it on purpose, knowing he wouldn't delete it and that he would agonize over it all night long.

As for her flashing him and such, I also believe that is intentional. She wouldn't be half as respected as she is if she were like that all the time. So, aside from her not being too smart, something I think she is exaggerating so she increases how much time they spend together, all of her behaviour is planned.

Quite simply, he is facing down a novice manipulator who is in love with him and has no troubel stacking the deck in her favor. (Yes, there was pun intended)

wtrmute

wtrmute

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I am of the opinion that the reason why he is doing so poorly is because he is fighting it. It may become a distraction, but if he embraces it instead of fighting it, he wouldn't be as stressed. The moment he stops being at war with himself and embrace it, I swear his test scores will go up. Of course, that might also spell the end of the series. 

He might, but if he "stops fighting it", as you put it, why would he need to go to Toudai in the first place? He'd be better off going to a local University that would accept her on a sports scholarship, if such things exist at University level in Japan).

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

As we can see in the recent chapter with the mock exams, when he embraced the good memories of Megumi he was able to do well on the exams or at least complete them.