Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Looking for Chinese>Eng translators! [Saiko+]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Hello everybody. Yes, another recruitment thread in announcements, meaning it's official translation recruitment.

==========================

Saiko+, a new social network for anime, comic, game and cosplay, will be publishing several manhua in English and they need your help!

Batoto and Saiko+ app for mobile will be the official platform for publication of these titles. They will launch completely free of charge!

This is a volunteer translation position and may change to a paid position at a later date.

Titles needing translators immediately are: (English in brackets)

• 南北兄弟 (Nan&Bei)
    Author: imakuf (imakuf)
  • 黄雀传 (The Golden Sparrow)
    Author: 一淳 (Yi Chun)
  • 绅士与山猫 (Gentleman VS Bobcat) 
    Author: 喜儿tata (Xier tata)
  • 绑起来Tie Up (Tie Up
    Author: 2y
  • 室友今天又没吃药 (My Roommates Forgot Their Meds) 
    Author: -NUONO
  • 你好呆毛君 (Hello, Cowlick) 
    Author: 裴洛洛洛洛 (Pei Luoluoluoluo)
  • 送快递这件破事儿 (Delivery Boy Debacle
    Author: 阿禁 (A Jin)
  • 关于强吻再邂逅 (It Started With a Kiss) 
    Author: 白花五色 (Baihua Wuse)
  • 三打白骨精 (The White Demon) 
    Author: 烽云传媒 (firewin)
  • 欢迎来到三次元!
  • 怕丢日记
  • 火车先生
  • 猫狐脑
  • 前进!秋秋公主!
  • 血族王冠

With more titles to come in the future.

To apply, please send your application to: [email protected]

Formal resume is not necessary, but please be sure to add contact information, your past experience in translating and qualifications.

==========================

Thank you, for reading this recruitment.

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Too bad my Chinese is not so good.

Featured Projects:

- Lady Ayane is a Sanova B**chi

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Buy Me a Coffee [link here]
Become a Patron! [link here]
Send some bitcoin (too expensive) satoshi? 1KjFCmpFiXDBLL6RwKJGkDhaQwe9JMx6nf

zz2crazy

zz2crazy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Too bad my Chinese is not so good.

Hey Aoitenshi1, if you know anyone and kindly recommend to us. It would be very helpful :)

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWherever there is Internet

I love it when companies do this. Harnessing the raw power of scanlators to create official translations. Yes! Too bad I'm not Chinese lol

zz2crazy

zz2crazy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I love it when companies do this. Harnessing the raw power of scanlators to create official translations. Yes! Too bad I'm not Chinese lol

Thanks dijon. Forgot to metion that the translator or scanlation group name will be credit too. 

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Literally... some companies should just get in touch with bigger scanlation groups. Pay them monthly and churn out qaulity stuff...

SOMETIMES here in germany. The transaltion done by fan's... is better then the official ones ... (ohh no ... most at the times, it is like that).

As the translators are paid people with no interest in manga and anime often ... atleast by two of the bigger companies.

They mistranslate stuff or plainly rip it appart and make something else with it.

It's not like fan subbers and translators are perfect.

Some groups make me want to strangle them ...

When i understand the japanese on the text shown is completly out of context and WRONG .. i get the cringe to hit an translator ... Sometimes maschientranslation doesnt cut it.

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
This looks interesting; I'll be keeping an eye on this matter.

That said, I wish you all the best on your search for the translators and further running of the social network.

iTwixie

iTwixie

Potato

• Contributor
  • 174 posts
  • Locationservices are not available.

I would love to help, but most of them are yaoi, and the two that aren't yaoi are shounen action and shounen comedy. Sorry, but these kind of series don't interest me :/ If I'm not interested in it, I lose motivation to work on it.

Edit: Well, actually, I don't know if 你好呆毛君 is yaoi or not, I only read the first chapter, which only seems to be comedy/slice of life?

Edited by iTwixie, 21 July 2016 - 12:42 AM.

aae9147e34.jpg

zz2crazy

zz2crazy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I would love to help, but most of them are yaoi, and the two that aren't yaoi are shounen action and shounen comedy. Sorry, but these kind of series don't interest me :/ If I'm not interested in it, I lose motivation to work on it.

Edit: Well, actually, I don't know if 你好呆毛君 is yaoi or not, I only read the first chapter, which only seems to be comedy/slice of life?

Hi iTwixie, What type do you like? We are increasing our titles, if you have some titles in mind. Just shoot me a pm:) We can try to work it out. 

Literally... some companies should just get in touch with bigger scanlation groups. Pay them monthly and churn out qaulity stuff...

SOMETIMES here in germany. The transaltion done by fan's... is better then the official ones ... (ohh no ... most at the times, it is like that).

As the translators are paid people with no interest in manga and anime often ... atleast by two of the bigger companies.

They mistranslate stuff or plainly rip it appart and make something else with it.

It's not like fan subbers and translators are perfect.

Some groups make me want to strangle them ...

When i understand the japanese on the text shown is completly out of context and WRONG .. i get the cringe to hit an translator ... Sometimes maschientranslation doesnt cut it.

Yes, I agree. That's why we are looking for translator here. We believe people here with passions can do things right then those with no interests. And it's always fun to work people with same interests too.

AkiNoKaze

AkiNoKaze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I've checked out their app and found that they actually have quite a lot of manhua and manga (many of the tls are so bad that they seem machine translated). I wonder if they have any actual distribution rights from the original publisher to host the content there?

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Hey Aoitenshi1, if you know anyone and kindly recommend to us. It would be very helpful :)

Got it, I'll be on the lookout. Good luck.

I've checked out their app and found that they actually have quite a lot of manhua and manga (many of the tls are so bad that they seem machine translated). I wonder if they have any actual distribution rights from the original publisher to host the content there?

I guess that's how they thought of finding and recruiting better team for the translations. Although, your question should be directed to the publisher.

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

AkiNoKaze

AkiNoKaze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Although, your question should be directed to the publisher.

I'm not quite sure what you meant here. :batoto_014:

Aoitenshi1

Aoitenshi1

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

I wonder if they have any actual distribution rights from the original publisher to host the content there?

I am saying that you can ask zz2crazy directly about your doubt, instead of directing it to no one in particular.

Featured Projects:

- Raisekamika

Roses are red,

Lilies are awesome.

Won't you donate?

to aoitenshi.com

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts
I assumed zz2crazy planned to frequent this thread and answer any concerns or questions, hence direct addressing would be unnecessary. Unless they express the wish of being contacted privately on such matters, posting all such concerns on this thread would be wise as it could then also serve as a mini FAQ of sorts.

I'm sure that they will reply to every post that requires attention once they get back online. Patience is pretty much of essence on such matters.

zz2crazy

zz2crazy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi AkiNoKaze, Not all the titles are translated by us atm. And that's why some of the quality are out of control. It's also the reason we are recruiting here and trying to provide titles with best quality we could and so everyone could enjoy it more. :) And I believe you will find more titles to be uploaded and quality are also improved. If you guys has more concerns, you can also e-mail me at [email protected] for a faster response. 

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Added more titles to the main topic.

欢迎来到三次元!
怕丢日记
火车先生
猫狐脑
前进!秋秋公主!
血族王冠

English titles to be announced when decided.

serriatian

serriatian

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts

Two months late to the party but I'd still like to help!

I'm an American Born Chinese, lived in China for about 5 years as a child, have fluent conversational Chinese, my written/reading skills are probably somewhere between HSK 3 and HSK 4.  I'd like to ask about how fast you needs these translations done (as I'm currently in school) and whether or not there will be other team members for this effort.

Thank you!

IX0FbmT.jpg

funnuraba

funnuraba

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I think this post needs to be MUCH clearer that the app is in contact with the original artists; I had to do some digging to find a post from February that makes that clear.

The banner advertising this as exclusive "licensed" content also makes it sound like there's an official contract with the artist, and money is exchanging hands somewhere. That doesn't seem to be the case, since neither the translators or Batoto are receiving any payment, but it honestly makes this whole thing sound very fishy. A tiny social media app with a website that looks like this is not going to have the money to license all those manhua. If they did have legitimate licenses of commercial content, they wouldn't try to host that content on an illegal scanlation site. And if they were hoping to turn a profit (which they would have to do if they took the risk of licensing something) they would sink a little more into advertising than some free promotion by that same illegal scanlation site. This is unpaid translation of free webcomics (with permission), as far as I can tell, and that needs to be made clear.

The OP implies that this might become a paid job in the future, but to me that sounds very, very unlikely. This is a tiny app with almost no presence anywhere asking you to do unpaid work for them, and they're recruiting and advertising on a website that no legitimate company would want to associate with. If you translate for them, you're doing it to share the webcomics with an English-speaking audience, and that's all. This is not official or licensed content as those terms are used in the anime/manga community, by any stretch of the imagination.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

@funnuraba

Based on the knowledge I have, Saiko+ has received an official and exclusive license to publish those works in many markets, and Saiko+ has (currently) chosen to host those series here on Batoto, probably since they're a social mobile app and it isn't exactly built for manhua reading. Now idk if that deal is set in stone yet, but if it is it means that if some other site (like MF, MR.net, etc) uploaded copies of the files hosted here, or even fan scanlations not related to Saiko+, Saiko+ can legally send a DMCA takedown notice or take other legal actions against those sites (as comes with owning the official license to the content).

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Caek

Caek

Lief, Loev, Caek.

• Contrib Mods
  • 365 posts
  • LocationDiabetes
@funnuraba

Licensing is a legal term. It means that you have the actual rights to do such and such with intellectual property, per some agreement. Money is not integral to the process, but it may be involved.

You also have to understand that Batoto is fundamentally a site for comic translators themselves, which may explain why Saiko+ decided to go here to try and find volunteers.

Moreover, while your suspicion of the company itself is not unwarranted, you are fishy for this being your only forumpost, ehh? ^_^

From a translators perspective, at least you get raws and it's perfectly legal. While being paid would be nice, being a volunteer means that you can 1) walk away at any time and 2) translate as usual.

tl;dr - It's all in your head, friend. I don't even know what the problem is, apart from you having to do research about the particulars of this.

hMrVQCm.gif