Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A Kokoro No Kinu Lazy Update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Umedyn

Umedyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Hey all,

As you know, I have been going back through chapter 1 and fixing the mistakes I made there. It was taking a hell of a lot longer to fix a chapter 1 than it was to edit and release chapter 2 pages.

That all changes today. I switched up the way I was doing the pages. I realized that the problem with the chapter 1 pages was the pixel look they had. This was a mistake on my part early on. To fix this mistake, I was doing what I am doing to chapter 2, which is tracing over my own art with stroke lines, it cleans up the page and makes it easier. This was taking a lot longer to do with chapter 1 because I was erasing the underlines and making sure it looked pretty.

I found another fix to the pixel look problem, and quite a simple one, just use a blur filter on the pages. So I did. While the last few pages of the first chapter are not as polished as the rest of it, it does solve the look problems, making them look less… severe.

I will one day go back and totally redo the first chapter, and that may only be when I am done with this manga, but by doing this will allow me to work more on the future chapters, and I will be able to produce chapter 2 much faster now.

So you all can take a look at the fixed chapter 1 on the Kokoro No Kinu Page, and look forward to faster times on chapter 2 at least. Anyone with any questions comments and concerns can reach me in the many ways below

You can follow me on Twitter @umedyn, subscribe and check out my Youtube channel, and if you are feeling particularly generous, you can support my work (and my manga) on my Patreon page, and now check out my tumblr, which is mainly another sounding board for this blog. As an added bonus, I am now on Ask.fm, a site where you can ask me any question you want to ask, and no matter what, I’ll probably answer, I’m a glutton for punishment…

And now you can follow me on Facebook via the Umedyn page!

I will be uploading the fixed chapter 1 on Bato.to as well, don’t know when they will upload it, but I am also doing that today.

-Umedyn

cropped-prologue-page-2-3-21.png  -

Umedyn's original Yuri Manga link to Umedyn's Kokoro No Kinu page at Art Blog.

Bato.to page -> http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/kokoro-no-kinu-r18880

Umedyn's Art Blog - Were one can see all the pretty (and not so pretty pictures) Umedyn draws,and the rants and half-formed ideas inbetween!
Umedyn's Gallery - See the pictures not tied to Umedyn's manga