Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto mobile version, and errors?

Best Answer Halo, 04 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

You should be able to use cookies as always with the 'request desktop site' checkbox in chrome settings.

Just tested it myself and it works just fine. Settings > Privacy > clear browsing data. Then check the 'request desktop site' to be safe. 

Though honestly this shit shouldn't be a problem in 2016. Why there has to be a trap that makes this site unusable or dooms your browser data? And then we wonder why people use aggregators. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl
This just activated automatically while I was reading on my phone. I'm guessing this is the first debut of a mobile version of batoto because it's... buggy. I want to thank the developers behind batoto for thinking of implementing a system like this on the site. But i can't access my own or anyone's profiles, i cant read the home page, go back to the full version, browse anything besides the recently updated screen and forums... i mean like, some of these things i don't have the option for, and others i can't do because the buttons dont work. again, thank you for thinking of us who would benefit from a mobile platform, but is there any way i can just stick to the full, desktop version for now? Sorry to sound whiny :(

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts
> I want to thank the developers behind batoto for thinking of implementing a system like this on the site.
They didn't. It's just a standard feature of IPB that was never optimized for batoto, thus the bugs.

You'll have to clear cookies (browser data, look in your settings) to get back to desktop version.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Sorry to say this, but the mobile version is actually meant to be disabled.

The "mobile" site is a remnant of the forum software Batoto is built on top of (Invasion Power Board) and while Batoto's modifications (the home page, comic pages, etc) work great on the desktop version, the mobile version seems to be an entirely different codebase to IP.Board and thus doesn't integrate well. Due to an overwhelming amount of people stumbling upon this "feature" and reporting it as broken, Grumpy tried disabling it or at least keeping people from being able to click on it. It hasn't gone so well, unfortunately.

As for reverting back to the desktop version, you'll have to figure out how to delete the Batoto cookies you have on your mobile browser. You may have to delete ALL of your cookies (including logins to other sites) depending on the device/browser.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

> I want to thank the developers behind batoto for thinking of implementing a system like this on the site.
They didn't. It's just a standard feature of IPB that was never optimized for batoto, thus the bugs.

You'll have to clear cookies (browser data, look in your settings) to get back to desktop version.

Sorry to say this, but the mobile version is actually meant to be disabled.

The "mobile" site is a remnant of the forum software Batoto is built on top of (Invasion Power Board) and while Batoto's modifications (the home page, comic pages, etc) work great on the desktop version, the mobile version seems to be an entirely different codebase to IP.Board and thus doesn't integrate well. Due to an overwhelming amount of people stumbling upon this "feature" and reporting it as broken, Grumpy tried disabling it or at least keeping people from being able to click on it. It hasn't gone so well, unfortunately.

As for reverting back to the desktop version, you'll have to figure out how to delete the Batoto cookies you have on your mobile browser. You may have to delete ALL of your cookies (including logins to other sites) depending on the device/browser.

omg i'm so sorry thank you so much for your help!!!! i'll get to this when my phone is charged and then delete this thank you so much!!!!!

fixed + marked solved

edit: disabling worked, but i can't log in cause then i have to reactivate cookies, which then forces me back to the mobile version.

edit: went ahead and deleted all my chrome data, gonna try again when my login is unlocked xD

Edited by elixer, 04 July 2016 - 10:12 AM.

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts
✓  Best Answer

You should be able to use cookies as always with the 'request desktop site' checkbox in chrome settings.

Just tested it myself and it works just fine. Settings > Privacy > clear browsing data. Then check the 'request desktop site' to be safe. 

Though honestly this shit shouldn't be a problem in 2016. Why there has to be a trap that makes this site unusable or dooms your browser data? And then we wonder why people use aggregators. 

Edited by Halo, 04 July 2016 - 11:16 AM.

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

That was the solution. Thank you soosososo much!! I didn't even know there was a 'request desktop site' check. I think i love you dude.

It'd be great if this wasn't a problem but I dont want to give staff more work, and i have no idea how much work they would have with dealing with IPB to fix it.

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

ManthonyHiggs

ManthonyHiggs

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Requesting desktop site fid not work for me. If the mobile version is meant to be disabled why is there a link to it at the bottom? Very grustrating to have to clear my cookies because of this

Tgirl

Tgirl

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

I am also running into this problem. I've cleared the cookies and history. Set the site to desktop. It will still send me back to the mobile version of the forum with no way of getting out of there. ^__^; 

I did find one way to temporarily be out of this loop, but that's if you were reading a comic and accidentally ended up in the mobile forum. I just hit the back button and I'm back on the comic. However, if I'm not reading a comic, then, it goes back to the mobile forum loop. Thus, preventing me from even clicking on any comic even if I hit the back button.   (I do sign in via Twitter. However, by reading this thread, I guess it doesn't matter?) 

So, this mobile version has been existing since July?  It only started to affect my Chrome yesterday. Before that, I've been on the desktop site with no problems whatsoever.  I've been crossing my fingers that my mobile Chrome browser goes back to how it was two days ago. :D  Oh well. Will try different ways until I get the desktop version back. 

findy123456

findy123456

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Ahfinally