Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[IC] On Stranger Tides

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

OF0hk4R.jpg?1

It was an hour passed noon, but the sun was barely visible. Only storm clouds hovering above the lawless Port Razule could be seen. A wildlife symphony from the surrounding jungle echoed throughout the city. However, the bustling noise that came from it, easily muffled the melodic jungle sounds out. It was a cacophony of people arguing, laughing, and moving about, coupled with harsh sea winds and the ocean beating against its jagged, rock-filled shore. But what stood out above all the noise, was the voice of a single individual shouting.

In the town square, a brown-skinned behemoth of a man with scarred-eyes, stood atop a raised wooden platform. He paced back and forth for a moment, then looked over to the crowd that had formed around him. His hands met and a booming clap resonated from where he stood, grabbing everyone's attention in a heartbeat. One way or another, you have ended up among this crowd.

"Alright, this is the last time I'm asking!" He roared out, his powerful voice demanding attention. "I am, as all of you should know, Lazarus" 

Although Port Razule was a city that was familiar with pirates, most were made up of either greenhorns who sought to conquer the Grand Line or hasbeens who had returned and were destroyed by it. Those who held great infamy in their names, on the other hand, rarely made their way to the city of pirates.

"All of you know who Captain Kastro is, aye? Slimy, two faced bastard! Well, the cretin decided to go after the wrong man! Must be daft, the fool decided it'd be wise to sink one of my ships."

Whispers and murmuring had suddenly spurred up within the crowd. As Lazarus had said, Kastro definitely was well known. To some, he was a devious, treacherous villain who knew no limits. To others, the man was a hero and was praised as a force for good. Despite the controversy when it came to his reputation, one thing everyone could agree on was that he was sneaky, tricky, and sharp as a knife. He had just recently left for the Grand Line. Hearing his name being uttered just a week after he had left wasn't something the people of Port Razule had expected.

Unable to contain his irritation, Lazarus continued to shout again. "Hey, you lot! I'm not done speaking!" In an instant, all stood still and fell silent. Their hairs stood on ends as fear filled their bodies. "Now, as I was saying, Kastro wronged me! And, as is only reasonable, I want him brought to me to be dealt with properly. Or at least his corpse. Anyone who brings this coward to me will be rewarded with whatever you want! Treasure, ships, power!" He flashed a wicked grin which stirred up some excitement within the crowd.

"But! Any of you get in my way, harbor that worm, or so much as think of going up against my fleet, and I will make an example out of you! You'll be damned just as much as Kastro!" He scanned over the crowd once again, then turned and began walking away. A path opened up in the crowd as he got near; it was quite obvious that no one wanted to get on this man's bad side.

"Before I forget, if I don't have Kastro's head by dusk, Razule will burn to the ground." Lazarus let loose a boisterous laugh as he went on his way.

OOC: Everyone, thank you for your patience. Instead of focusing on your characters, I decided to create a plot that was not dependent on them. Its your choice if you want to involved in the story and influence it towards the ending you want or simply create a different tale all together. You're all free to do as you wish. If you do not want to be part of the crowd that had gathered, that's fine too. If you have any questions or clarifications regarding anything or if you would want some information regarding the characters, feel free to ask away in the OOC. Hopefully, I don't bore the lot of you with the things I come up with. Enjoy! 

Spoiler

Edited by Deviruchi, 21 June 2016 - 07:44 AM.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Orzo

Who's Kastro and why's he picking on blind people? 

Orzo thought to himself as he lay across a bench in the center square while people seemed to panic over this whole thing.  Clearly, these men involved were of some note but whatever they'd done to earn their reputations was unknown to him.  Did it even concern him?  This city would be destroyed or it would not.  This Kastro would turn up or he would not.  All of it felt inconsequential to him.  Orzo felt no pull to action.  Maybe he should leave.  That seemed sensible.  Not out of fear mind you. Orzo was not a man to bend beneath threats.  It was just a that getting caught up in another man's fight just sounded so very tiresome.

As Orzo's body began to sit up a series of loud popping sounds could be heard by those nearby as his bones creaked in protest after having locked in place while he lay there for hours.  Some spared a glance at the odd sounds but that was all and most not even that.  They had their own concerns at the moment after all.  Orzo for his part also paid them minimal mind as he made his slow trek towards the docks in no particular rush.  He figured a boat was best to aid in his departure.  He didn't have any money to pay them of course but that was something he'd deal with when he got there.  No meaning to fretting over the small details. They'd work themselves out before everything was said and done. 

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Han Some

This man was threatening Port Razule, the greatest port this side of the bay, and nobody was doing anything about it. It was unacceptable. The great Han Some would have to do something about it if nobody else would. Captain Kastro wasn't here. The town would be burned if nobody explained it. Han was the man with the plan. And he was the man to follow through with it. But he had to hurry, before Lazarus was gone. He barged his way through the crown and scrambled up onto the stage.

"Hold it right there buster!" Came a voice, piercing through the din of the crowd. A mixture of horrified inhales and truly depressed groans came from people within the crowd nearby. Han was up on the wooden platform Lazarus had been on. Han had the opposite thought to everyone around him. This couldn't end badly, he thought with a smile. There was no way for this to go wrong at all. And so Han was up on stage doing a pose, and he was doing a really quite spectacular pose. It was one he'd been working on for a while. He didn't think it was quite done yet, but it was one of those ones where you have a hand half covering your face. "First, introductions! My name is Han. Han Some. It's nice to meet you. Now, I'm pretty sure I speak for all of Port Razule here," He thought that maybe he heard some noises among the crowd at this point. He couldn't make out what they were, but he knew for a goddamned fact that they were definitely agreeing with him. And rightfully so, they should be giving this Lazarus man a piece of their mind too. He'd let them come up onto his stage after him and speak their mind. That would be nice. He was glad his magnificent speech was getting through to them. "So you can trust me when I say that the mighty hero Captain Kastro is not here anymore! He's off to adventure in parts unknown! Incredible places within the Grand Line! So we would like very much for you to get the hell out of here you bum! We like our town not-burned thank you very much, and the man you're after isn't here!"

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

If it was any typical pirate, most wouldn't even worry, but since it was Lazarus, it was only natural to take his words seriously. His statements were far from being blind threats. His exploits throughout his life at sea could definitely backed up his infamy. Several years ago, there were rumors of a rookie pirate who had rushed to the Grand Line with dreams as large as the Four Seas. Unfortunately, his recklessness and lack of experience had cost him his crew and his eyesight. He was then never heard of again; his name, along with many others, were simply buried by the raging waves of the sea. Holding true to its name, the Grand Line was certainly a Pirates' Graveyard.

Several years after, stories of a single pirate wielding supernatural capabilities were spreading across the Four Blues. His name was Lazarus, and even without his eyes, the number of islands he had pillaged and plundered were staggering and only continued to increase as time went by. He turned into an unstoppable force with hundreds of followers by his side. Foolish bounty hunters and unfortunate marines could attest to his strength; they stood no chance against him and his fleet.

The day he set sail for the Grand Line was a dream-like blessing to many. His sudden return, however, was definitely going to be a nightmare.

------

The announcement made by Lazarus forced the citizens of Port Razule into a panic. Some were considering to go against him while others had started their search for a man who could possibly not even be on the island. The rest had decided to not get themselves involved and rushed to the piers in hopes of escaping. Even though they knew that the place they called home was going to be turned into ashes, what most held more valuable were their lives.

Women and children from all over the city flocked towards the docked ships around Port Razule, but it was the pirates and criminals who were first to board them. It was their life before anyone else's. Honestly, this should not have surprised anyone. Dozens of ships tore through and forced themselves through the rough waves and harsh winds. Their will to survive and efforts to escape with their lives were commendable to say the least, but ended up being absolutely useless in the end.

The sound of cannons being fired were coming from all directions. One after another, the ships that had just set sail, were left helpless from the bombardment that they were receiving. Focused on escaping, they had left their guards down for far too long; when they realized what was happening, it was too late. Several ships were already taking in water while the others had been engulfed in flames. The only choice they had was to abandon their ships and head back to Port Razule. Apparently, escape wasn't an option.

Those that had opened fire on the fleeing ships drew closer and were finally visible to those still at the piers of Port Razule. All of them bore flags with the same jolly roger; a caricature of their captain along with his iconic scarred eyes and massive grin. 

"It...it can't be. No wonder his name seemed familiar." One pirate said in disbelief as he took a step backward before falling on his rear. Pale and stricken with fear, he couldn't believe his eyes. "Those..those are the ships of Lazarus....leader of the pirate armada."

------

"Hold it right there buster!" 

Someone actually had the courage to speak up to Lazarus. It appeared that the crowd didn't think this was the wisest of decisions. Resounding gasps were heard all around as most of the onlookers started to panic even more. They wanted to tackle Han to the ground and stop him from saying something that they would all regret. They didn't though, because they could not. Fear had overcame them and the tension that was building up didn't make the situation any better.

Lazarus' ears had twitched before slightly turning his head. Although blind, it was as if he wanted to catch a glimpse of the brave soul who had called his attention.

"First, introductions! My name is Han. Han Some. It's nice to meet you. Now, I'm pretty sure I speak for all of Port Razule here."

The gasping of the crowd were louder and deeper than before as sweat started to trickle down their bodies. All of them had one thing on their minds; Han was going to get all of them killed.

"So you can trust me when I say that the mighty hero Captain Kastro is not here anymore! He's off to adventure in parts unknown! Incredible places within the Grand Line! So we would like very much for you to get the hell out of here you bum! We like our town not-burned thank you very much, and the man you're after isn't here!"

Lazarus had heard enough. He cared not for Han or for what he said, but honestly, Lazarus found him quite amusing. What began as a mild chuckle, continued to become louder, turning into boisterous laughter. However, it didn't stop there. It became ear-splitting and possibly, even deafening. Even with their ears covered, most fell to the ground, unable to withstand Lazarus' laughter. Glass started breaking and even buildings began to take damage. 

"Kehahaha! Sorry about that." Lazarus said as he quieted down, wiping off the tears from his eyes. "Han was it? You've got jokes, boy. I like you."

Lazarus enjoyed and knew how to appreciate well constructed comedy. For him, Han wasn't just funny-looking; he was definitely a pro. All his frustrations had vanished and he owed it all to one man. He knew of only one way to show his gratitude.

"Come with me! Instead of searching for that bastard, join me for some drinks! Kehahaha!"

With their mouths agape, everyone who witnessed the strange series of events, just remained silent. Although not successful, Han managed to put Lazarus in a good mood. That counts for something, right?

Edited by Deviruchi, 22 June 2016 - 05:31 AM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Vaska

Vaska had arrived in Port Razule just one week ago. The island certainly was not a good fit for him. The people were loud and violent, he was nearly robbed fourteen different times, and people kept making fun of the mask he wore, telling him it didn't make him look cool. That last part really stung. Even so, when Lazarus threatened to burn down the city, Vaska felt an indignant rage bubble up in his chest--who did this guy think he was? For what it's worth, Vaska thought he was a big jerk.

Still, when someone threatens to burn down a city, prudence is the correct option. Vaska decided to slink through the crowd and head for the docks, sneaking away clandestinely before the storm. It was really quite a clever plan. Unfortunately, about half the city was as clever as Vaska, and they made a rough bee line for the port. Vaska stumbled weakly through the throng for a short time, before a man's shoulder came crashing into his own, knocking him off his feet and into a woman with a shield. The insects in his shoulder were flying about in a rage. The man yelled back a hurried "Get out of my way, kid" as he ran by.

"Sorry, I'm sorry," Vaska said to the woman he had crashed into. It probably would not have been a big deal--Vaska was very slight, and much of his weight was comprised of insects--if not for the fact that several insects spilled out from behind his mask as he fell, which now crawled all over the girl's shield and armor. "Ahhh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Vaska shouted as he saw them. With a mental command, the bugs flew back to him, crawling back to the hive from behind the mask.

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Doran and Mirana

Port Razule was hell on the cheap. Only with more beggars, thieves, and, of course, pirates. It was a place of wild abandon, wild hope, wild despair, everything in at extremes and nothing in moderation, dreams trodden into the muck and new ones sucked from bottles to be vomited up and trodden down in turn. A place where the strange was commonplace and the ordinary bizarre, and death might be tomorrow so you'd best have all your fun today.

"It could be worse," Doran chimed.

Mirana was trying to imagine worse. A parade of crazed expressions reeled at them through the littern-strewn streets. Faces fit for some nightmare stage show. A demented carnival permanently in town. "King Doran," she said, "These wretches aren't fit to aid you. You need -"

"What I need, is revenge." Doran cut her off with the airy wave of his hand. "And what I have is this spear...and you. Not a bad start, all things considered, but far from enough."

He paused to watch two drunk men beat each other bloody near the docks. "Besides, I think these wretches are exactly the type of people I need. Do you see all these pirate ships in the harbor? I heard they all belong to one man. Lazarus the Blind they call him. But if he were to be taken out of the picture, then perhaps all these ship captains can be persuaded to pledge their allegiance to someone else."

Mirana frowned. "My King, as you said, we're only two. Even if you were to defeat this Lazarus, how do you know his men would even -"

"Sorry, I'm sorry." Someone bumped into her. A young man, she thought, though it was hard to tell, and it was hard to pay attention to his face when a swarm of insects was crawling all over her weapons and armor. She gave a shrill scream.

Mirana's military training didn't prevent her from being freaked out by a sudden swarm of insects. Instantly, and without realizing her strength, she tossed her shield aside. It grew 10 times in size and crashed into a nearby building, crushing several feet of stone before embedding itself into wall. If her screaming didn't gather a crowd of onlookers, that certainly did.

"Ahhh! Sorry, I'm sorry!" the boy apologized nervously as the swarm of insects flew at him and seemed to...gather into his face. It took a lot to shake Mirana, but that did the trick. She gave a small shudder watching that scene unfold. She quickly turned to look at Doran, making sure he was safe. Rather than being rattled, he had that usual sly smile on his face.

"How interesting!" Doran said to the man in the mask. "Could that be a devil's fruit curse? Just like Mirana..."

A moment of silence passed, but Mirana didn't like the look in Doran's eye. That look always spelled trouble for her. Doran unraveled the cloth that covered Impetus which he had been carrying on his back. The ornate spear shined brightly in crimson and gold, reflecting the sunlight. Without any warning Doran charged at the masked man, thrusting forward with his spear.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Vaska

Vaska hoped with all his might that the woman was okay with bugs. Some people were, and who was to say that she couldn't be one of them? She had a shield and a spear--a warrior!

But, no, she screamed. She screamed very loudly and broke a stone building with her shield, and Vaska dared for a moment to think what that same shield could do to his body. The thought chilled him.

"How interesting!" the man next to the woman said. "Could that be a devil's fruit curse? Just like Mirana..."

Vaska looked about nervously and began to tell the man that yes, it was in fact a devil's fruit curse, but all that came out was a shrill scream as the man charged at him with a spear. It made sense: to him, it must have looked like he had attacked his friend. And as Vaska had learned in a place like Port Razule, any offense--even just a perceived offense--was met threefold with violence. He urged his body to move, to avoid the impact, but the man was quick, and the spear came crashing into his shoulder. The spear sunk into his flesh much deeper than should have been possible, and his bandages were dyed red with his blood. The flesh beneath began to ripple and pulse, and the bandages were torn away by a sudden force. The wound was revealed, and much more than just that--it had pierced through one of the many now-revealed holes in his flesh, from which a hundred insects, tearing away at the bandages, suddenly burst forth. They crawled along the shaft of the spear, a din of chitinous wings.

Reeling from the shock of the sudden attack more than the pain, Vaska struggled to think of how to respond. The locusts had been set in motion as a matter of self-preservation, but truth be told he would rather not fight it out--he thought of the shield crushing a building again, and shuddered.

"Wait!" he yelled, and the swarm stopped just inches from Doran's hand. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt her. Please don't hurt me."

Edited by Johnny Paradise, 22 June 2016 - 07:32 AM.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Doran and Mirana

Disappointingly, the masked man wasn't able to dodge his attack even after he held back. But the result was far less than disappointing. Impetus sunk into the man's flesh, sinking far deeper than his attack should have allowed him to do, and the insect swarm flew out of the entrance wound. Doran was about to step away in response, knowing even he couldn't avoid getting bitten if there were that many insects, and not knowing if they were poisonous. Fortunately, they stopped of their own volition, or rather, under the command of the masked man.

"Wait!" he yelled, and the swarm stopped just inches from Doran's hand, "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt her Please don't hurt me."

Doran grinned. "You're even more interesting than I thought. I'm going to pull out my weapon now, stand still." Impetus slid out of the wound with ease, and the insects scurried back into their home. Doran offered the man his hand, to help him back onto his feet. "I'm the one who's sorry...I thought you'd be able to dodge my attack. My name is Doran Reva, and my armored friend over there is Mirana. We are currently looking for companions to travel the Grand Line with. You should join us." Mirana saw from that look in his eyes, that he wouldn't be taking no for an answer. Mirana saw the crowd begin to whisper to each other. Though she wasn't a fan of this mysterious bug man, she hoped he would say yes to her King's request, so there wouldn't have to be any more violence.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Vaska

Vaska stared at Doran vacantly. Had he misheard? No one had wanted to travel with him before, and he had been looking for a rather long time for someone who would. It was surprising, to say the least, that a man that attacked him within two minutes of meeting him would offer his companionship so easily.

"Uh... Sure?" he said hesitantly. He looked around awkwardly, not wanting to make eye contact, and in doing so made eye contact instead with the dozens of people who stopped to watch the small altercation. He was suddenly very self conscious and tore into his medical bag, disinfecting his wound and wrapping bandages with the help of his insects. It was a strange sight, perhaps the strangest one many of these people would ever see, but it was no doubt effective to have a million little hands. The insects flew into his mask, returning to rest.

Vaska took his mask off, revealing the dozens of small holes hidden beneath, and bowed his head before the man and woman. "My name's Vaska. I don't know how much help I can be, but I know a bit of medicine."

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Doran and Mirana

"Uh...sure?" the masked man responded. "My name's Vaska. I don't know how much help I can be, but I know a bit of medicine."

"Excellent!" Doran said excitedly, helping Vaska up. Mirana let out a sigh of relief, though she still felt a bit guilty. No matter what sort of person this Vaska was, there was no way he would actually be prepared to handle King Doran. She would still be keeping on a eye on him, of course. Though she was fairly confident Orsen thought them dead, it never hurt to be cautious.

"Hah, see Mirana!" Doran turned to her. "He's a doctor even. I admit, the past few months have been quite the struggle, but luck is starting to turn our way." He turned back to Vaska. "Now, Vaska, onto the next order of business. Do you know where in this city we can find a man called 'Lazarus the Blind? Because we're going to kill him and take all his ships."

Edited by Mors, 22 June 2016 - 08:07 AM.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Vaska

"W-we're going to what now?" Vaska said, aghast. If it were possible for his skin to become paler, it would have done so now. "Did you not see how big he was, or his giant armada of ships? Those things are pretty good signs that we should do the opposite."

Vaska looked from Doran to Mirana, pleading with his eyes for one of them to be reasonable. An unfortunate thing, though, was that neither of them was very reasonable. He quickly considered his options: he could march to what was certainly his death, or he could let the two of them do that while he went somewhere else. Neither seemed particularly palatable. One seemed just a bit worse, however, and he hung his head in defeat.

"He went that way," Vaska said, pointing in the direction Lazarus had left the square earlier.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Orzo

Why is everyone so combative?  Can't they see the wasteful ways in which they apply themselves?  Must man always struggle so with his own nature?

Orzo looked upon the maelstrom of violence before him with a look of pity.  How long had these ages of piracy brought about an unceasing cycle of violence?  The world may not be at peace without them but it has served as an excuse that must be addressed. He had dealt with their kind before.  Pirates?  More like spoiled children incapable of understanding their own limits.  Take this Lazarus, what was his end game?  Where did this lead?  What possible gain did he stand to achieve?  Just a child striking out in the dark in a panic as he once too was struck.  Or maybe he was just stupid.  Who knows.  Honestly, Orzo didn't really care.  He was just tired of it already.

The large man turned back towards the square and returned in short order to find he hadn't missed too much.  Seems the blind one was talking to another.  Orzo would like to have a few words and hopefully straighten this all out but he'd wait until this one was done.  Orzo wasn't in a rush and interrupting would be rude.  He may have been trained by bears but even they are not so uncivilized as that.

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 23 June 2016 - 12:06 AM.

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Doran and Mirana

"W-we're going to what now?" Vaska paled. "Did you not see how big he was, or his giant armada of ships? Those things are pretty good signs that we should do the opposite."

"A giant armada of ships is pretty formidable. But we're not facing a giant armada of ships, we're facing one man who is away from his giant armada of ships. Opportunity is lost to deliberation," Doran said. "Besides, numbers don't mean everything. I once heard of a great swordsman who took out a whole armada in the blink of an eye. You don't trust me now, but you'll learn to, in time." Though he meant what he said about numbers not meaning everything, he left it unsaid that numbers did mean a lot. If they did end up coming toe to toe with an armada, they would lose. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

As it turned out, Lazarus was not a hard man to find. He towered over the crowd, and the scar over his eyes was unmistakable. The three of them arrived in the town square to find a man yelling at Lazarus. "So you can trust me when I say that the mighty hero Captain Kastro is not here anymore! He's off to adventure in parts unkown! Incredible places within the Grand Line! So we would like very much for you to get the hell out of here you bum! We like our town not-burned thank you very much, and the man you're after isn't here!" the man yelled.

"He's very brave..." Mirana said.

Doran shrugged, "Bravery means nothing without the strength to back it up. Come, we can strike at him while he beats that man to death." But Lazarus defied his expectations.

"Kehahaha! Sorry about that." Lazarus said as he quieted down, wiping off the tears from his eyes. "Han was it? You've got jokes, boy I like you. Come with me! Instead of searchign for that bastard, join me for some drinks! Kehahaha!"

Mirana tilted one eyebrow at Doran.

"Without the strength...or the luck, I guess." Doran shrugged. "Alright you two, we should introduce ourselves as well." Doran walked towards Lazarus, Mirana following closely behind him.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Han Some

"Drinks?!" Han exclaimed with a smile, hopping down off the platform and striding his way towards Lazarus with style. The people around him were staring in pure disbelief. His speech had been pretty amazing. He knew that. He himself would be surprised if someone he knew got up and performed such a speech. He could see why they would be amazed. But he didn't know why they would be so surprised. They should know by now, after all these years, exactly what Han was capable of. And how awesome he is.

"Don't mind if I do. There's a good place just around the corner from here, a friend of mine runs it. Brews his own beer, it's pretty great. I'm sure they'd welcome the service of someone as famous as Lazarus the Blind." Han smiled. It was so kind of him to recommend his friends tavern to Lazarus. Lazarus was a big man. He would surely drink lots. His friend, the tavern owner, should be real grateful to have him as a customer. Not once did Han wonder whether Lazarus would actually be paying for all the drinks he was sure to have, or if he'd just choose not to. He may have just bankrupted his 'friend' for all he knew. But it didn't even cross his mind as a possibility.

"I just hope he's there working and not slacking off in this crowd." He suddenly shot a chastising gaze at a specific place in the audience. Hoping to look directly at his friend and leave everyone wondering how he knew exactly what was happening at all times. It failed. He couldn't see him. That was a shame. But probably a good sign too maybe he was behind the bar. "No matter. If he's not there I'll just pour us the drinks. He won't mind." He added casually with a smile and a dismissive wave of the hand. He was great friends with the tavern-owner. Almost the best of friends. Ever. Though Han couldn't lock himself into a relationship like that. He had a large and diverse social life. He couldn't tie himself to one Best friend and just let everyone else down. It just wouldn't be fair. "Sound good?"

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Acts of violence were far too common in Port Razule. A random scuffle between two young men barely enough to draw any attention. But when a massive shield appearing out of nowhere, topples a building, it was only natural to look. A small crowd had gathered and  their disturbed and startled whispers echoed throughout the area.

"Did you see that girl? She, she destroyed that home without even trying." One man muttered in disbelief. 

"Insects were pouring out of his body. What kind of monster is he?" Many were appalled while several others were merely left speechless. However, from above, sitting atop a balcony, were two cloaked individuals. 

"Yo, did you just see that? We've got devil fruit users, man." Unlike those that had witnessed the encounter of Doran, Mirana and Vaska, they appeared relaxed and unfazed with what they saw.

"Of course. But did you hear what they were talking about?" The taller of the two men simply laughed and scratched the top of his head. "What were they saying?"

With a smirk, the smaller man replied. "They're after the boss"

---------------------------------

Back at the town square, the situation seemed to have calmed down. Well, at least for Han. Everyone had broken out in a cold sweat as they waited with bated breath the outcome of the conversation between the two.

"Drinks?!" "Don't mind if I do. There's a good place just around the corner from here, a friend of mine runs it. Brews his own beer, it's pretty great. I'm sure they'd welcome the service of someone as famous as Lazarus the Blind. I just hope he's there working and not slacking off in this crowd."

He suddenly shot a chastising gaze at a specific place in the audience. Hoping to look directly at his friend. Everyone was left wondering at what he was suddenly looking at. Little did they know, Han's attempt of being all-knowing, had failed. He couldn't see his friend; it was a shame. It was probably a good sign though; maybe he was behind the bar.

No matter. If he's not there I'll just pour us the drinks. He won't mind. Sound good?"

Lazarus grinned and approached Han "Kehahahaha! Sounds like a plan, boy!" His voice boomed throughout the area. Most were certain that there was something incredibly odd with how loud his voice was.

Leaning forward, he grabbed the young man and lifted him of the ground, placing him atop his shoulder. "Lead the way! Show this blind fool where you lot hide your alcohol! Kehahaha!

---------------------------------

Displeased with the events that had took place around Port Razule, Orzo decided to take matters into his own hands. The conversation between Han and Lazarus appeared to have ended as he saw both finally making their way away from the town square. It was finally his turn to speak his mind. Before he could grab the attention of the blind pirate, three other individuals had suddenly appeared. They met Lazarus and Han halfway as they were about to leave. Now in front of them were Orzo and adjacent to him, was the group of Doran.

"Kehahahaha! Friends of yours?" Lazarus turned his head towards Han. He was certainly in too good of a mood to suspect any ill intent from Doran, Orzo, Mirana or Vaska. "The more the merrier! Maybe you'd want to join us for some drinks! Kehahahaha" 

Everyone had realized that being this close to Lazarus was not good on the ears. The possibility that his voice was heard throughout the island did not seem that far-fetched anymore. 

Edited by Deviruchi, 25 June 2016 - 03:51 AM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Han Some

"They're not friends of mine." Han replied gravely. Suddenly he hopped to his feet on the large man's shoulder. "Yet!" He added loudly and most definitely proudly. He flashed a welcoming smile and pulled off a sweet pose. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Party Patrol! We are off to get drinks and my big new friend here says you're welcome to join! What luck! How generous!" He smiled down at his new friends. They looked so small from up here. Like little ants. Or saplings. Fitting, as their friendship was still but a sapling. As was their admiration for Han. But soon both little saplings would sprout large and powerful roots, growing taller than the sky, and that is as tall as you can get. And on that day, as their mighty leaves brush the clouds, Han will turn to them and he will say 'Friends! Friends. Loyal chums and age old companions, I know you are eager to please me. I know. And so I will let you buy the next round.' Oh how they they will cheer. The smiles will be so wide they'll be touching their ears. Tears of joy will be wept. Alcohol will be purchased. A fine day it will be. A fine day indeed. "Come! To the tavern!"

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

Vaska

Standing in the shadow of the large pirate, Vaska began to lament the decisions that had led him to this point in his life. Lazarus laughed and bellowed, the sound crushing what little resolve Vaska still had under its enormous volume. Locusts crawled out from beneath his mask and into his ears, to muffle the sound a bit. He looked nervously to Doran and Mirana, even sending a sidelong glance to the Shandian he'd never met before, trying to feel out the mood of the group. They weren't really going to go get drinks, were they?

But no, he knew, they were almost definitely about to go get drinks. Perhaps Doran would attempt to strike at Lazarus after getting him drunk, or maybe he had some other such plot--Vaska was sure it was nefarious and tactically sound, but unfortunately as one lacking in the art of strategy, he had little idea what it would be. So, he decided to simply take his place, slightly behind and to the left of Mirana, who he hoped would be able to smash Lazarus with her shield without the pirate killing him. Or her. Mostly him.

He raised his hand weakly in response to Han and said "T-to the tavern...."

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Doran and Mirana

"A jolly lot, you pirates," Doran raised his mug before taking a long swig of ale. It tasted awful, but if Doran was to be pirate king he first had to learn to be a pirate. He recalled entering the city, everywhere along the dusty path, the people of Port Razule drank at tables, at barrel tops, standing in groups, lying on the sod, or on the decks of barges. They drank from clay cups, pewter mugs, wooden trenchers, from jugs, bottles, kegs, and ewers, the method of delivery as varied as the brews poured down so many throats.

Calling the tavern Lazarus had ushered them into a dive bar would be generous. It had a certain reek to it: sweat, seawater, and stale beer combined to create a putrid smell stronger than any of the three individually. Doran saw Han Some downing his drink without a care in the world. Beside him, Mirana and Vaska stayed quiet, their mugs untouched.

"Lazarus the Blind. You have quite the reputation you know," Doran addressed the pirate. He looked even larger up close, though Doran had seen giants before, and they were much larger than Lazarus. "You are quite insane. The man you are looking for has left port, and it seems you have condemned the people of this city to a fiery death if they don't comply with your impossible request...however, the truth of the matter is, I could care less what happens to Port Razule or the people that live here. I'm here looking for new friends, and if they are a bit insane, then who am I to judge?"

Doran took another sip of ale. It taste any better, no matter how much he drank. He already missed the fine wines of his home country. "So, between two new friends, and two men aiming to become pirate king, how about we play a little game?" Doran tilted his head upward so he could meet Lazarus's eyes, or lack of eyes as it were. "The ancient game between two pirates, I challenge you to the Davy Back Fight."

Edited by Mors, 29 June 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

Orzo

What tavern is even open right now?  If there is one do they any honey with their drinks?  Probably not.  It's so hard to find anyone that can make a decent cocktail with honey much less one in the middle of a siege.

Orzo had made himself sad.  The people around him talked of drinks of pirate fights or something yet all he could think about were the spicy honey drinks back home that Tatu would make for him.  It was a lovely drink Orzo would spend hours sipping through his curly bear straw on the hot summer evenings.  Or late afternoons.  Mornings too.  There was never a bad time to drink.  Orzo felt a panic course through him as he struggled to remember if he had packed his straw.  He could definitely recall it being out when he was packing right next to his onesie which he had definitely packed.  Yet, Orzo  could not for the life of him recall if he had packed the straw or not.  There was no reason he wouldn't of but the uncertainty of it instilled a sense of dread he could not shake.

Wait, where am I?  Who is this talking?  How did I get here?  Damn pack instincts, why do my feet just follow people without question.  Okay Orzo, this guy is asking a question. Play it cool.  Cool as a bear. 

Orzo grunted and settled deeper into his seat.  

Deviruchi

Deviruchi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

"A jolly lot, you pirates." Doran raised his mug before taking a long swig of ale. Lazarus along with several of his crew mates jeered and cheered in response as they toasted to the young man's words. From blatant death threats to establishing new found friendships; this was the ever so erratic life of a pirate. 

"Lazarus the Blind. You have quite the reputation you know," Doran addressed the pirate.

Kehahaha! I don't think much about it. I'm merely a blind pirate enjoying his life out at sea!" Lazarus let out a hearty laugh before taking downing his seventh keg of rum. 

"You are quite insane. The man you are looking for has left port, and it seems you have condemned the people of this city to a fiery death if they don't comply with your impossible request." The pirate's ears momentarily twitched as his reddened face suddenly showed a smile. Was he aware that Kastro wasn't on the island? What was his actual reasoning behind his actions? His motives were quite unclear, but it appeared he cared not for what others thought about him.

"However, the truth of the matter is, I could care less what happens to Port Razule or the people that live here. I'm here looking for new friends, and if they are a bit insane, then who am I to judge?"

Lazarus was left speechless for a moment; what he heard was something unexpected. In every other island that he had laid waste to, there was always an individual who opted to play the hero. Someone who sought recognition and believed in justice. Hearing Doran's words were like a breath of fresh air. Lazarus was honestly amused. Lazarus slammed his fist onto the table in front of him in excitement, destroying it along with the floor beneath it. "I like you, boy!"

Unfazed by the display of strength by Lazarus, he continued to speak. "So, between two new friends, and two men aiming to become pirate king, how about we play a little game?" Doran tilted his head upward so he could meet Lazarus's eyes, or lack of eyes as it were. "The ancient game between two pirates, I challenge you to the Davy Back Fight."

The entire tavern immediately fell silent. Doran could feel the gaze of every pirate directed towards him. The jovial atmosphere soon turned serious as all awaited the response of the Blind Pirate. 

Lazarus chugged his last barrel of ale before crushing it in his hands. Wiping his mouth with his arm, he stood up and easily towered over everyone in the tavern. Despite the change in mood, everyone was certain that Lazarus was still enjoying himself as the smile on his face had failed to vanish. As soon as he took a deep breath, every single pirate quickly covered their ears.

A deafening laugh had blasted out from the blind pirate. Glass was shattered and the tavern itself shook. Those who were unaware, were left helpless and although conscious, were stumbled on the ground. His booming voice was definitely audible throughout the entire island; even those out at sea would have heard him.

"A Davy Back Fight?! The last I heard that was from from the stories when I was a child! You have a way with words, boy! Your jokes aren't that bad!"

His voice began to die down but he continued to laugh. "Doran was it? Along with that Han fellow, you're the kind of people I need on my ships! What do you say? Join my crew!"

-------------------------

Dragged into a situation he wanted nothing to do with, Orzo remained quiet and alone, sitting in a corner. He wish to leave the island wasn't possible and his longing for a quality honey-based drink could not be satisfied. His day had started out horribly and it certainly could get worse. Unlike those from Lazarus' crew, he was unaware of the thunderous cry that was about to befall his precious ears. However, it appeared that the world was not completely unfair. Before Lazarus had stood up, Orzo was approached from behind. "Shandian, I need your help." he whispered to Orzo before covering his ears. 

With all distracted by Lazarus, Orzo was pulled to the rest room by an unknown assailant. He easily broke free from whoever it was who pulled him from his seat. On the floor was a man with blood oozing out of his ears. He appeared to be in a daze, but still managed to smile at Orzo.

"My name is Kastro."

Spoiler

Edited by Deviruchi, 30 June 2016 - 09:26 AM.